Recent Topics

Ads

City Winner History?

Let's talk about... everything else
Duukar

Re: City Winner History?

Post#161 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:39 pm

ARE YOU KIDDING?

The solution I’m seeing recommended here is a large scale rerolling on the order side to “meta” classes. That is a huge burden to bear for Order players. Especially with limited time and precious time invested in useless junk classes that you guys claim are destroying the game. This is literally what I’m hearing from the devs and the senior player base.
Too many order players picked bad classes or the wrong class and it’s dramatically effecting outcomes.

I’ve personally rerolled my WH to a WL. My WH was full Vanq and Genesis and Subj. The WL is 26/28 now. What a huge waste of time.

devs please SERIOUSLY consider applying a substantial catch up mechanic for the meta order classes if you are recommending a large scale movement of order to the meta classes. In both Xp/Rp and gearing.

As it stands you are saying Orders city losses are a result of bad choice by Order players. Total disrespect towards the millions of hours played leveling and gearing characters that are ruining the game creating population imbalance and creating so much crying. Your words!

Sorry when I was a new player I picked the wrong class. My bad. Help us fix the problem!

Or just throw your hands up on the air while we suffer months and months of gear and RR imbalance because you say we made a mistake on a large scale.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#162 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Duukar wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:39 pm ARE YOU KIDDING?

The solution I’m seeing recommended here is a large scale rerolling on the order side to “meta” classes. That is a huge burden to bear for Order players. Especially with limited time and precious time invested in useless junk classes that you guys claim are destroying the game. This is literally what I’m hearing from the devs and the senior player base.
Too many order players picked bad classes or the wrong class and it’s dramatically effecting outcomes.

I’ve personally rerolled my WH to a WL. My WH was full Vanq and Genesis and Subj. The WL is 26/28 now. What a huge waste of time.

devs please SERIOUSLY consider applying a substantial catch up mechanic for the meta order classes if you are recommending a large scale movement of order to the meta classes. In both Xp/Rp and gearing.

As it stands you are saying Orders city losses are a result of bad choice by Order players. Total disrespect towards the millions of hours played leveling and gearing characters that are ruining the game creating population imbalance and creating so much crying. Your words!

Sorry when I was a new player I picked the wrong class. My bad. Help us fix the problem!

Or just throw your hands up on the air while we suffer months and months of gear and RR imbalance because you say we made a mistake on a large scale.
What months? Try harder, don't expect free stuff.

Duukar

Post#163 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:04 pm

M0rw47h wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:48 pm
Duukar wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:39 pm ARE YOU KIDDING?

What months? Try harder, don't expect free stuff.
You fell right into it man.

I’m a 40 year old airline pilot with a wife. Yes it took me quite a while to get my WH where she is. Is that hard to understand?

Now I have to listen to the devs and multi RR80s,like you, tell a large portion of the player base including myself that we made a big mistake trying to enjoy the game and that has now spun so seriously out of control that we have skewed City results this badly?

Please help me? Have I misinterpreted the jist of this thread?

Just FYI I’m in one of the good order guilds. Last 3 cities I was able to participate in I played my WH. We won all 3 instances even with me acting as an anchor.

Ever played a game and felt like a liability?

Ever play a game and be told you are part of the problem for why there is such a huge imbalance in the outcome?

Ever been forced to reroll after many many hours of your precious time invested?

I’m pissed and you just throw gas on the fire.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#164 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Duukar wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:04 pm

I’m a 40 year old airline pilot with a wife. Yes it took me quite a while to get my WH where she is. Is that hard to understand?

Now I have to listen to the devs and multi RR80s,like you, tell a large portion of the player base including myself that we made a big mistake trying to enjoy the game and that has now spun so seriously out of control that we have skewed City results this badly?

Just FYI I’m in one of the good order guilds. Last 3 cities I played my WH. We won all 3 even with me acting as an anchor.

Ever play a game and be told you are part of the problem for why there is such a huge imbalance in the outcome?

