Recent Topics

Ads

WE - Elixir of Shadows Skill Suggestion

Let's talk about... everything else
KissShot

WE - Elixir of Shadows Skill Suggestion

Post#1 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:13 pm

While in Shadow Prowler (stealth), both Fleet Footed and Feinted Positioning can be used without breaking stealth. This is good.

However, while having the stealth AND speed buff provided by Elixir of Shadows ( 2 seconds/7 seconds), if either Fleet Footed or Feinted Positioning is used, it will break the buff given by Elixir of Shadows.

I was tempted to submit this as a bug via the Bug Tracker because I can't think of a reason this was intended (neither of those skills should break stealth or movement speed buffs). But, perhaps one of the GMs here can talk us through it.

Summary: using Fleet Footed and/or Feinted Positioning should not break the buffs given by Elixir of Shadows.

Ads
losvtranse

Re: WE - Elixir of Shadows Skill Suggestion

Post#2 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:33 am

Just want to add that changing kisses also breaks the buff. Not sure if it should, even if it makes little sense, i could imagine some situation where it will save you a gcd of incoming damage in 1v1 situation, but that is pretty weird ground for that.

desizt

Post#3 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:29 am

You do realize that Elixir of Shadows gives you 2 sec stealth and the remaining 5 sec is JUST a speed buff - so why should it work AS stealth? Makes 0 sense. Just pop your cooldowns before using elixir.

tl;dr your comparison makes no sense
Nonoffensive - WE
Faceburn - BW
+ tons of misc alts

~ First rr100 WE on live.
~ First WE with 1+ million RvR kills on live.

Download RoR Client directly via Google Drive(updated 04 Oct 2020)

shebali

Post#4 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:54 am

KissShot wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:13 pm While in Shadow Prowler (stealth), both Fleet Footed and Feinted Positioning can be used without breaking stealth. This is good.

However, while having the stealth AND speed buff provided by Elixir of Shadows ( 2 seconds/7 seconds), if either Fleet Footed or Feinted Positioning is used, it will break the buff given by Elixir of Shadows.

I was tempted to submit this as a bug via the Bug Tracker because I can't think of a reason this was intended (neither of those skills should break stealth or movement speed buffs). But, perhaps one of the GMs here can talk us through it.

Summary: using Fleet Footed and/or Feinted Positioning should not break the buffs given by Elixir of Shadows.
It works that way with all classes and most speed buffs. If you use any action item the buff for speed is removed. SH pounce, the speed buff is removed once an action has been used.

KissShot

Post#5 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:02 am

shebali wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:54 am
KissShot wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:13 pm While in Shadow Prowler (stealth), both Fleet Footed and Feinted Positioning can be used without breaking stealth. This is good.

It works that way with all classes and most speed buffs. If you use any action item the buff for speed is removed. SH pounce, the speed buff is removed once an action has been used.
Good to know it applies to speed related buffs on other classes too. I don't think the 2 second stealth should be broken unless that is also consistent with other classes too - not sure what would be comparable in this case.