Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Power gap

Let's talk about... everything else
Nameless

Re: RoR Power gap

Post#21 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:22 am

Imo gear gap is mainly armor increase that u got from better sets. Which on some carriers is huge esp considering how much melee centric is most of the content. Other stats increases are there but are not so big deal.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Foltestik

Post#22 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:32 am

conq gear is crap now
but vanq is enought to play with
more important in war is to have good party not to have best gear

btw there are many players with full sov, that cant play his char and are absolutly trash

Gurf

Post#23 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:10 am

What classes does it really make a difference with?

I know for Slayer/Choppa Invader is good for set bonus. Not that Invader gear is that easy to get but easier than Sov. Ruin set is very good for WP and DOK due to fury/essence regen, also good for BW/Sorc due to damage bonus.

On my RP Vanq is pretty decent for the set bonuses of extra AP so assume its the same for Zealot

In larger numbers ie in City I think Sov makes a bigger difference

Kaelang

Post#24 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:10 am

The concern over the gear power creep / gap is warranted - but it's staple in any MMORPG. Players who play the game longer, play more of the content and are rewarded for doing so, need the additional creep in power for that MMO dopamine hit. It's psychology and game design.

That being said, it's something the team are trying to limit, and if / when additional sets come to the server, they'll be reviewed beforehand and likely edited to ensure the gap doesn't get close to the ridiculous levels of live.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Duukar

Post#25 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:51 pm

@sulorie

I’m going to be blunt here so try not to get your feelings hurt.

You are either ignorant or outright lying for some other agenda.

I don’t think 100 str is changing the game.

100 str and 10-13%crit and 1200 hps plus capped FS on top of cap crit plus additional armour and the BIG kicker the higher AA dmg and burst from higher dmg weapons is a HUGE difference in terms of dps, survivability and effect.

You so dramatically understate things it makes you look really bad and it seems as if you are trying to paint us all as alarmists. Speaking of alarms aren’t you offending 100s of players who wake up in the middle of the night for city to get the armour you think is no big deal? What a bunch of dummies right?

On another note I said the gear gap is fine. I get it. I’m just not interested in having people try to trick me or lie to me to maintain some illusion that they win due to skill and not time spent on task Ora combination of both. Like seriously get over yourself.

Finally I’m a very lucky player. I have great team mates who help me and carry me if I need it. None of them have illusions about how much better life is once you are geared.

Some steps need to be made to make the crazy grind to blood lord more understandable. I been here 5 months and I haven’t gotten a single toon through any of that content. I MAY have a tank I can consider bringing in there now. I don’t know.

In summary stop lying. You know gear makes a huge difference.

MMOs do not need gear advantage is SC style pvp. ORvR it works but in SCs come on.

Likeaboss

Post#26 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:32 pm

Duukar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:51 pm

You are either ignorant or outright lying for some other agenda...

...I’m just not interested in having people try to trick me or lie to me to maintain some illusion that they win due to skill and not time spent on task Ora combination of both. Like seriously get over yourself.

In summary stop lying....

I don't know if you can read my statement through the veil of your tears, but not everyone who disagrees with you is lying
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#27 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:33 pm

Good ol' rule 1.1

Have some respect for each other. Or else.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Duukar

Post#28 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:59 pm

Likeaboss wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:32 pm
Duukar wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:51 pm

You are either ignorant or outright lying for some other agenda...

...I’m just not interested in having people try to trick me or lie to me to maintain some illusion that they win due to skill and not time spent on task Ora combination of both. Like seriously get over yourself.

In summary stop lying....

I don't know if you can read my statement through the veil of your tears, but not everyone who disagrees with you is lying
OK DUDE the difference between RR55 with Conq and RR 80 with min maxed sov/ BL is 100 str...............

Please pass me some of what you are smoking.

I already said I’m fine with it. Please stop trying to minimize the advantage gear and RR gives. It’s embarrassing.

Ads
sogeou

Post#29 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:07 pm

Kaelang wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:10 am The concern over the gear power creep / gap is warranted - but it's staple in any MMORPG. Players who play the game longer, play more of the content and are rewarded for doing so, need the additional creep in power for that MMO dopamine hit. It's psychology and game design.

That being said, it's something the team are trying to limit, and if / when additional sets come to the server, they'll be reviewed beforehand and likely edited to ensure the gap doesn't get close to the ridiculous levels of live.
Can we get some real soft cap on armor type? Light armor targets should never have 3900 armor, medium armor targets should never have 5000 armor. We need hard caps to keep these classes in check. Light armor should have a soft cap of 1800 and hard cap at like 2500 to prevent people from stacking.

Also feel resist should be different for each armor type as well, mythic was super lazy with this balance. Tanks weakness is casters so tanks should keep the 40% softcap while casters should be able to get 60% softcap of resist.

Foofmonger

Post#30 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:20 pm

There are power gaps in this game with gear, but it's not an end of the world situation.

Generally speaking at rank 40, you have roughly "4 tiers" of gearing.

1. Fresh 40 - does not have conq yet.
2. Semi-New 40 - Doesn't have vanq/invader yet.
3. Dedicated 40 - Has vanq/invader.
4. BIS - Has Sov/Warlord.

Obviously there's a lot of nuance here with PVE gear and SC sets and such, but that's a general "item level" guideline.

Basically, how it works is that you will struggle with anyone who is more than 1 tier above you. A fresh 40 will have a very hard time against somone in vanq gear. A guy in conqueror is gonna have a very hard time against someone in Sov, etc...

That being said, getting your Vanquisher sets (or equivalent) isn't very hard, and doesn't require "different" content types, such as Forts and/or Cities. This is generally the gear level you want to be shooting for to be "competitive" with people in BIS gear. You won't be as strong, but you won't just get rolled over either.

Then, of course there is always player skill. There are plenty of people in good gear who can be outplayed by people with lower gear. If you meet BIS geared/very skilled players, then you will have a very rough time if you don't at least have vanq/invader.