Recent Topics

Ads

5 Years of ROR and...

Let's talk about... everything else
Qwack

5 Years of ROR and...

Post#1 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Its in a really great place! 5 years ago I was just glad this game even existed. Now its clearly in a better state than Live. Early Live was horrible in extreme imbalances and back n forth NerfHammers or FOTM VOPs. The game now seems more like Rock-Paper-Scissors which is a difficult thing to achieve. Sure, some complain that some classes are OP or whatever, but I assure you that the first couple of years of Live was far worse. Truly there are classes that totally punk my toon (WLs and AMs ugh), but then a Shammy punks other toons. Rock-Paper-Scissors really is the best balance and more fun.

Kudos ROR!
Destro: [Agony] Qwack Shammy 80+, Krakkenn Chosen 79 and Mincer Choppa 70+
Order: [Kill Team] Krakken Knight 80+

Ads
TwistedSister77

Re: 5 Years of ROR and...

Post#2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:17 pm

I totally agree, that the Devs here have done a far better job with game than the Live team did. Very grateful for their dedication and out of pocket cost.

istvar

Post#3 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:34 pm

I actually think the last patch of Live was/is the best WAR has ever been, glad we have this server but it has it's own problems just like live did :P

ravezaar

Post#4 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:38 pm

I liked Live campaign more but still fun to have RoR, solid game with some things I disagree with tho and some mistakes that could have bin avoided. But nicely done by Devs
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Martok

Post#5 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:07 pm

What is a FOTM VOP?
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Alfa1986

Post#6 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:00 pm

to compare live and ror, it is better to look at every aspect of the game in detail.
Campaign: I liked it better on live, it was more complicated and interesting (especially on the release).
Forts: tha same as here. dont see significant differences.
Cities: I can’t remember if there were on live other scenarios for sity sieges? No matter, let it be the same, no differences.
Classes balance:
The biggest difference with the plus sign is mSH, a really completely redesigned class it fun to play now. In all the rest I do not see significant differences. On live in my opinion, the lions were much weaker, I remember almost no one played for them, and the stealth classes are much stronger than here.
dungeons: on life, there was the ward system which was better then here. you did not need to run all the dungeons twenty times. u could do only these dungeons which u really need.
scenarios: the same.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Bergbart

Post#7 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:35 pm

before 1.2 War on live..... Bw Playing with fire and Detonate was the problem(Play Bw). Extrem Faction Imbalance, Witch Elf Burst and Magus Mass Sc pull....organised rvr dont exist in this state of Game. Extreme Fire Rain Stacking was possible before 1.2 i have make it in etaine with 462 death in 4 hours(4-6 Kts randomDestros). The other Imbalances exist at this time but no one know ore care.
No immunity Timer as Tank you are not to be able to fight until youre are death.
After 1.2 Extreme Fire Rain Stacking and Scorched Earth Spamming for a whole year(Thanks to the Guilds who destroyed the devs on the europe test server with that---> 2 weeks later a simple but good nerf).
AA Haste Stacking 0.5 or lower auto attack procs(with 2h).
Chosen Moral and Discipline Moral Stacking for 30 sec who ignore resist cap and can make a whole group a 75% Magic defence and lots of armor but no it was the 222 groups skills... what destroy Zergs....in this Combination the Khaine Moral push to allow this groups full moral at the beggining of this fights....
WL Guardian.
rr 90 sets and weapons whos has 30% more stats and dps as the fellow....
The blanked nerfs
and so on.....the RoR devs make a far better jop than this

Edith: The Bugging lock System for 1 year destro become sc points full in the next contend area (Instand lock after the keep and points are falling) order must play and win sc for.
Bugging Kadrinvalley drestros can never log it
Bugging Citie Pve Instances (Warlord impossible with this bugs)
King Ini for destro unplayable for a brief time

Qwack

Post#8 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:52 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:07 pm What is a FOTM VOP?
Flavor Of The Month... Very Over Powered. Live was notorious for nerfing toons out of existence but then making other classes way over-powered.

Ads
Qwack

Post#9 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:57 pm

istvar wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:34 pm I actually think the last patch of Live was/is the best WAR has ever been, glad we have this server but it has it's own problems just like live did :P
Yes, last patch of Live really got things together... but just before that a toon could hit RR100 with WarpForged gear, Odjira and practically be unkillable ie… Qwack Hybrid Shammy :). But today this toon can't Kite a warband like on Live (or even a 6-man), which was ridiculous back then. More balanced now. I like the challenge in ROR.

It was too easy on Live, more difficult now and I welcome it.

warlover

Post#10 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:20 am

Qwack wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:42 pm Its in a really great place! 5 years ago I was just glad this game even existed. Now its clearly in a better state than Live. Early Live was horrible in extreme imbalances and back n forth NerfHammers or FOTM VOPs. The game now seems more like Rock-Paper-Scissors which is a difficult thing to achieve. Sure, some complain that some classes are OP or whatever, but I assure you that the first couple of years of Live was far worse. Truly there are classes that totally punk my toon (WLs and AMs ugh), but then a Shammy punks other toons. Rock-Paper-Scissors really is the best balance and more fun.

Kudos ROR!
You Krazy