Recent Topics

Ads

Cultivation just seems like the worst

Let's talk about... everything else
Machiara

Cultivation just seems like the worst

Post#1 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:16 am

I've been working on leveling a cultivator and it has just been a teeth-grinding slog. Example: My Cultivator has a 99 skill. I just ran through more than 20 cultivation plots with no skillups or special moments. Not only that, but I had at least six critical failures and (in contrast) only three critical successes.

A critical success gives you an extra item, a critical failure loses you two items. So out of the roughly 40 items you might expect from 20 cultivation plots I only ended up getting 31. Given that it took 20 seeds to start the plots, if I want to replace the seeds I only got 11 additional items from 20 plots.

So that's a half hour of work. I don't mind listening to a podcast or whatever while I do this but it just feels like spinning my wheels. There's no reason why the critical failure rate should be so freaking high, especially when you are not getting skillups. If it's so difficult that I'm failing over 1/4 of the time then I should be getting regular skillups for successes.

Cultivation just seems to be unnecessarily frustrating. Is there something I'm just doing wrong?

Ads
Zxul

Re: Cultivation just seems like the worst

Post#2 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:28 am

Lvl cultivating on main, get MGRemix addon, and cultivate while playing/fighting.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

nanakaros

Post#3 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:43 am

i level it 1-200 in 2-3 hours.

Silveras

Post#4 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:25 pm

Are you using the Miracle Grow addon? It completely changes cultivating into a mindless, endless gold bag.

Acidic

Post#5 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:10 pm

Cultivation is a good carreee for a main.
Miracle grow remix and grow the whole time in a warband it very good, especially if you focus rvr . If your PVE focus could be worth going scavenger