Let's talk about... everything else
Akalukz

Re: RoR Power gap

Post#41 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:24 pm

Valarion wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:08 pm
Spoiler:
saupreusse wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:25 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:42 am

Watch them play and you see why they lose.
We lost 100% of our games against sov ppl while we were in conq gear. At least i canr remember ever winning one. Now that we have vanq and above we often beat even good premades with ppl in sov. Gear isnt everything, but against high gear players you wont stand a chance if you are running around in conq.
Skill becomes pretty much negligible when you only deal 50% of the dmg the higher geared party will drop on you.

Is the gear discrepancy between Conq and Sov really 50% though?

I realize you are making a wider, general point, but the gear has been normalized now to the point were lower tier mixed sets are outperforming full endgame Sov sets. There isnt a huge gear disparity anymore and its certainly not 50%.

The devs have done an admirable job of ensuring that gear isnt getting too out of control like it did on live. Perhaps more importantly, they have allowed new paths for lower tier players to quickly access higher level gear (subjugator, etc).
For example, much to the annoyance of us sc players, the best endgame weapon is now available to anyone willing to farm 60 invader and midrange RR. Thats very accessible to players if you ask me.
Not the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I believe you must have the Invader ToK unlock before you can use the weapons.... so 250+ invaders.
-= Agony =-

Ads
raistomen

Post#42 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:19 pm

Duukar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:43 am Successful games like GW2 implement an even playing field for scenario based PvP.

This would be my preference and the skill really would be >> gear.

You people come in here and pretend like 6 man comprised of conq wouldn’t have any issues with a 6 man of sov regardless of skill level are lying and it’s obvious and it stinks. Min maxed sov will rofl stomp a conq geared player like it’s a joke. Times that advantage by 6 and now you are really showing the truth.

Not everyone has been here for 3 or 4 years and has maxed out all their toons. Keep guarding your precious advantage but don’t try to come in here and lie about what’s really going on.
why arnt you playing gw2 then , go play that

i took my licks, now its time to dish them out

saupreusse
Developer

Post#43 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:43 am

Valarion wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:08 pm
saupreusse wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:25 am
Sulorie wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:42 am

Watch them play and you see why they lose.
We lost 100% of our games against sov ppl while we were in conq gear. At least i canr remember ever winning one. Now that we have vanq and above we often beat even good premades with ppl in sov. Gear isnt everything, but against high gear players you wont stand a chance if you are running around in conq.
Skill becomes pretty much negligible when you only deal 50% of the dmg the higher geared party will drop on you.

Is the gear discrepancy between Conq and Sov really 50% though?

I realize you are making a wider, general point, but the gear has been normalized now to the point were lower tier mixed sets are outperforming full endgame Sov sets. There isnt a huge gear disparity anymore and its certainly not 50%.

The devs have done an admirable job of ensuring that gear isnt getting too out of control like it did on live. Perhaps more importantly, they have allowed new paths for lower tier players to quickly access higher level gear (subjugator, etc). For example, much to the annoyance of us sc players, the best endgame weapon is now available to anyone willing to farm 60 invader and midrange RR. Thats very accessible to players if you ask me.
I exaggerated to make a point.