NA Destro

Let's talk about... everything else
Beara

Re: NA Destro

Post#11 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:33 pm

I am NA player. I have never been constrained to one side though I main destro. My DoK needs a few more sov pieces and that's it. Literally no need to play rvr as it will not be a reward worth getting. I play alts until city and then level my main. Literally has nothing to do with xrealming or city logging and has everything to do with the fact that RvR is boring. It's Quantity instead of Quality. I'd rather do scenarios. That coupled with the fact that contribution is so ridiculously random(People try to debate this all the time, but honestly, if you think contribution isn't random, you haven't been playing long enough) leaves me unsatisfied. So instead of working harder for rewards that are random, I work smarter and more efficiently. I'll level up alts while there is no city, q up for scs while solo roaming and getting enough contribution for a roll, and chase aao.
I'm sorry you're upset that you can't manage to win the campaign on your own. That sure is a shame. Invite your friends to the game. Find a guild with people who can contribute something more than a static guard, fluff dps, or group heals. But Shirley, you can't be blaming NA destro for not wanting to play boring aspects of a game when there are better more rewarding parts of it.
If you want someone to blame, blame the devs. Tell them that people aren't playing RvR because it's unrewarding and boring. That it's worthless to play in zones that you have malus in because you literally get nothing for kills and then at the end, contribution is so random that you can't even count on getting gear. That Forts are boring and redundant.
That it's been almost a month since "Squig herders will be getting buffs too" yet we're still playing with gimped SH rdps
NA Destro aren't the ones making promises they don't keep.

As for me, I play both sides, mostly q scenarios and honestly, I enjoy it. I really do love this game. So much fun. But RvR is lame. It's boring, unbalance, and unrewarding. So why would you expect people to put in effort somewhere when there are better rewards to be had by not engaging...?
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

Ads
Stophy22

Post#12 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:57 am

Spoiler:
Beara wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:33 pm I am NA player. I have never been constrained to one side though I main destro. My DoK needs a few more sov pieces and that's it. Literally no need to play rvr as it will not be a reward worth getting. I play alts until city and then level my main. Literally has nothing to do with xrealming or city logging and has everything to do with the fact that RvR is boring. It's Quantity instead of Quality. I'd rather do scenarios. That coupled with the fact that contribution is so ridiculously random(People try to debate this all the time, but honestly, if you think contribution isn't random, you haven't been playing long enough) leaves me unsatisfied. So instead of working harder for rewards that are random, I work smarter and more efficiently. I'll level up alts while there is no city, q up for scs while solo roaming and getting enough contribution for a roll, and chase aao.
I'm sorry you're upset that you can't manage to win the campaign on your own. That sure is a shame. Invite your friends to the game. Find a guild with people who can contribute something more than a static guard, fluff dps, or group heals. But Shirley, you can't be blaming NA destro for not wanting to play boring aspects of a game when there are better more rewarding parts of it.
If you want someone to blame, blame the devs. Tell them that people aren't playing RvR because it's unrewarding and boring. That it's worthless to play in zones that you have malus in because you literally get nothing for kills and then at the end, contribution is so random that you can't even count on getting gear. That Forts are boring and redundant.
That it's been almost a month since "Squig herders will be getting buffs too" yet we're still playing with gimped SH rdps

As for me, I play both sides, mostly q scenarios and honestly, I enjoy it. I really do love this game. So much fun. But RvR is lame. It's boring, unbalance, and unrewarding. So why would you expect people to put in effort somewhere when there are better rewards to be had by not engaging...?
I thought up a long post but I'm getting burned out, as they are reaching no ones ears.

In short you've explained some issues that have been with the game for 1-2 months now and some more recently. No confirmation that these have been acknowledged or work has even began fixing these issues has been sent out to the community. No progress or direction is conveyed to us as we are kept in the dark about most if all things. It truly is a shame to see something you care about turn into something lame, especially when there is no alternative.

but alas make the most of it and say your thanks since there is no RoR without the people who revived it from war emu, but one can wonder how long this entitlement will continue before someone who wants to see this succeed as much as some of the players do.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

doxifera

Post#13 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:34 pm

Beara wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:33 pm I am NA player. I have never been constrained to one side though I main destro. My DoK needs a few more sov pieces and that's it. Literally no need to play rvr as it will not be a reward worth getting. I play alts until city and then level my main. Literally has nothing to do with xrealming or city logging and has everything to do with the fact that RvR is boring. It's Quantity instead of Quality. I'd rather do scenarios. That coupled with the fact that contribution is so ridiculously random(People try to debate this all the time, but honestly, if you think contribution isn't random, you haven't been playing long enough) leaves me unsatisfied. So instead of working harder for rewards that are random, I work smarter and more efficiently. I'll level up alts while there is no city, q up for scs while solo roaming and getting enough contribution for a roll, and chase aao.

