empmoz

Re: why do so many play shaman?

Post#21 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:33 pm

If I could play an orc shaman, I would

Ads
StrongUn

Post#22 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:27 pm I play it for the /special.That enuff is a reason to play one.Plus its fun for solo roamin in the lakes as dps using meatshields as cannon fodder and pew pewin from distance.
So true
:lol:
empmoz wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:33 pm If I could play an orc shaman, I would
me too hahaha

Zxul

Post#23 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:48 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:32 pm
Zxul wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:58 am Destro has 2 ranged solo friendly classes- shaman and magus. Out of those, magus has a mechanic which is much harder to manage (pets), and doesn't gets spots in endgame wbs.

Here is your answer.
Shaman barely get 1 spot in endgame wb if you go for proper composition but ye magus/engie pet mechanic being **** is a big problem
As a healer, shaman will still get spot in city 2/2/2 wb, even if its not full meta wb. Unlike magus, which is going to solo quote.

Also, the real reason to play shaman- Gork Says Stop. Best morale ingame lol.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

baurogg
Suspended

Post#24 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:34 pm

IIRC Greenskins once where planned as faction on their own, as third faction like in DAOC. Thats why Greenskin classes have a little extra. Ok, maybe not SH.

Which faction as part of Destruction instead of Greenskins? I think it was Ogres.

CountTalabecland

Post#25 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:37 pm

speed boost
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Kobra
Suspended

Post#26 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:24 pm

Noslock wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:32 pm Shaman barely get 1 spot in endgame wb if you go for proper composition but ye magus/engie pet mechanic being **** is a big problem
Say what? We had a city last night with 5 Shamans. I was RDPS champion on mine. We slaughtered them.

A shaman with FoDG and the cooldown remover in group will easily outheal anyone. Period. Not even close. As long as he uses main assist, pounds FoDG (without CD), and throws an odd GA out into the mix if the CD removal trigger isn't up. This takes still, it's not easy, but you can pull off heal champ if you know how to do it.

In Warbands, you want shams for insta-rezes and morale pumps. Shaman Double Pump morale should not be neglected but most warbands don't consider it, the good ones do, and win more.

Gork Sez Stop tossed on one of the classes that just can't stay still can do many many thousands of damage piled on fast and stress enemy healers. When a heavily guarded slayer has Gork on him - won't stop moving (and they never do), he's going down, especially with the crit morale stack on GZS.

Shamans are a blast, and probably one of the best designed classes in RoR. On live they were fine, but RoR folks have done a great job with them!

Noslock

Post#27 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:17 pm

Kobra wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:24 pm
Noslock wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:32 pm Shaman barely get 1 spot in endgame wb if you go for proper composition but ye magus/engie pet mechanic being **** is a big problem
Say what? We had a city last night with 5 Shamans. I was RDPS champion on mine. We slaughtered them.

A shaman with FoDG and the cooldown remover in group will easily outheal anyone. Period. Not even close. As long as he uses main assist, pounds FoDG (without CD), and throws an odd GA out into the mix if the CD removal trigger isn't up. This takes still, it's not easy, but you can pull off heal champ if you know how to do it.

In Warbands, you want shams for insta-rezes and morale pumps. Shaman Double Pump morale should not be neglected but most warbands don't consider it, the good ones do, and win more.

Gork Sez Stop tossed on one of the classes that just can't stay still can do many many thousands of damage piled on fast and stress enemy healers. When a heavily guarded slayer has Gork on him - won't stop moving (and they never do), he's going down, especially with the crit morale stack on GZS.

Shamans are a blast, and probably one of the best designed classes in RoR. On live they were fine, but RoR folks have done a great job with them!
vs pugs? Sure.Go vs anything organized properly and ur 5 shaman will be cannon fodder.Zealot and doks is what u need mostly for city/rvr and yes i play a shaman too just to get my dps gear from city.

friendlinzh

Post#28 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:35 am

Shamans deal good damage, have good CC and can heal themselves

Ads