Ever been forced to reroll after many many hours of your precious time invested?

Congratulations on your airplane and permanent lady friend.

A large portion of the playerbase that hasn't been playing on the server for literal years don't have multiple classes geared and leveled because a large portion of them joined in the past 4 months due to some serendipitous YouTube exposure. You guys are indeed in the catchup position, and that's how MMO's work. Yes the veterans and staff are talking down to you a little bit, because none of us are particularly interested in giving away the content the game has to offer.

Gaming is indeed precious time, and we hope that you enjoy the majority of that in the grand scheme of things, even when they're challenging or difficult in the day to day, or battle to battle. Old school MMO's like WAR are not designed to be won, in particular with PvP games they often rely on excitement and challenge rather than "FUN". How you derive enjoyment from your free time would need to reflect the game we're developing, not the other way around. That's not to say that thoughtful feedback is entirely ignored, but some premises would simply change the dynamic of the game, and we're exceedingly unlikely to explore them.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#165 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:15 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:58 pm 2. The top guild leaders from multiple top order guilds (Montauge, LBL, TUP).
ROFL

Montague - xrealmers/sc crew, but I'll give it to you.

TUP - Played Order the first week City was out and has not been back since. Can we stop this charade finally?

LBL - You obviously didn't talk with Rolgrom, because he is not happy one bit.

I'll be generous. You managed to identify two top Order city guild out of three, and the one you did get has the opposite opinion to what you say. /golfclap
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x

M0rw47h

Post#166 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:29 pm

Duukar wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:04 pm I’m pissed and you just throw gas on the fire.
You're the only to blame for not looking for information when picking a class. Seriously, who could've thought WH isn't WB top pick?
And yes, I've rerolled to all meta classess e.g. Knight/Swordmaster/Worrier Priest/Runepriest/Bright Wizard to be able to have ANY possible spot in WB for guild, starting from other meta class, but on different realm.

Alfa1986

Post#167 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:40 pm

order is able to win in the city sieges and this can be seen in the statistics. problems appear when the population of NA is replaced by the population of EU. causes of this issue:
1. Destro has a larger population and popularity than order.
2. Destro has more hardcore guilds, which are also organized among themselves into an alliance.
3. The average order player is generally worse equipped than the average destro player.
4. The average order player is less skillful than the average destro player.
5.order has almost no pug guilds that would collect new players, the destruct has many such guilds.
6. order players are more closed for communication and are aimed at playing in small groups.
sum up, most likely the problem in imbalance is caused by the fact that Destro has too many hardcore EU guilds, which also communicate well with each other, while order is mostly scattered, less populated, less popular and has almost no strong large EU guilds capable of putting balanced warbands on city sieges throughout the day (especially not in primetime).
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

velenne

Post#168 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:42 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:58 pm
velenne wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:48 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:52 pm I actually think its pretty well balanced myself, but the idea that is heavily biased in destros favor is nothing more than a fever dream.
See the 2nd post of this thread.
Yea sorry I wasn't clear. Not that the win rate isn't biased (we all know that it is) but that "class balance" is biased.

Just to recap if we look at the people in this thread and their opinions:

These are the groups of people who view the "city win rate bias" as being an "organizational issue":

1. Most of Destro (obviously)
2. The top guild leaders from multiple top order guilds (Montauge, LBL, TUP).
3. The developers.

There are these groups of people who view the "city win rate bias" as being a "class balance issues":

1. The unorganized order who doesn't win cities.
I think that's an unfair mischaracterization. I'd put the onus of change at about 50/50% between the order players who manifestly have a hard time organizing themselves and the developers who have the ability to concede to the playerbase's desire to play certain classes over others. I mean, devs can try to keep shoehorning order into playing naked beard babies and cross-dressers by actively going out of their way to punish them for not doing so. That's a strategy too. I guess? Based on what I'm seeing here and what's been shared with me privately, it seems the developers feel it's 99.9% the players' fault and order just needs to fix its own problems. I think we all know the likelihood of that happening is precisely 0%. But I'll try, Lord knows, I'll try, to muster up the forces of Order into being more organized. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ads
Ramlaen

Post#169 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:54 pm

velenne wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:42 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:58 pm
velenne wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:48 pm

See the 2nd post of this thread.
Yea sorry I wasn't clear. Not that the win rate isn't biased (we all know that it is) but that "class balance" is biased.

