Recent Topics

Ads

Counterplay for Get to the Choppa

Let's talk about... everything else
Wdova

Re: Counterplay for Get to the Choppa

Post#21 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:08 am

Gurf wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:48 am If it's so bad and des warbands ban it why do all choppas spam it all day long? One button class
Funny thing des thing the same about rampage😉
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
axelpl85

Post#22 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:13 am

I wouldnt try to make a seek 100% mirrors of mechanics dear hammerhead.
Agreed that range is different. but so is synergy of skills, where GTDC is 1 complete toy that does few things at once but is unpredictable in the outcome and aplies immunities, while Rampage is just a component that doesnt do any harm by itself, but has a good synergy with other skills, does exactly what it should, and in good scenario has around 60% uptime.
Both skills are noticable, powerful, and probably fine.

hammerhead

Post#23 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:15 am

Wdova wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:08 am
Gurf wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:48 am If it's so bad and des warbands ban it why do all choppas spam it all day long? One button class
Funny thing des thing the same about rampage😉
And no one at the order says that the ability is broken. In the original, she is a countermeasure against Youz see me blok 'dat' ?! and Destined For Victory.
(\|)o0(|/)

Wdova

Post#24 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:42 am

axelpl85 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:13 am I wouldnt try to make a seek 100% mirrors of mechanics dear hammerhead.
Agreed that range is different. but so is synergy of skills, where GTDC is 1 complete toy that does few things at once but is unpredictable in the outcome and aplies immunities, while Rampage is just a component that doesnt do any harm by itself, but has a good synergy with other skills, does exactly what it should, and in good scenario has around 60% uptime.
Both skills are noticable, powerful, and probably fine.
I couldnt write it better. Both skills are anoying eqaly and ppl will never stop whine about them. Best perspective about balance You get when You play on both sides. When playing order( rarely now until I gear my choppa) I counter GTDC by staying as far from them as I can or using dragon gun(on WH) or taunting, kd, kb or AOE interrupt as a SM.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

nuadarstark

Post#25 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:17 am

Soo lets get through this - order constantly whining about GtdC being ridiculous and broken ability, interrupting whole wbs, pulling you through doors and objects, getting you stuck, making you unresable, having no minimum range, etc is somehow ridiculous...

Yet destro whining about literally every aspect of the WL class, Rampage somehow being broken and order class reworks is completely fine and just, lol.

Also people are going to meta in organized warbands, they have to. So ofc the mdps slots on orders are going to be evenly split between WLs an Slayers. Not much else to take there mdps-wise.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

roadkillrobin

Post#26 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:53 am

ravezaar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:10 am Its undefendable - Des downplay its important here for 1 reason alone, they dont want a Nerf on it. I seriously doubt it will be adressed so really wouldnt worry but it still catches an kills new players aswell as experienced players. And I havent seen a Choppa, exept the rare 2-H ones not use it.
Choppa players don't want it to be nerfed as it gives the class a uniqe identity and functional purpose. The perception that you're playing a class that bring something that really makes a difference is something that every class should have.

Sulorie

Post#27 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:41 pm

If GTDC would double pull, I am sure someone could easily record it and upload the clip.

Until then you complain about a 10% speed buff, 40ft range pull and free immunity giver on destro side. When this skill seriously disrupts your warband, then it is a weak warband anyway and you have much bigger issues.
Dying is no option.

Foofmonger

Post#28 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:50 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:41 pm If GTDC would double pull, I am sure someone could easily record it and upload the clip.

Until then you complain about a 10% speed buff, 40ft range pull and free immunity giver on destro side. When this skill seriously disrupts your warband, then it is a weak warband anyway and you have much bigger issues.
Yep, GTDC is basically almost worthless is organized settings in city from a destro point of view. Watching bad players whine about it is funny though.

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#29 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:29 pm

gurtuk wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:31 am
Kwatchi wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:24 am
Detangler wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:29 am You could just be thankful that the Choppa gave your tanks free punt immunity when they got dragged an entire 15 feet over a half second so your mdps can happily keep their guard up. Also you can still fire off instant abilities while in the air, just like any other punt/pull, so there's that, too. "Disabling an entire warband"....
The immunity is iffy, only being granted some of the time. But Mythic's underlying code is at fault there so what can you do?

Having said that, have you ever wondered why FMJ's runs a four Choppa comp? In skilled hands like theirs, there is no viable counter. You just try to sustain through and get out of the rez cycle if possible.
Have you ever wondered why good coordinated order city warbands run 4-5 white lion/6-7 warrior priest comps? GTTC isn't even that good as stated above, giving an entire warband immunity just so you can throw them around a little.
Only works if you have a full 24 throughout the whole city. ;)

The Knights WB tends to have success. Ask Wam about it after last night (he did immediately msg Dansari after that the sun was in his eyes mind you).

BUT FMJ’s full comp went through us last week like we were Pugs in conq. That is with tanks assigned to taunt, keeping spread distance, Challenge rotation, and all the trimmings.

PNP or WoM or TUP or other morale droppers don’t even come close to that. The excuse that not one plays choppas is simply persons not understanding how to use game mechanics to their fullest.

GTDC is not broken at the pug or tier 2 guild level. It is broken at the top tier of the game.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

Foofmonger

Post#30 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:35 pm

Kwatchi wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:29 pm
gurtuk wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:31 am
Kwatchi wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:24 am
The immunity is iffy, only being granted some of the time. But Mythic's underlying code is at fault there so what can you do?

Having said that, have you ever wondered why FMJ's runs a four Choppa comp? In skilled hands like theirs, there is no viable counter. You just try to sustain through and get out of the rez cycle if possible.
Have you ever wondered why good coordinated order city warbands run 4-5 white lion/6-7 warrior priest comps? GTTC isn't even that good as stated above, giving an entire warband immunity just so you can throw them around a little.
Only works if you have a full 24 throughout the whole city. ;)

The Knights WB tends to have success. Ask Wam about it after last night (he did immediately msg Dansari after that the sun was in his eyes mind you).

BUT FMJ’s full comp went through us last week like we were Pugs in conq. That is with tanks assigned to taunt, keeping spread distance, Challenge rotation, and all the trimmings.

PNP or WoM or TUP or other morale droppers don’t even come close to that. The excuse that not one plays choppas is simply persons not understanding how to use game mechanics to their fullest.

GTDC is not broken at the pug or tier 2 guild level. It is broken at the top tier of the game.
Is it GTDC or just FMJs amazing Choppas though? Those guys put out like twice the damage of your average Choppa.