Recent Topics

Ads

City time must be fixed

Let's talk about... everything else
Alfa1986

Re: City time must be fixed

Post#51 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:01 am

istvar wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:20 pm
Urmig wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:47 pm Why not use a system similar to the bagbonus system which is already in place?

If during the campaign you get a purple/golden bags, you can surrender it to the system to accrue a city contribution value.

Once you have contributed enough bags, if a city occurs and you do not get a chance to participate, you get rewards for the city based on the final score and on the stars of the city.

As an example, you surrender 5 golden bags and IC is sieged with 3 stars. If destro wins, you get the reward for a victory, if destro loses, you get rewards as if you had lost.

If you decide to take your chances and join the city, then you lose your bag contribution.

In this way, if someone pushes for a city when you are not online, you are still rewarded for having contributed to the overall campaign
yeah and knowing the player base of this server all you would achieve is everyone logging to the same faction to afk push empty zones for contribution. we already saw it with the invader drops in fort zones and we all know what that change did to the server population. We have seen certain guilds log to order to push city just to relog destro to farm gear when cities first started.
As long as people will do anything for "muh gear" contribution based solutions aren't going to work.
We all know it's a badly implemented progression system, we all know that the stubborn insistence on trying to make forts mandatory content are hurting the game. FUNNELHAMMER is not fun or engaging game play!
Everyone complains about "city loggers" but if you do not give people a reason to play outside of city this is the result.

at this point the devs really have to ask themselves, what do they want this server to be about? RvR or forts/cities.. both together isn't working if you actively Defend you are hurting your own progression that is the one core problem this all boils down to.
"i can help defend this zone for 1 royal or i can log the other faction and push to city for the chance at 20+ royals"
you tell me what the most likely scenario is when these are the two options presented to you
that's the point. that is why mythic EA developed a system in which you could not change the side anymore by initially choosing a faction, and if you wanted to play for two factions at the same time, then you had to paid for two subscribe. here it is pointless because one person can have several accounts, accordingly there are such problems like xrealmers, city-loggers, throwing and so on. Perhaps you are right and in the fact that these problems cannot be solved at all in this paradigm.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
desizt

Post#52 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:31 am

Adapt.
Overcome.

..and drink lotsa coffee at 2am
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

sagefoxwood

Post#53 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:46 am

i have a solution for everyone

when you are pushed to a city defence / attack everyone that is high enough lvl/rr should get a 24 hour decaying ticket that is used to que for the city defense / attack scenario this way people can play at their normal hours :)

but of course the draw backs to this are obvious with people queing at diferent times you may miss out just the same as the system is now~

but the huuuuge advantage of this would be that everyone could do city with their alts too :)

ravezaar

Post#54 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:31 am

another 5am City, missed ofc. Royals missed. End Game missed
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#55 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:47 am

It is not impossible to get full sovereign it just takes time my previous which i deleted a few months at 87 rr had both sets of sov and im eu. Took me 4 months to do. That is not a massive out of people lives. Too much i want it now generation. I deliberately got up at between 3am and 4am to get sov but it a lot worse now than forts were when they first. Learn to be patient changes will come other content is also important. Lost Vale and Lotd must be forfront in the devs as Wargrimmir they are on other things. Rome wasnt built in a day im glad warhammer is here and continues to improve. Maybe i am bit chilled than most at 45 there more important things to worry. Learn to play for fun and let dev who do a wonderful with no reward other than a love for the game. The forts started as nightmare with lots of changes, cities are no different the system will evolve over time till we get something that works for both EU and NA

Morgannis 87 rr dps sm Cutabove 74 rr snb sm

Jesden

Post#56 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:31 am

point is just because you did get up at 3am and 4am doesn't mean you should have had to. And not everyone playing this game is free to do so. I hardly think wanting an equal chance at end game content without waking up in the night to do so is 'i want it now'. Nor is it fair to require it, however the Devs have stated they are aware of the situation and are not happy with it.

mytreds

Post#57 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:46 am

Then when you are awake, coordinate pushes to get you a city. NA took a city today around 7-10pm NA time. And you can’t push another city within 24hrs?

Please tell me more about how NA Order and Destros are not as good as EU.

The problem is you don’t contribute to the push, you rely on others to do that for you, and hope city will pop at a convenient time for you. And when it doesn’t, you blame the game.

There are plenty of times when I’ve been pushing zones all afternoon and evening, go to bed at 1am and find out city happened an hour later. Thems just the breaks kid.

randomeclipse

Post#58 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:12 am

When a game has you setting an alarm for 3am you have your priorities wrong, or no responsibilities. If the latter, enjoy it while you can 🤪.

Ads
Goermsi

Post#59 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:10 am

sagefoxwood wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:46 am i have a solution for everyone

when you are pushed to a city defence / attack everyone that is high enough lvl/rr should get a 24 hour decaying ticket that is used to que for the city defense / attack scenario this way people can play at their normal hours :)

but of course the draw backs to this are obvious with people queing at diferent times you may miss out just the same as the system is now~

but the huuuuge advantage of this would be that everyone could do city with their alts too :)

I think it's a pretty good idea!
the city as a scenario. Registrations for groups of up to 6 men. 24 players for each side.
Man ... that sounds almost balanced and fair.
Like it Hard (Drakenwald)
...PVP, nothing else...

TiberiusD

Post#60 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:28 am

Two cities per week.

One Altdorf 5 stars
One Inevitable City 5 stars.

In the weekend.

Friday - Saturday
Saturday - Sunday