Recent Topics

Ads

Slayer vs Choppa

Let's talk about... everything else
jvlosky

Re: Slayer vs Choppa

Post#21 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:45 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:23 pm
Gurf wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:01 pm It's one of the few pairings which the original devs actually did a good job at, good damage which is balanced with risk, not too much CC. Not OP not UP.

The only thing I would tweak is that GTTC is underfendable which should be changed, as there is nothing you can really do about it, Mara and WL pull at least you can do something if you react in time. Other pulls can be blocked parried. Which is why you see them spamming that ability all day long, if it wasn't a guarantee pull you might see a bit more varied playstyle on the Choppa.
Please understand that the "pull" part of GTDC is undefendable. The damage part is very defendable. Its the Slayer that gets 20 out of 30 seconds (or 25 if grouped w SM) of 100% undefendable damage. So while the Choppa has a (slightly) easier time getting enemies grouped up by randomly pulling someone within 40 feet to them (which it can very well be someone already close to them - again - randomly pulls), its the Slayer that is the undefendable meat grinder pumping out way more damage over time.
Slayers can get 'banish enchantment' attacked on them and get Rampage cleansed. Also Rampage lasts 10 seconds, only 20s duration if you're furious which takes timing and skill and not having a tactic that keeps your rage capped.

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#22 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:20 pm

The pull should be defendable, end of the story. Why? Because pulls in this game don't work properly. I'm randomly getting pulled through walls and doors, I'm being randomly pulled into walls and doors. Mara, magus, engi, etc you can at least do something, be stack defensive of break the pull. With choppa you can't do anything and it's stupid.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

CountTalabecland

Post#23 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:21 pm

As stated above, Rampage is actually well balanced due to rage requirements, lack of a gap closer, and the fact that it can be shattered. If you see a glowing slayer punt it away or dont stand within 30 ft during retribution bomb and you have negated most the damage.

GTDC is broken because the pull is undefendable and it has no minimum range. You can pop it without rage and interrupt any channel or build up. Its a braindead spam because you give up nothing by using it on cooldown without thinking. At least Rampage has to be managed to have as many of those 20 seconds used while in melee range, while prepping your rage to peak after using rampage so you can retribution bomb in red while Rampage is up for the whole duration.

Destro never wants to look deeper than saying “oh muh gurd 100% ignore waaaaah.”
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

nuadarstark

Post#24 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:47 pm

I mean, there is a reason why you don't see order city premades running around with freaking 4-6 slayers, unlike the melee train you see on destro where you can easily get groups with 4-6 choppas and several mSHs against you. But in cities it's actually not the problem, it's the random pulls into objects/walls in oRvR where GtdC really shines.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

TreefAM

Post#25 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:53 pm

A warband with 4-6 choppas and msh is absolutely useless and has no dmg to kill anything, unless you are a solo pugchamp but that says more about you than the shitty choppa warbands.

Acidic

Post#26 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:54 pm

nuadarstark wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:47 pm I mean, there is a reason why you don't see order city premades running around with freaking 4-6 slayers, unlike the melee train you see on destro where you can easily get groups with 4-6 choppas and several mSHs against you. But in cities it's actually not the problem, it's the random pulls into objects/walls in oRvR where GtdC really shines.
And yet you do see premade with stacked slayers, and it’s very effective, maybe look at NGE
Last edited by Acidic on Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fatpig

Post#27 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Gurf wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:08 pm Its well known that Choppas generally just spam one ability: Get to the Choppa.... Slayers just charge in and die.
Except you can't spam GTDC as its on a 20sec cooldown...…..

phononHYPE

Post#28 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:09 pm

Way to stay on top gang....
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#29 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:19 pm

TreefAM wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:53 pm A warband with 4-6 choppas and msh is absolutely useless and has no dmg to kill anything, unless you are a solo pugchamp but that says more about you than the shitty choppa warbands.
Good Choppa/Slayer always tops damage charts, not sure what you are talking about.

Maybe BW/sometimes really good WL can pump huge numbers, but if Choppa/some sorc players are any good they are easily top dps on destro.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

ravezaar

Post#30 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:24 pm

Choppas does more dmg due to Crit Tactic and they have better health due to Race Tactic. Slayers race tactic is armor wich is useless on a class wich loose 50% of armor and resist when they go Beserk, there CLASS MECHANIC cuts all armor in half, Wounds as the Choppa has is NOT AFFECTED in this matter.

Choppa > Slayer but its close maybe the closest pairing ingame

However dont listen to ppl giving u advise here who played either class for a few weeks or months and think they master it yet DONT UNDERSTAND simple thing as class mechanics. I played the Class of Slayer for 12 YEARS and there isnt nothing about it idk. To compare the 2 features all talk about Rampage & Get to da Choppa:

GtdC is an UNDEFENDABLE pull, yes u cant parry, block or even jump off a cliff to avoid it. Alot of us has tested this. It does quite alot of dmg seen 600+ ticks from both Grufrip and Killstomp on me tho its rare it hits hard. What kills however is THE PULL, either the Choppa or his FRIENDS due to u cant defend flying in air.

Rampage is excellent in return and Choppa cant stop or avoid it, 10-20s of no parry. It does NO DMG on its own and it RESTARTS your rage everytime wich is bad. Its called Tank-Killer by Destro wich is pathetic cause a high geared Slayer cant kill a high geared Tank on his own at all, Chosens consider a Slayer a "Free kill".

Both Classes suffer in the ARMOR META where everyone and there mother is stacking armor talis in every slot and we dont have any armor debuff, most rely on a inferior gear like invader to proc a debuff bonus, a flaud system to actually use lower gear to achieve better result, really sad after all that grind for Warlord or Sov.

2 Classes still good, used to be great and YES i see the diffrence cause I played the class uunlike most writing here. Both viable, both very similat in strength.

Stop with advise when u have no Clue plz
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