Recent Topics

Ads

City Contribution

Let's talk about... everything else
Brickson

Re: City Contribution

Post#11 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:41 am

I'm only playing in pugs and I always get the feeling, that your chances for a bag are higher the less you died. Which would be another incentive for people to not participate in pug cities. Not sure if this is true though.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Ads
RuffRyder

Post#12 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:23 am

I agree on at least taking a look at the current contribution system.

While it has been stated shortly after City release that along with other factors like kills it also depends on how near or far you are from flags (?) and fighting hotspots, this leads to ofc tanks or MDPS having a better chance to contribute than other archetypes.

Although I gotta say in general my contribution bonus has been higher when fights were more even and not one-sided (I got no bags on two Altdorf instances this week when our enemies hardly had any kills) and it has been harder when playing on healer compared to RDPS.

On MDPS or tank I didn't do enough cities to tell the difference, yet.

PuG, 12-man or full warband didn't seem to make a difference for me.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Alfa1986

Post#13 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:21 am

when I play as a healer I almost always get bags, conclusion: play the healers))
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Sulorie

Post#14 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:30 am

Valarion wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:31 am While its random, contrib feels completely and utterly broken for healers.
In what sense? Too high or too low?
Dying is no option.

Nameless

Post#15 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:19 am

Well I speced dps for first time at rr81 and even with my low dps, bag contribution and renown are much higher now. Ofc for forts and cities I change gear and spec but for orvr as solo dps, even pitifull one is much better
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

nuadarstark

Post#16 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:20 am

As a healer, I do sometimes get kinda floored with how high I get on conti by just healing very well (the lord stage where I do barely any dmg and there is usually only one engagement before one side wins springs to mind). Thankfully I also am **** at rolls so I don't always take as many bags as the conti would suggest.

That said, what's bothering me a fair bit is seeing certain WPs padding their stats by spamming Sigmar's Grace nonstop inbetween action, that I find pretty absurd cause it catapults them really high on conti and secures them the champion spot, even if they're rather mediocre on their own.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

TiberiusD

Post#17 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:29 am

An official statement from the devs about how contribution actual works will be much appreciated.

spookyspook

Post#18 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:34 am

Ive done my fair share of cities (7p sov) and in my experience, its completely random.

Sometimes i get 3 good bags in the same city and sometimes im totally in the bottom of contribution on every stage.
Deadlymupp

Scummy

Ads
RuffRyder

Post#19 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:36 am

One info from April Patch Notes has been: "Contribution rating medals are now displayed on the loot roll (The contribution system is still not fixed, it will get reworked eventually)."

I don't know if there's an open Bugtracker on that matter, but a first statement whether it's working as intended or open for inspection would be appreciated.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

TiberiusD

Post#20 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:12 am

well... to be honest with you you can have +815 contribution and roll 1 or can have +50 and roll 1000.