Recent Topics

Ads

Can we address the afk problem?

Let's talk about... everything else
storm

Re: Can we address the afk problem?

Post#11 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:58 pm

I do agree if you wipe a few times badly 1st stage , there is no point to feed the enemy. I am talking about those afk who never even try. Like the real afk people, not the ones who got smashed and wait for next stage.

Ads
Brickson

Post#12 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:03 pm

The gm will likely ask for screenshots/ videos as a proof. So don't forget to take some before you report someone.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

gurtuk
Former Staff

Post#13 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:47 pm

Yes provide screenshots or videos for proof. I try to personally investigate and crack down on any afking in city's but obviously I can't be everywhere at once. On a side note if you find anyone that's throwing FOR a city please personally contact me they will be dealt with, thanks.
gorbane - choppa

storm

Post#14 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:56 pm

Ok yea I did take screen shots of the chat where they say they afk, but don't care. That's pretty good proof.

baurogg
Suspended

Post#15 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:31 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:14 pm You can also join organized warbands and then such problem doesn't exist.
If you have the right class, then i agree. But there are like 10 wrong classes out there, if not more. They wont get an invite from an organized wb.

Aethilmar

Post#16 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:58 am

Omegus wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:09 am
catholicism198 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:03 pm So we should report PuGs now?
Because solo queueing is basically "throwing," or do groups with zero tanks and zero healers stand a chance against 12+ man groups on discord?

After two wipes in Stage 1, do you really think that the outcome will be any different for the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirtieth, fortieth, hundredth time?
Doesn't matter if you can't win. Use it as practice and most importantly: fight for bags. With all these 2 star cities you're missing out on 3 crests for losing, but potentially more by going afk and not trying to win bags (yes I know sometimes the afkers win, that's a problem with a semi random system).

I've been in coordinated wbs and pug wbs that got stomped and I still keep fighting because even though I can't change the instance score I can try and increase the number of royals I get out of it.

Also, giving up after 2 wipes on stage 1. Really? :lol:
I solo Q cities and I also tend to fight b/c otherwise it is boring, BUT that said:

1) Yes you can usually tell after the first wipe (let alone the second) if you have any chance to succeeding and the answer is usually no
2) There is nothing to actually fight for even if you can continue to motivate people to keep going because you can't actually stop the enemy if they can roll you over
3) Contribution and rewards are pretty random with some extra random thrown on top of it

City is basically as poorly constructed here as it was on live. I salute the devs for resurrecting anything from a dead game but the mode has almost all of the same problems as before (except the PVE instance shopping).

normanis

Post#17 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:18 am

prety much is said in upper threads.
1. pug face premade = what u can do is afk for 1 royal crest
2. all city siege is complitly stoopid maden
a. sit on midle wait for enemy take 2 bos - defend midle- no spliting forces to defend first 2 objects. also killing first 2 objects give 0 advantage to attack midle object. no spliting forces to try defend from the begin something = boredorm. go in afk 3-12 medals and all city siege.
3. lords have 0 abilities = pve with pvp element if u face enemy
4. stage 3 lords dont have abilities to somehow impact attackers = pve (after u beat 4 champs)
p.s its not even pve its just target dummy hiting .
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Alfa1986

Post#18 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:12 am

on live there were pve instances. on ror there are afk instances. the reasons for the occurrence of both are the same, only on live, if u got in an absolutely losing mirror, you could get out and try to go into another, here you are forced to sit on the respawn until all this is over for 30-40 minutes. that's all the difference, in other words pve instances on live = afk instances here.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
catholicism198

Post#19 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:14 am

Aethilmar wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:58 am
Omegus wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:09 am
catholicism198 wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:03 pm So we should report PuGs now?
Because solo queueing is basically "throwing," or do groups with zero tanks and zero healers stand a chance against 12+ man groups on discord?

After two wipes in Stage 1, do you really think that the outcome will be any different for the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, eleventh, twelfth, thirtieth, fortieth, hundredth time?
Doesn't matter if you can't win. Use it as practice and most importantly: fight for bags. With all these 2 star cities you're missing out on 3 crests for losing, but potentially more by going afk and not trying to win bags (yes I know sometimes the afkers win, that's a problem with a semi random system).

I've been in coordinated wbs and pug wbs that got stomped and I still keep fighting because even though I can't change the instance score I can try and increase the number of royals I get out of it.

Also, giving up after 2 wipes on stage 1. Really? :lol:
I solo Q cities and I also tend to fight b/c otherwise it is boring, BUT that said:

1) Yes you can usually tell after the first wipe (let alone the second) if you have any chance to succeeding and the answer is usually no
2) There is nothing to actually fight for even if you can continue to motivate people to keep going because you can't actually stop the enemy if they can roll you over
3) Contribution and rewards are pretty random with some extra random thrown on top of it

City is basically as poorly constructed here as it was on live. I salute the devs for resurrecting anything from a dead game but the mode has almost all of the same problems as before (except the PVE instance shopping).
Nath did a great job recreating it, but it being a bore is not all on him. Big brain time.
premades love avoiding other premades and pugs don’t stand a chance against premades.
It doesn’t help that a lot of us want to play what’s fun, which is far from meta, but cities aren’t about having fun.
So unless you play one of the few classes with city specs, you’re **** out of luck and will get branded a “thrower” or “afk-er.”

M0rw47h

Post#20 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:38 am

catholicism198 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:14 am
Nath did a great job recreating it, but it being a bore is not all on him. Big brain time.
premades love avoiding other premades and pugs don’t stand a chance against premades.
It doesn’t help that a lot of us want to play what’s fun, which is far from meta, but cities aren’t about having fun.
So unless you play one of the few classes with city specs, you’re **** out of luck and will get branded a “thrower” or “afk-er.”
It's not even that order guild premades try to dodge destro premades, but in reality Destro players have to que instanty or they may miss City Siege. Meanwhile on Order, often until last 5-10 minutes we're still looking for tanks and/or healers, often even taking "unwanted" Ironbreakers and Archmages, just so we can have 2/2/2 setup. You can easily see that in /5 on Order side there are often ~5 WB leaders looking for Knight/SM and/or RP/WP taking in the end "any" tank or healer.