Counterplay for Get to the Choppa

Let's talk about... everything else
desizt

Re: Counterplay for Get to the Choppa

Post#31 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:38 pm

Pro Order players, please tell me what's the counter play of WL pounce and aSW assault and Slayer's Rampage?

/sigh
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

Ads
slattie

Post#32 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:14 pm

@axelpl92
6:50 a.m. "GTDC is mostly a scrub catcher when chasing a single kill with grp."
is that why the best guild on destroy side run 5 gtdc choppa?

@foofmonger
9:35 a.m. "Yep, GTDC is basically almost worthless is organized settings in city from a destro point of view. Watching bad players whine about it is funny though."
"Is it GTDC or just FMJs amazing Choppas though? Those guys put out like twice the damage of your average Choppa."

foof, look. you say gtdc is 'basically almost worthless' in city and then, when it serves your argument and is convenient, you admit that amazing players from the best city guild choose to use gtdc. seriously man, can you even remember what you said 2 2/3 hours in the past?

Foofmonger

Post#33 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:50 pm

slattie wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:14 pm @axelpl92
6:50 a.m. "GTDC is mostly a scrub catcher when chasing a single kill with grp."
is that why the best guild on destroy side run 5 gtdc choppa?

@foofmonger
9:35 a.m. "Yep, GTDC is basically almost worthless is organized settings in city from a destro point of view. Watching bad players whine about it is funny though."
"Is it GTDC or just FMJs amazing Choppas though? Those guys put out like twice the damage of your average Choppa."

foof, look. you say gtdc is 'basically almost worthless' in city and then, when it serves your argument and is convenient, you admit that amazing players from the best city guild choose to use gtdc. seriously man, can you even remember what you said 2 2/3 hours in the past?
I'm literally asking a question, if it's GTDC or the fact that FMJs Choppas are just great at their DPS rotations. Just because you have reading comprehension problems doesn't mean what I posted is incorrect.

So to recap it for you:

1. I think GTDC is basically almost worthless in organized settings. I stated this and I stand by it. Sorry if that confuses you.
2. Someone responded saying "well FMJ runs a bunch of choppas using GTDC" and they do well. I'm aware of this, because I literally am in the same alliance and have played with these specific Choppas.
3. I propose a question, is it actually GTDC that makes FMJs choppas strong? Or is it the fact that they are just the best choppas on the server and know how to play and GTDC is a red herring argument that misses the point?

Are you still confused of where we are now? Before calling people out make sure you understand what is being stated, which you clearly did not. Just because Destro wbs use Choppas in their melee set ups doesn't mean that they use them "because of GTDC" or that "GTDC is the reason the strat works", while that may be the case, that's literally why I'm asking/proposing the question. Is that the actual reason? Or is it because the Choppa class as a whole is a solid pick for a destro melee deathball being the highest damage AoE MDPS class destro has? :roll:

What do you expect a destro MDPS train to run? 100% witch elves and DPS DoKs?

In my personal experience, GTDC is not the reason you run Choppas, and is effectively a non-factor in cities. It gives out free immunities, randomly jumbles the enemy around which breaks your assist train, prevents your Marauders from pulling in high value targets (due to the immunities), prevents tanks from being able to knockback guarding tanks to focus down targets, and is basically just more effective as a general interrupt than anything else, of which it's actually worse then the Mara AOE interrupt. It can occasionally be useful in some situations (such as charging into a backline of healers who forgot what pre-kiting is so you can save a little time chasing them around), but more often than not it's just an AoE damage channel and it's primary use is for deathball AOE damage and most of the "pulling" aspect of it is actually detrimental in many cases.

I don't know what world we live in where anyone thinks that GTDC is a more important factor in cities than Rampage is, which is far more impactful.

bigdaddimatti

Post#34 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:34 am

To me the easiest solution would be to have the pull happen at the end of the channel, not instantly upon pushing the button. Then people would have a chance to counterplay.

sogeou

Post#35 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:37 am

How about the choppa pull gets a min distance like other pulls. Can't pull someone that is under 20 feet. That would be a start.

Harrwin

Post#36 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:30 am

Since none answered to actuall facts (like the argument Foof is magking, and none is able to answer him) i propose a swap, since choppa is so overpowered, lets petition the devs to swap out git to da choppa and keep on choppin with inevitable doom and rampage, for at least 1 week and lets see the results(its a 1:1 swap, keep on choppin is the skill choppas have in place of ramapge).

Omegus

Post#37 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:38 am

Kwatchi wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:29 pmThe immunity is iffy, only being granted some of the time. But Mythic's underlying code is at fault there so what can you do?
Immunities are granted by the server which is 100% RoR code. Secrets mentioned on a recent stream that they've tracked down the issue of double pull and are hoping to fix it soon. If it's not granting immunities then put it on the bug tracker so it can be looked into (I've heard sometimes it grants immunities late which could be an easy fix).
Having said that, have you ever wondered why FMJ's runs a four Choppa comp? In skilled hands like theirs, there is no viable counter. You just try to sustain through and get out of the rez cycle if possible.
FMJ run 4 Choppas, PNP run 4 Sorcs, Dachosen runs 4+ Marauders. Turns out stacking good things is good. Or, those guilds/groups are just overstacked on those classes (Ere We Go maras seem to be multiplying at an alarming rate) and they built a warband around the guild to include as many people as possible.
BUT FMJ’s full comp went through us last week like we were Pugs in conq. That is with tanks assigned to taunt, keeping spread distance, Challenge rotation, and all the trimmings.
First time Dachosen's WB faced the 7 AOE WL meta it went through us and spawned one of the greatest forum threads of that month. After a few more times and practice the 7 WL AOE WB became fairly trivial to beat (and tbh was the start of us stacking Maras). Perhaps to just need more practice against a good Choppa stacked WB? And that's not said as a taunt or insult - stacks/skews are harder to adapt to on the fly and most players/groups need to build up some painful learning experience in order to get used to specifically dealing with that strat.

I'm actually afraid of facing a good 7 WL AOE group again as most of the people who had experience dealing with it haven't faced it for aaaaages and we have loads of newer players who likely didn't face it before.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Spellbound

Post#38 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:03 pm

How immunities are granted from GTDC is what the problem is and causing the same player get pulled into the air 2-3 times which keeps their defenses next to nothing and die before they land. Best tanks in full sov I saw die in seconds because they were flung into the air multiple times w the deathball.

Devs are aware of the bug and FMJ intentionally abusing it turning a blind eye to it as if they dont know the target in the air loses all defenses and immunities are being granted after they land. Morale drop was their meta before, now found something else to abuse which they’re gonna fix.

Also propose letting the pulled target keep their same defenses they had before they got pulled and the function is just simply being bringing the target closer. So they’re not naked not wearing any armor in the air. Apply to all pulls not just GTDC.

Ads
Nameless

Post#39 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:01 pm

Spellbound wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:03 pm
Also propose letting the pulled target keep their same defenses they had before they got pulled and the function is just simply being bringing the target closer. So they’re not naked not wearing any armor in the air. Apply to all pulls not just GTDC.
Is this true? You lose All defences while in air? And what that means? No parry/dodge/disrupt?
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Foofmonger

Post#40 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:43 pm

Any bugs with GTDC should be fixed, and it should work as its intended. I won't argue against double pulls, immunity wonkiness, or any of that.