Recent Topics

Ads

Ever been picked last on the playground?

Let's talk about... everything else
agemennon675

Re: Ever been picked last on the playground?

Post#21 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:13 pm

I know how you feel, made the mistake of picking a SW to play on this server
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
Stelios123

Post#22 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:18 pm

Esmeralda wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:53 am I really can't understand how would you roll both of the most useless Order classes and not know they are not wanted for this whole time. Meta will never take a 180 turn, you either pick kobs/SM/WP/RP/slayer/WL/BW or you learn to not care and be fine with playing non meta.
WH/WE were OK in cities but the dev team had to (((''FIX''))) one of their tactics, so now they are completely useless with no buff/rework in sight :D

Martok

Post#23 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:07 pm

warlover wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:55 amPlay the game because you love it and tell them to **** Off, i don't care what people think of me as a WE i know im better then 80% of them and much higher in rr then most of them but i play because i like it not for them

In context of Warhammer truer words were never spoke.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

RuffRyder

Post#24 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:45 pm

velenne wrote:Ever been picked last on the playground?
Following this logic my question would be: Would you do everything to be picked or just do your thing regardless?

Like stop playing a class you like, you invested time into, to reroll one in demand because the meta says so?

It comes down to the personal choice of what is more important for you as a player: Do you have more fun helping others with what they exspect from you (which would be perfectly fine in a highly group-based game with synergies and guild relationships) or does your fun come from a certain class mechanic, aesthetics or playstyle (which indeed can also be solo ganking or 1v1)?

I can only repeat what some people already stated: Play what is fun for you. It‘s a game in the end, and who would want to play on a playground where you don‘t have fun...
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

mytreds

Post#25 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:43 pm

Try playing engineer.

Cabum

Post#26 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:41 pm

You need to spend a just a bit of time to do some proper research which class’s are most used for competitive cities premades. Then chose a few that sounds or looks cool to you and try them out. Lvl them to 10-15 and pick what clicks with you. I find lvling in this game so fun, like no other mmo.

CountTalabecland

Post#27 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:54 pm

That’s rough buddy

Play Slayer or White Lion, can’t go wrong.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Cimba

Post#28 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:04 pm

RoR currently has a bit of a conceptual problem. For last couple of years balance was done under the premise that not every class needs to excel in each aspect of the game. For example WE and SW are doing every well in small scaler pvp.
But now you have the best gear locked behind large scale fights for which a lot of classes arent build. The devs are starting to adjust that... you can see ocassionally 12vs12 city instances. If that becomes an "official game mode" it will get a lot better for the WE/SW/WH etc.

Ads
Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#29 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:45 pm

Zymer wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:07 amBut now you look like a shirtless baby with a red Mohawk... so is it really an improvement? Lol ;)
I prefer the term ‘rattle baby’ myself. 🧐

I personally have no regrets about rerolling, though I’m lucky that KoO tends to be more about meshing personalities first. At the competitive level, you need to able to lose together with minimal drama.

But even if only casually, playing one toon of each archetype (tank, heal, mdps, rdps) gives you a well rounded insight into the game mechanics. The OP might see it as a wasted time sink, where it could also be a great learning opportunity.
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

drmordread
Suspended

Post#30 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:34 am

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:51 pm When range SH can be top DD in city siege, why you can't do the same?
SW used to be good back on live. So was the WH. But as this game progressed to t2 SW's were nerfed very badly, and always get nerfed even now. These last changes alone were damaging. Destro cries and SW gets nerfed.

SH on the other hand is still the same basic ranged class as back on live. Even got buffed with a viable Melee build, and it retained all of its ranged power. SW got a melee build, but to use it you gimp anything you can do on ranged. Then devs gimped ranged SW even more by moving ranged KD and making it now so you cant use it on the move.

They say they dont play favoritism, but obvious by what has happened to SW and WH that they do.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)