Recent Topics

Ads

let's just remember how it was intended.

Let's talk about... everything else
Alfa1986

Re: let's just remember how it was intended.

Post#21 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:49 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:14 pm
sogeou wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:05 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:21 am Make Ranked Scens count for Victory Points and I'm on board.
Oh, we still trying to make ranked SC's a thing? You could put full sov as rewards for the end of the season of ranked and 80% of the people would not do it. Most are not interested in it. Hell most people I know log when city happens and come back once it is done.

I know you are just having fun.
I was serious though.

Alternatively, make all R40+ scenarios use the ranked metrics. Having a special no-objective scenario for kills only clearly wasn't popular enough to survive, even during the relatively high population. No sense letting the implemented metrics go to waste right?

from the very beginning it was clear that creating individual content (with its own awards and ranked) that is clearly interesting for much less than half of the server's population is doomed to failure. but if it will be the system of developing scenario as a genre, why not?
now there is an additional incentive to play scs - weekly rewards. so if you extend the idea of ​​ranked scenarios to all scs as indicator of success, it's interesting. just how do you connect today's zone lock system and scenarios? it will need to rework the entire zone blocking system and implement the system of the victory points again.)
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
normanis

Post#22 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:17 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:43 am
maxtrooper wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:30 pm Lots of old AoR videos on that guy's channel wow
Yep. it was nice to rewatch the old trailer videos. I was especially amused by the moment where Shadow Warior, as if reluctantly wins and kills Marauder)
https://youtu.be/trwYIoDTL9s
dalen wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:18 pm NPC bots replacing missing players in scenarios. Nice plans that never saw the day of light.

And:
"Scenarios is the most fun RvR that Warhammer Online has to offer. Because of this they count more towards victory points than any other form of RvR." <- not just a minigame :)
Omegus wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:04 am Yes the classic system where people would do naked scenarios to throw points to get fort defs.
:D

yeah, a really strange decision that has ever been done in this game). perhaps if the scenarios had only 5-10% influence, then the system would work in a completely different way).
that aldorf city siege npc vulture lord realy was scary vs what we see today in city siege, target hiting mobs.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Alfa1986

Post#23 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:33 pm

normanis wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:17 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:43 am
maxtrooper wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:30 pm Lots of old AoR videos on that guy's channel wow
Yep. it was nice to rewatch the old trailer videos. I was especially amused by the moment where Shadow Warior, as if reluctantly wins and kills Marauder)
https://youtu.be/trwYIoDTL9s
dalen wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:18 pm NPC bots replacing missing players in scenarios. Nice plans that never saw the day of light.

And:
"Scenarios is the most fun RvR that Warhammer Online has to offer. Because of this they count more towards victory points than any other form of RvR." <- not just a minigame :)
Omegus wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:04 am Yes the classic system where people would do naked scenarios to throw points to get fort defs.
:D

yeah, a really strange decision that has ever been done in this game). perhaps if the scenarios had only 5-10% influence, then the system would work in a completely different way).
that aldorf city siege npc vulture lord realy was scary vs what we see today in city siege, target hiting mobs.
do you mean catapults?
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Sulorie

Post#24 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:24 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:14 pm
sogeou wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:05 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:21 am Make Ranked Scens count for Victory Points and I'm on board.
Oh, we still trying to make ranked SC's a thing? You could put full sov as rewards for the end of the season of ranked and 80% of the people would not do it. Most are not interested in it. Hell most people I know log when city happens and come back once it is done.

I know you are just having fun.
I was serious though.

Alternatively, make all R40+ scenarios use the ranked metrics. Having a special no-objective scenario for kills only clearly wasn't popular enough to survive, even during the relatively high population. No sense letting the implemented metrics go to waste right?
If you extent MMR on "normal" sc, if I understand you right here, then some ppl will get even fewer sc pops.
The whole ranked thing failed at the moment enough ppl were in queue and still no pops happened, because some where too high or too low. It would have worked better, if the MMR gains/loss would be based on MMR differences of participating players and MMR alone would be no lockout argument for players of higher or lower MMR.
Furthermore the matchmaker shouldn't randomly pick the best fitting players each time a sc pops but those who waited the longest time in queue with fixed queue order.
Dying is no option.

Pesteavino

Post#25 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:48 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:00 am
Pesteavino wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:10 am Yes, BW was intended to be a glass cannon, but now devs nerfed it to 25% CRIT, a class based no doing crits to do damage, they changes everything from original game and no you Can't compare with original game
Don't spread nonsense about nerfed crit rates. They still run 35% via mechanic.

Cap Is on 25% even if you get full combustión, justo try it Yourself

Sulorie

Post#26 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:54 pm

Pesteavino wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:48 pm
Pesteavino wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:10 am Yes, BW was intended to be a glass cannon, but now devs nerfed it to 25% CRIT, a class based no doing crits to do damage, they changes everything from original game and no you Can't compare with original game

I did before responding, don't assume I make random posts.

Check your gear, and renown spec, it probably gives you 25% crit chance. The crit gain by mechanic isn't shown on stats window. Type .getstats to see the critrate bonus of 35% in addition to your magic crit rate of your gear and renown spec.
Dying is no option.

catholicism198

Post#27 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:18 pm

Pve has always been garbage in war, even more so in ror.

Zxul

Post#28 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:36 am

Pesteavino wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:48 pm

From just now on my lvl 7 sorc, with a full DM:

"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Darks63

Post#29 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:50 am

Maybe he meant the crit damage. i think before 1.33 or so bw/sorc crit damage was 350% at full power but it was reduced to 250% due to trying to nerf bombing.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

Sulorie

Post#30 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:12 am

Darks63 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:50 am Maybe he meant the crit damage. i think before 1.33 or so bw/sorc crit damage was 350% at full power but it was reduced to 250% due to trying to nerf bombing.
Even in an rather old article about sorcs and their class mechanic the values at 100DM are 35% crit, 100% critdmg and 35% backlash chance.
https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wik ... i:Sorcerer

So no, I highly doubt anything got changed or nerfed on their mechanic.
In any cases, they work fine dmg-wise for long time and nobody had trouble killing stuff unless the enemy counters you.
Dying is no option.