Yes, it's sad. What is the basis of the game - RvR Campaign, not inspire people, and they focus on other aspects of the game.

StrongUn

Post#14 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:49 pm

doxifera wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:34 pm

Yes, it's sad. What is the basis of the game - RvR Campaign, not inspire people, and they focus on other aspects of the game.
100% agree.

Just remembered the massive fights on Lineage2 for Epic bosses (Queen Ant, Orfen, Baium, Antharas, Valakas...) lots of purple and red names fighting each others and sieges once every 2 weeks, where your guild/alliance could fight for the casttle and became the casttle lord, with real rewards, and "realm" (alliance) pride.

But here? "campaing" is absolutly boring, lock t2, lock t3, lock t4(hooooooours of stalemate), then forts and cities (invader + war/sov) , and repeat ...

doxifera

Post#15 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:04 pm

StrongUn wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:49 pm
doxifera wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:34 pm

100% agree.

Just remembered the massive fights on Lineage2 for Epic bosses (Queen Ant, Orfen, Baium, Antharas, Valakas...) lots of purple and red names fighting each others and sieges once every 2 weeks, where your guild/alliance could fight for the casttle and became the casttle lord, with real rewards, and "realm" (alliance) pride.

But here? "campaing" is absolutly boring, lock t2, lock t3, lock t4(hooooooours of stalemate), then forts and cities (invader + war/sov) , and repeat ...
Oh yeah. Lineage 2 was great. I remember our first captured castle, our guild was the smallest and the Alliance decided to give us Gludio Castle. Epic siege. Or Dion, it was so long ago.
Last edited by doxifera on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Detangler

Post#16 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:08 pm

Pre keep siege is more fun when you can gank supply runners and harass BO caps. Once it hits 2* the party is over and id rather go a different zone.

Keep sieges were fun when ya first come to RoR, but after a couple dozen or so it can get stale.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

kok

Post#17 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:15 pm

It is all about number
EU time Order :Destro 400:300
Stalemate
NA time Order:Destro: 120:90
Order take zone.
Fact is : Keep door don't get bigger when there are 400 order
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

EggYolkeo

Post#18 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:01 am

It's really disappointing to see one faction jump over to the other faction, for the sole reason of pushing to city (to then jump back over to their main for city). It's to the point where people will blatantly state their intention to jump back over to the other faction in public/group chat. Because there's no restrictions to switching faction at a drop of a hat, this method of game play is becoming normalized.. Which in turn is ruining the ORVR experience for the playerbase as a whole.

It's also interesting to note that some people on the defending faction will literally go wait (I would say afk, but they are still at their computer) at the city entrance, completely unphased by the fact that the opposing faction is pushing towards their city, already organizing city groups before forts are even close to being taken.

Ads
Beara

Post#19 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 pm

I read some of the responses and I did take something away. I should thank the people who work on this game to make this possible. I don't think I did and that was my fault.

Thank you RoR team. You made a fun game that, whether it be in spite of or because of it's faults, I love to play. Thanks!
Beara; Annarexia; Bellemia; Beawaaghh; Nightengale
Araeb; Beamz; Blockityblock

I'll be a douche at some point, but I'll be right about it.

GamesBond
Former Staff

Post#20 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:47 am

Beara wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 pm I read some of the responses and I did take something away. I should thank the people who work on this game to make this possible. I don't think I did and that was my fault.

Thank you RoR team. You made a fun game that, whether it be in spite of or because of it's faults, I love to play. Thanks!
I can assure you that the team puts 110% in making Return of Reckoning better, whether they feel appreciated or not, but such comments are a direct morale boost for anyone on the team. There are people who worked on the project for 6 years now, that's more dedication than the original studio being Warhammer Online.