Recent Topics

Ads

What is a ranged shadow warriors role meant to be exactly?

Let's talk about... everything else
anarchypark

Re: What is a ranged shadow warriors role meant to be exactly?

Post#61 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:17 am

UnspeakableOath wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:10 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:08 pm
anarchypark wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:46 am try Powerful Draw + Glass Arrow + VoN as skirmisher.
just seek moment when to stop moving and change stance.
It's old(?) burst dmg, only need some control from players.

at this moment i'm not sure i will go back to scout or stay skirm.
kill power is definitely scout but skirm is more challenging, fun
if you're looking for challenge kiting SW will give you one.
has anyone tried silence 1 healer and KD another one in a row? no matter what you spec. It's so satisfying.

still testing aoe but guard/heal is so rare for me.
You know Glass Arrow is only for scout right ? Why I have to corret you on every post you write about SW, I dont think you ever tried the class... I feel like I am in a dejavu writing this comment right now
This is why I stopped trying. The devs aren't listening, as far as I can tell, or at least won't acknowledge anyone and half of the posts are gibberish noise like this rather than signal.
all of u missed 'change stance' part?
it doesn't take gcd. it takes two buttons compare to one button b4.
unless you're not familiar with stance dance...
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO5, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
agemennon675

Post#62 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:21 pm

anarchypark wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:17 am
agemennon675 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:08 pm

You know Glass Arrow is only for scout right ? Why I have to corret you on every post you write about SW, I dont think you ever tried the class... I feel like I am in a dejavu writing this comment right now
This is why I stopped trying. The devs aren't listening, as far as I can tell, or at least won't acknowledge anyone and half of the posts are gibberish noise like this rather than signal.
What is your point exactly ? We missed stance dance ? Do you realise you cant ever combine powerful draw+von+glass arrow in any way, glass arrow will only proc on scout abilities while powerful draw only works on skirmish abilities(well not all of them just some of them, and isnt worth using lol), you dont know how things work and yet call people''unless you're not familiar with stance dance...'' yeah sure
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Rekkerr

Post#63 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:59 pm

Both SW and WH nerfed into extinction. I know the GMs love to talk about how feedback needs to be constructive or will be ignored. SW is so messed up right now I couldnt even offer an idea to fix aside from make it like live was. WH & SW used to be a lot of fun to play now they are just a garbage

anarchypark

Post#64 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:33 am

agemennon675 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:21 pm
anarchypark wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:17 am

What is your point exactly ? We missed stance dance ? Do you realise you cant ever combine powerful draw+von+glass arrow in any way, glass arrow will only proc on scout abilities while powerful draw only works on skirmish abilities(well not all of them just some of them, and isnt worth using lol), you dont know how things work and yet call people''unless you're not familiar with stance dance...'' yeah sure

ok i was too excited finding new rotation and too annoyed by constant whines.
i ran to forum b4 double check.
so it turns out u don't need to change stance for dmg after all, only for cc disarm and silence.
nice catch, keep doing whatever you're doing. i'll keep testing.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO5, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - https://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum ... =8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Raldoran

Post#65 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:21 am

I think personally i would be happy just to see us get some tools to get out of the way of the inevitable melee zerg train that comes your way.

If we had those then it might actually be possible to stay at a reasonable range and do some damage.

The escape tools we have at the moment are a joke. Whirling pin doesn't even punt you back anyway near enough to get you out of harms way and the in the length of time it takes for you come down from the air the snare has worn off any melee chasing you and they are already right on top of you again and then your waiting 30's for it to reset, and half the time it doesn't even fire properly because you have been hit with something else.

The morale 1 knock back and the eyeshot skill isn't bad but again the 3secs knockdown time just isn't even remotely enough to escape, but the takedown skill is useless really and needs to be changed into a pin or a root rather than a 40% reduction in run speed because that isn't enough to actually get away at all.

Karl

Post#66 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:00 pm

... i'll keep testing.
Thx mate, pls do. I’ve shelfted my SW for now.

doxifera

Post#67 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:05 pm

Raldoran wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:21 am I think personally i would be happy just to see us get some tools to get out of the way of the inevitable melee zerg train that comes your way.

If we had those then it might actually be possible to stay at a reasonable range and do some damage.

The escape tools we have at the moment are a joke.
a joke is escape tools what have the rest of the range classes

Raldoran

Post#68 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:26 pm

doxifera wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:05 pm
Raldoran wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:21 am I think personally i would be happy just to see us get some tools to get out of the way of the inevitable melee zerg train that comes your way.

The escape tools we have at the moment are a joke.
a joke is escape tools what have the rest of the range classes
Yes the but the rest of the rest of the ranged classes actually do damage as opposed to hitting like a wet noodle which is what SW does at the moment. There has to be a trade off if you do top level dmg like BW and engineers don't expect to easily escape everything. If like SW you do no dmg and cant even get away from anyone it becomes very pointless

Ads