Just to recap if we look at the people in this thread and their opinions:

These are the groups of people who view the "city win rate bias" as being an "organizational issue":

1. Most of Destro (obviously)
2. The top guild leaders from multiple top order guilds (Montauge, LBL, TUP).
3. The developers.

There are these groups of people who view the "city win rate bias" as being a "class balance issues":

1. The unorganized order who doesn't win cities.
I think that's an unfair mischaracterization. I'd put the onus of change at about 50/50% between the order players who manifestly have a hard time organizing themselves and the developers who have the ability to concede to the playerbase's desire to play certain classes over others. I mean, devs can try to keep shoehorning order into playing naked beard babies and cross-dressers by actively going out of their way to punish them for not doing so. That's a strategy too. I guess? Based on what I'm seeing here and what's been shared with me privately, it seems the developers feel it's 99.9% the players' fault and order just needs to fix its own problems. I think we all know the likelihood of that happening is precisely 0%. But I'll try, Lord knows, I'll try, to muster up the forces of Order into being more organized. I'll let you know how it goes.
The funny part is that if Order all rerolled to the small number of viable classes they would quickly be nerfed sending us right back into this situation.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Duukar

Post#170 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:56 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:14 pm
Duukar wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:04 pm

Just FYI I’m in one of the good order guilds. Last 3 cities I played my WH. We won all 3 even with me acting as an anchor.

Congratulations on your airplane and permanent lady friend.

A large portion of the playerbase that hasn't been playing on the server for literal years don't have multiple classes geared and leveled because a large portion of them joined in the past 4 months due to some serendipitous YouTube exposure. You guys are indeed in the catchup position, and that's how MMO's work. Yes the veterans and staff are talking down to you a little bit, because none of us are particularly interested in giving away the content the game has to offer.

Gaming is indeed precious time, and we hope that you enjoy the majority of that in the grand scheme of things, even when they're challenging or difficult in the day to day, or battle to battle. Old school MMO's like WAR are not designed to be won, in particular with PvP games they often rely on excitement and challenge rather than "FUN". How you derive enjoyment from your free time would need to reflect the game we're developing, not the other way around. That's not to say that thoughtful feedback is entirely ignored, but some premises would simply change the dynamic of the game, and we're exceedingly unlikely to explore them.
I’m a veteran of PvP MMOs like DAoC. I know how to invest time wisely to get top tier gear and then PvP my balls off. I’m usually in top tier guilds and experience lots of winning. I’m addicted to the underdog hence I’m stuck on Order(I have a 40/50 BO in a top alliance). I played Albion mainly in DAoC. Glutton for punishment.

In all my 20 years of serious online gaming I’ve not seen such an imbalanced outcome.

I’ve never seen the devs and veteran players turn on newer players and casuals so fiercely. You NEED targets to kill don’t you?

I just read 17 pages that all say one thing. Most of Order has rolled the wrong class due to stupidity or vanity. Please correct me if I’m wrong here. I’m struggling with this....

Ok so how do we fix this? I love WAR and I want to keep playing. You are telling all of us we need to reroll to six specific classes that a lot of players don’t want to play on Order. For sure it’s true, but this problem won’t fix itself.

I propose double XP and renown for Order Tanks, Runepriests, Warrior Priests, Slayers and WLs for two weeks. As part of that additional renown bonuses for damage mitigated by guard. Gotta incentivize guarding apparently.

Your turn.

PS thanks for taking time to address my issues. If I’m saying it guaranteed there are 100s of other thinking it.