What wrong with ranked scenarios ?

Let's talk about... everything else
Alsayr

What wrong with ranked scenarios ?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:24 am

What is wrong with ranked scenarios ? People writing on forum about scenarios and his balance and ... not play most balanced ranked scs. Its realy hard to know where is reason clue ?
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Ads
Grimfang
Suspended

Re: What wrong with ranked scenarios ?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:42 am

Longer queue times for pretty crap gear for those with the gear to do them. Unless some bis items are added then it will never be played.

Alsayr

Post#3 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:01 am

Grimfang wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:42 am Longer queue times for pretty crap gear for those with the gear to do them. Unless some bis items are added then it will never be played.
Fortunately You no need gear progression from sc gear. So maybe endgame scenarios gear can fix it ?
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

agemennon675

Post#4 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:11 am

I personally have alot of toons at 40 and I would love to play ranked on all of them even if ranked had no rewards tied to it, I love competetive modes in any game, but I never qued for ranked in ror simply because my most geared toon is at vanq, I simply dont want to play at a disadvantage because gear
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:18 pm

Grimfang wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:42 am Longer queue times for pretty crap gear for those with the gear to do them. Unless some bis items are added then it will never be played.
If BiS items are added as rewards for ranked sc´s everyone will start to GRIND them and will turn into not competititve sc (like the normal ones with a more strict matchmaking) => then the "competitive comunity" will start again to complain about the blablabla...and we will back to start point.

Grock

Post#6 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:45 pm

emiliorv wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:18 pm
If BiS items are added as rewards for ranked sc´s everyone will start to GRIND them and will turn into not competititve sc (like the normal ones with a more strict matchmaking) => then the "competitive comunity" will start again to complain about the blablabla...and we will back to start point.
People who play better will float to the top anyway. If someone is "stuck in elohell" after a hundred matches thats on them. And yes of course there will be dozens of complaints about "stuck in low rank because of teammates" but thats natural, just get some popcorn and enjoy the salt :)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Grock

Post#7 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:47 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:11 am I personally have alot of toons at 40 and I would love to play ranked on all of them even if ranked had no rewards tied to it, I love competetive modes in any game, but I never qued for ranked in ror simply because my most geared toon is at vanq, I simply dont want to play at a disadvantage because gear
Gear disparity is major issue IMO.
It sucks to be matched with undergeared characters, it sucks to be destroyed by better geare players, its boring to win due to gear advantage instead of skill...

Would be cool if some form of "bolster" or other way of equalizing stats was implemented within Ranked SCs, not sure if the team can pull it off though.

Grock

Post#8 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:53 pm

Grimfang wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:42 amUnless some bis items are added then it will never be played.
Adding unqiue gear rewards to scenarios has always been a bad idea IMO

It forces people into participating in something they might not be interested about and that creates terrible experience for everyone ('member that guy that said he's gonna just throw his way into full set?)

It would've been much better if Ranked SCs were just an alternative path to obtaining top level gear. At this point i believe it should be City gear token, there's just no other way around it.

Ads
blechkautz

Post#9 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Or maybe change it, so if you have the ToK unlock for ranked gear, you can wear Sov/warlord like you had Invader ToK unlock? Give people an alternative way to reach the endgame gear.

Vandoles

Post#10 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Meh I'm not that familiar with ranked scenarios, but it seems it fits with the general line of development here, where the "core" is what its balanced and intended fully for. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these scenarios are made for who of the hardcore players is the best? With a gear thing and everything. Which is badly wrong from a design standpoint, as in most multiplayer games matchmaking is to place lower skill/casual players against each other. Allowing for good competitive play. I mean most modern competitive games have problems with smurfs, not with terrible players getting pushed up. Once you place the lower skilled and casual players in the same bracket, the system allows for PROGRESSION which is kind of the point of a ranked/matchmaking system - to allow someone to start somewhere and climb higher. Or drop down. If you limit it simply to those that start high and stay there, you're removing almost the entire point and just making it a "limited entry" system, where its not "ranked", it's just put behind a wall.

But I can tell that the direction of development is for the hardcore, so I am guessing that may be the intention to begin with.