Recent Topics

Ads

I'm trying to genuinely understand.

Let's talk about... everything else
Trickshaw

Re: I'm trying to genuinely understand.

Post#11 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:26 am

kirraha wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:36 am
Trickshaw wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:27 pm Repeatedly over the last few nights I've seen Order completely slaughter in SC's and I don't rightly understand why.

I mean, I should rephrase that, I understand why: group composition. What I don't understand is *how* it keeps happening. These are the two circumstances I continuously encounter:

1.) The match starts with a population imbalance 6v4 (Order's Favor), 8v6 (Order's Favor), 8v12 (Order's Favor).
2.) Class imbalance, 4 Healers v 2 healers (Order's Favor), 3 Healers v 0 Healers (Order's Favor).

I literally just finished two back to back Mourkain SCs where A.) I was the only healer for Destro, B.) Order started and finished the SC with a population imbalance (12v10) *AND* they had 5 (F-I-V-E) healers. I don't understand how the system allows these matches to take place. Is this a criticism? Yes, of course. But I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm simply trying to understand.

I've leveled almost entirely through SCs and this is *not* an uncommon theme for destro in SCs. It's an extremely disheartening and commonplace situation to find one's self in and I'm just trying to understand.
Destro has healers in SCS, issue is lots wanna play dps "dps" and that make them do **** damage and nonexisting healing.

I see same issue on order side too. Ppl have theur own ideas and **** their team over.

Its of allowed to be a shitty dps healer but it will keep you loosing and making ppl not like you.
So here's my experience on that, I'm assuming you're talking about Shaman or are at least the most common offenders you're encountering. I've done a lot of scenarios, like... alot... and I've encountered exactly one (1) DPS zealot. I've seen quite a few DoK DPS but I gotta say, they hit like a truck so I don't see a problem with that. Anyway, back to your point:

I think the root cause of why there are so many DPS oriented shamans (myself included albeit I play Path of da Green) is because they are highly incentivized to be DPS by gearing rewards from emblems. Every... single... set... (from Recruit to Conqueror) is a DPS set for shaman. The only way for shaman to get healing sets is to get medallions from RvR. Whereas Zealots have nothing but healing sets. So, when you have players (like myself and I would wager I'm not alone out there) that spend most (if not all) of their time in SCs then naturally the sets are going to dictate how they spec (because why wouldn't it).

So think about that before you (royal "you" not necessarily YOU) bash a leveling Shaman in SCs. They're literally pigeonholed into playing offensively.

Ads
Trickshaw

Post#12 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:30 am

anarchypark wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:25 pm @OP
That's exactly my experience on order side.
see the pattern? solo queue.

it would be good if system makes 2-2-2 from solo pool.
but are you sure you'll be in 2-2-2 or to be in leftovers.
so it's random again.

get a grp and avoid random.
In an effort to be objective, because I realized the tone that my OP set, I actually rolled up a WP to test the SC waters and see if the same could be said from the other side of the fence.

So, right out the gate, level 1 I started doing SCs. Currently level 7 (I think) and I'll keep playing him until I either get bored, get good or reach level 40.

Then I'll be able to legitimately say, "I've seen both sides of the fence."

kirraha

Post#13 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:54 am

Trickshaw wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:26 am
kirraha wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:36 am
Trickshaw wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:27 pm Repeatedly over the last few nights I've seen Order completely slaughter in SC's and I don't rightly understand why.

I mean, I should rephrase that, I understand why: group composition. What I don't understand is *how* it keeps happening. These are the two circumstances I continuously encounter:

1.) The match starts with a population imbalance 6v4 (Order's Favor), 8v6 (Order's Favor), 8v12 (Order's Favor).
2.) Class imbalance, 4 Healers v 2 healers (Order's Favor), 3 Healers v 0 Healers (Order's Favor).

I literally just finished two back to back Mourkain SCs where A.) I was the only healer for Destro, B.) Order started and finished the SC with a population imbalance (12v10) *AND* they had 5 (F-I-V-E) healers. I don't understand how the system allows these matches to take place. Is this a criticism? Yes, of course. But I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm simply trying to understand.

I've leveled almost entirely through SCs and this is *not* an uncommon theme for destro in SCs. It's an extremely disheartening and commonplace situation to find one's self in and I'm just trying to understand.
Destro has healers in SCS, issue is lots wanna play dps "dps" and that make them do **** damage and nonexisting healing.

I see same issue on order side too. Ppl have theur own ideas and **** their team over.

Its of allowed to be a shitty dps healer but it will keep you loosing and making ppl not like you.
So here's my experience on that, I'm assuming you're talking about Shaman or are at least the most common offenders you're encountering. I've done a lot of scenarios, like... alot... and I've encountered exactly one (1) DPS zealot. I've seen quite a few DoK DPS but I gotta say, they hit like a truck so I don't see a problem with that. Anyway, back to your point:

I think the root cause of why there are so many DPS oriented shamans (myself included albeit I play Path of da Green) is because they are highly incentivized to be DPS by gearing rewards from emblems. Every... single... set... (from Recruit to Conqueror) is a DPS set for shaman. The only way for shaman to get healing sets is to get medallions from RvR. Whereas Zealots have nothing but healing sets. So, when you have players (like myself and I would wager I'm not alone out there) that spend most (if not all) of their time in SCs then naturally the sets are going to dictate how they spec (because why wouldn't it).

So think about that before you (royal "you" not necessarily YOU) bash a leveling Shaman in SCs. They're literally pigeonholed into playing offensively.
You can get rvr gear that is ok within a week in the lake. It is simply easy to farm it as much as running scenarios.

Takes 1w for me to get full conq (Without a grp) which is totally ok for shaman in maybe 2-4w I have full vanq depends on my work schedule. The gear drops in bags too you know. Just keep working the zones.

Then there is Pve where I think some gear is good for real healer players. I dont main healer but yet still I have full vanq on all my destro healers and wp. I see no issue to get good healinggear.

But I dont mean to force ppl to play healers though I clearly dont understand why ppl wanna play a class that do trash damage (there is good dps heaks but they are about 1% of the dps healer population.

Dps dok can good dmg aswell but they still dont suport team with healing in the amount as a healdok whick makes sense imo. I try guard good dps doks since its usually a good trade. But I wont bother protect players who cant play their class, life is cruel I know.

What I mean with my input is I cant do my job as a dps or tank if I am dead and my healer wanna play dps and finish every scenario with bad numbers on both dps and heal.

It is every players choice so dont come play the victim when you choose to play the game the worse way.

Trickshaw

Post#14 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:27 am

You had me...
kirraha wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:54 am You can get...
and then...
kirraha wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:54 amIt is every players choice so dont come play the victim when you choose to play the game the worse way.
...you completely lost me.

Some people are physically incapable of being decent human beings.

kirraha

Post#15 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:51 pm

Trickshaw wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:27 am You had me...
kirraha wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:54 am You can get...
and then...
kirraha wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:54 amIt is every players choice so dont come play the victim when you choose to play the game the worse way.
...you completely lost me.

Some people are physically incapable of being decent human beings.
Hahahaha I love that last sentence! :D Welcome!