Mara nerf - why?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sundowner

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#121 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:12 pm

Mara mutation- wl trainings
SW Melee buff- mSH melee buff

double armor compensates for light armor of the sw and sh, double armor on mara will around 7k dude :D

Ads
Krulgu

Post#122 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:21 am

mara and SW have same armor style : medium , but SW have double armor stance, mara have armor penetration, nice and who have something like 80% armor pen at range 100 with assault stance ? 10% parry is for compense 1 H vs dual for mara : ha ??? first news, dual wield give you some parry bonus ???
Mara have great armor pen , yes with tactic, but with 120 WS for assault stance SW win parry AND armor pen, what compense woa ... and the 65% damage bonus + 35% attack speed is for compens dual wield too ?? when you see the second weapon not attacking each attack and deal only half damage of the main hand, i don't think that's give you +65% damage, go take a slayer, use same weapon on both hands , auto attack practice dummies and look..... and after you can come to say if that's more better than 65% damage, and i don't speak of 35% haste.

just open eyes, stop to be fanatcly stuck in your whine SW is more , more superior of mara,but
you will more , more and more what next one self heal on canlised range attack perhaps, that's was great for compense the brutaltity stance of mara no ??

Acidic

Post#123 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:27 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:48 pm
Spoiler:
Krulgu wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:52 pm sure thing is better have 25% chance proc one attack with damage bonus than 120 str and WS , double your armor,parry +10% ,autoattack damage boost by 65 % and 25% chance to proc 35% haste on auto attack ... dunno if i will choose the mara proc you see ??? i think one of this two stanc is a bit superior at the other no ??

sw has stats improv AND proc .... perhaps you prefer up thougness AND 5% crit chance ??? dunno choose your stance in sw just for compare ....
Well the newly added AA proc is to make up for the fact you only have one 1h; the 10% parry is for the same reason. Also double armor is waaaay worse than completely ignoring all armor pen; so Mara and MSH are the only two classes that can't say **** to ASW.
Mara players are just naturally whiney i guess.
No the whiniest of them all award always goes to SW, don’t even bother trying to deflect this

Sundowner

Post#124 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:47 am

Krulgu wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:21 am mara and SW have same armor style : medium , but SW have double armor stance, mara have armor penetration, nice and who have something like 80% armor pen at range 100 with assault stance ? 10% parry is for compense 1 H vs dual for mara : ha ??? first news, dual wield give you some parry bonus ???
Mara have great armor pen , yes with tactic, but with 120 WS for assault stance SW win parry AND armor pen, what compense woa ... and the 65% damage bonus + 35% attack speed is for compens dual wield too ?? when you see the second weapon not attacking each attack and deal only half damage of the main hand, i don't think that's give you +65% damage, go take a slayer, use same weapon on both hands , auto attack practice dummies and look..... and after you can come to say if that's more better than 65% damage, and i don't speak of 35% haste.

just open eyes, stop to be fanatcly stuck in your whine SW is more , more superior of mara,but
you will more , more and more what next one self heal on canlised range attack perhaps, that's was great for compense the brutaltity stance of mara no ??
mara armor- medium, sw armor- light. other part of your post is just trolling ;)

wachlarz

Post#125 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:06 am

Krulgu wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:52 pm sure thing is better have 25% chance proc one attack with damage bonus than 120 str and WS , double your armor,parry +10% ,autoattack damage boost by 65 % and 25% chance to proc 35% haste on auto attack ... dunno if i will choose the mara proc you see ??? i think one of this two stanc is a bit superior at the other no ??

sw has stats improv AND proc .... perhaps you prefer up thougness AND 5% crit chance ??? dunno choose your stance in sw just for compare ....
Well the newly added AA proc is to make up for the fact you only have one 1h; the 10% parry is for the same reason. Also double armor is waaaay worse than completely ignoring all armor pen; so Mara and MSH are the only two classes that can't say **** to ASW.

I understand that Maruder is so strong that Capulet dont use any Maruder in 6 vs 6 premade. And now will star use monstro Mara because of this sweet ignore armor pent proc. :lol:

Likeaboss

Post#126 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:32 am

storm wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:36 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:49 am
Valarion wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:05 am
4. Fetch being disjointed from the White Lion but being attached to the Lion itself allows the WL to use it as an additional CC tool in the burst cycle.

Fetch needs to put other abilities on cooldown, fetch/silence or fetch/knockdown are what make the lion so OP, you need to eat 3 sec of damage before you even have a chance to defend. For most classes if they don't get a detaunt off.. sorry but your 2 shot dead. I think a nerf to fetch not affecting other skill cooldowns would put the WL on par with other classes. I do not think that is an unreasonable compromise.
Yea... i understand, you get pulled and then knocked, so you cant react for 3-5 seconds...
That would be an issue, if choppa & Mara combo couldnt do same damn thing AoE. :lol: :lol: :lol:

the fun level in RoR drops, the more DEV's listen to such Forum warriors with 0 Gameknowledge..
So it was a good patch, just wonder how long it takes to be reverted cuz of whines :P

BTW, where are the screenshots or citys after patch? Mara is still on top of the Board :lol:
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:50 pm Accidental solo-friendly content doesn't stay that way for very long.

Sundowner

Post#127 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:43 am

wachlarz wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:06 am

I understand that Maruder is so strong that Capulet dont use any Maruder in 6 vs 6 premade. And now will star use monstro Mara because of this sweet ignore armor pent proc. :lol:
what 6v6 has to do with cities?

TreefAM

Post#128 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:58 am

Because the city is just one big scenario where you need to assist, swap guards, punt tanks, and coordinate, unlike orvr where there's randomness and an element to surprise to lot of the fights, you can't really do that in cities.
Good 6man guilds are often performing quite well in cities, but those are few.

Ads
Alsayr

Post#129 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:08 am

Im not have any rational arguments to nerf mara aoe, he have moderate damage i think this is not good reason. Im see difference in gameplay experience order vs destro, that is point.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal

Sundowner

Post#130 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:26 am

TreefAM wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:58 am Because the city is just one big scenario where you need to assist, swap guards, punt tanks, and coordinate, unlike orvr where there's randomness and an element to surprise to lot of the fights, you can't really do that in cities.
Good 6man guilds are often performing quite well in cities, but those are few.
If you think 6v6 and 24v24 gameplay is somehow identical, there is nothing to talk about. assist and swap guards are staple, punt tanks are staple, they are used everywhere and do not dictate playstale. In 6v6 classes with high mobility and burst st damage/st cc excel, while in 24v24 aoe damage, cc and survibility is must for successfull warband, this is why you don't see many SWs and ST specced players in orginized city wbs, and this is the reason that in 24v24 destro has 70% winrate because of more survibility and better aoe cc abilities on melee classes, while in 6v6 there is not huge disparity in winrates.

As for Mara, it is not best in 6v6, because aoe cc skills are subpar to st damage and mobility, while in cities with aoe knockdown, interrupt and debuffs, with 100% armor shrug mara is one of the best choices for mdps.

Again, if you think 6v6 and 24v24 are somehow alike because assisting and guard swaps, you are delusional