Recent Topics

Ads

Mara nerf - why?

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Kobra
Suspended
Posts: 126

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#51 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:35 pm

Ramlaen wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 pm
Great damage, great utility, great survivability.

Pick two.
WL can pick all of them. So.. Your point?

I think this is because they are attempting to make order win cities, any way possible, without looking at WHY order loses cities. (Pro-tip, it's because order is disorganized) Trust me, order didn't lose cities because of morales, or because of Marauders.

These changes will not result in a single new win for order in cities. All these nerfs do is continue to drive away players while White Lions roam the lands with grossly OP Roam/PVP/RVR toons with way too much burst and utility.

Ads
Sundowner
Posts: 79

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#52 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:48 pm

Kobra wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:35 pm
Ramlaen wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 pm
Great damage, great utility, great survivability.

Pick two.
WL can pick all of them. So.. Your point?

I think this is because they are attempting to make order win cities, any way possible, without looking at WHY order loses cities. (Pro-tip, it's because order is disorganized) Trust me, order didn't lose cities because of morales, or because of Marauders.

These changes will not result in a single new win for order in cities. All these nerfs do is continue to drive away players while White Lions roam the lands with grossly OP Roam/PVP/RVR toons with way too much burst and utility.
WL is way less survivable than mara or mSH

Cobra81
Posts: 12

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#53 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:57 pm

Krulgu wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:15 pm
players response to patch ...... 56% order now .... great i invite destro to continue to leave this corrupted game, let's order play alone in empty server .
Wrong, Faction ratio is 42-58%. worst ive seen is 25-75% but thats ok right?


Sundowner wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:48 pm
Kobra wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:35 pm
Ramlaen wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:20 pm
Great damage, great utility, great survivability.

Pick two.
WL can pick all of them. So.. Your point?

I think this is because they are attempting to make order win cities, any way possible, without looking at WHY order loses cities. (Pro-tip, it's because order is disorganized) Trust me, order didn't lose cities because of morales, or because of Marauders.

These changes will not result in a single new win for order in cities. All these nerfs do is continue to drive away players while White Lions roam the lands with grossly OP Roam/PVP/RVR toons with way too much burst and utility.
WL is way less survivable than mara or mSH
WL is much less survivable and has only single target dmg that bursts in.


After 1 month here ive seen this many times:

destro forms a melee train, start rolling towards order, uses GTDC, Mara Ae knockdown, AE-spamming and killing near everything during this 5s kd.

Glad that the devs did something and It was more fun fighting today. :-)

tefnaht
Posts: 73

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#54 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:00 pm

Kobra wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:35 pm

I think this is because they are attempting to make order win cities, any way possible, without looking at WHY order loses cities. (Pro-tip, it's because order is disorganized) Trust me, order didn't lose cities because of morales, or because of Marauders.
And you think "disorganization" have no soil under it? Hard to be "organised" when you don't have over pop on your side and have "meta" with short career list. If it's not a problem for you, ok. Nerf mara(I'll wait data from city time pop stat to agree with that)? You still have mDD in destro "meta" list. Just reroll. Don't want reroll? Bad attitude, loser bias, etc.

If city is end game content, make every career must be viable and have around the same position in their archetype, make for all careers options to be fun and effective outside city. If it's not a problem too, ok. Make wb mostly with "underdog" careers (5 bg - 2 chosen - 1 bo - 4 we - 2 magus - 1 sorc - 1 sqh - 5 sh - 2 zeal - 1 dok for example) and start counting winrate against organised melee tarins ;) .

User avatar
Valarion
Posts: 296

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#55 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:04 pm

tefnaht wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Valarion wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:51 pm
Destro has very limited group comp counters to Order slayer stacking. This was premature and largely unwarranted if you ask me.
Same as Order has very limited group comp counters to Destro ^_^. And Order side less careers involved to city meta.

Other way to change AoE damage - Piercing Bite only for brutality skills, auto need max weaponskill like all other non-magic dd, still good damage to light armor and for others only if max out weaponskill, want more effective hp - get less damage, still have higher def. In my taste - slightly inc numbers(+20) on all 3 points tactics and bind their work only if active their tree mutation.

"Less Legolas and more slayers and we will never lose another city ever again."

Sigmar Heldenhammer, Altdorf, Year of our Lord 26 IC
Last edited by Valarion on Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image
40s: WP/Dok AM/Shaman RP/Zeal Knight/Chosen SM/BO BW/Sorc WL & Eng

jughurta69
Posts: 47

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#56 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 pm

"Less Legolas and more slayers and we will never lose another city ever again."

Sigmar Heldenhammer, Altdorf, Year of our Lord 26 IC

[/quote]

Legolas have cc burst single target and damage aoe , more substain than mara on assault spé . order have 3 range stun without required ( no one destro) and give at mara this real spé cc burst on 70+2 the same WL .
Last edited by jughurta69 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

havartii
Posts: 198

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#57 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:36 pm

duvalx wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:04 pm
havartii wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:59 pm
Destro has every right to QQ, they were Promised a buff to SH to match SW, instead they nerf Mara? WL has been over tuned for a very long time and nothing? Just wow, I can't actually believe it.
how I laughed.. omg are you for real?

desto own in like 70% of cities... and normally out number us on the battlefield... if I was you my friend id go play a single player game on easy mode you seem like that kinda guy :D
I don't think it's funny at all that you and the dev's feel they need to balance a class around cities. Sad. Just Sad

tefnaht
Posts: 73

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#58 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:52 pm

Valarion wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:04 pm
Spoiler:
tefnaht wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:19 pm
Valarion wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:51 pm
Destro has very limited group comp counters to Order slayer stacking. This was premature and largely unwarranted if you ask me.
Same as Order has very limited group comp counters to Destro ^_^. And Order side less careers involved to city meta.

Other way to change AoE damage - Piercing Bite only for brutality skills, auto need max weaponskill like all other non-magic dd, still good damage to light armor and for others only if max out weaponskill, want more effective hp - get less damage, still have higher def. In my taste - slightly inc numbers(+20) on all 3 points tactics and bind their work only if active their tree mutation.

"Less Legolas and more slayers and we will never lose another city ever again."

Sigmar Heldenhammer, Altdorf, Year of our Lord 26 IC[/size]
Less mara and more choppa and nerf mara not an issue?

Ads
User avatar
Valarion
Posts: 296

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#59 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:05 am

I've just got done discussing these changes with 3 of the best marauders I know. These are very likely 3 of a small group of high RR marauders responsible for these changes.

After testing, they estimate the patches are around a 7-10% dps nerf overall depending on MP which is far lower than the 20-30% everyone is upset about. Its still significant and so I do understand some of the frustration here. Full disclaimer: I dont play a mara, I just let them beat on me.

These marauders did mention the nerfs actually place them back to a level equivalent to the WL damage coefficients. However, I was quick to point out that the ST (particularly the burst ST) of the WL is still significantly out of sorts. They mentioned the entire Savagery tree "needs help". Full disclaimer: I do play a WL.

So if the AoE coefficients of WL/Mara are equalized, then it only makes sense that the ST coefficients and/or the ST burst of the WL/Mara should be closely matched as well.
Image
40s: WP/Dok AM/Shaman RP/Zeal Knight/Chosen SM/BO BW/Sorc WL & Eng

Dteekay
Posts: 22

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#60 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:38 am

Look destro, you just need to organize. Every class can't be a mirror in this game. Maybe you should play other classes instead of mara. If you just make a better composition maybe things will work.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests