Recent Topics

Ads

Liniment of War Blood

Let's talk about... everything else
agemennon675

Re: Liniment of War Blood

Post#21 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:13 pm

Atropik wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:13 pm
agemennon675 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:09 pm Ok so please give me advice on which consumable to use on my chosen because potions dont stack with my auras, which potion or liniment should I use ?
For chosen there are many options, depending on you gear/spec/role, but id stay with "Boundless Sight".
Thank you very much, its indeed reasonable to use that one
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
meatcpu

Re: Liniment of War Blood

Post#22 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:05 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:42 pm
Atropik wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:40 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:35 pm The only reason it exists is because of a crafting bug that hasn't been fixed yet.
Ranged classes have wounds + range crit.
Mages have wounds + magic crit.
Why dont you let wounds + melee crit seed go?
Melee have more liniment options than ranged classes already.
This one confuses me. There are more stats that affect melee damage overall. Isn't it natural that there would be more ways to increase those relevant stats thru potions?

Crit is a particularly interesting stat as several procs are based on it. Also, it's widely thought that crit chance of 0% is a top stats priority. Both types of ranged have two options to arrive at higher crit, one defensive and one (doubly) offensive. There no melee lini that boosts an offensive stat and crit like there is for ranged classes. Regarding the defensive + crit options, some classes prefer wounds over toughness. So if this harder to craft potion is removed there is one (arguably lesser option) for melee classes.

I legit thought "This is a better lini so you need harder to find stuff to make it" was a design choice that rewarded players by fetching higher gold amounts for an intentionally rare item.

Melee linis with crit:
Savage Vigor
+60 Toughness
+5% Melee Crit Hit

War: Blood
+60 Wounds
+5% Melee Crit Hit

Ranged linis with Crit:
War: Fervor
+60 Wounds
+5% Ranged Crit Chance

The Eternal Hunt