Recent Topics

Ads

Mara nerf - why?

Let's talk about... everything else
agemennon675

Re: Mara nerf - why?

Post#101 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 pm

farng84 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:35 pm
satanicomoderno wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:21 pm Marauders are not even a problem. They are the most similar dps what Order has. I believe they did it because they fear to touch on Choppas or Squigs and balance it and destro players ragequit the game.

But if you're crying about that, go play as a WL and face a shamman or a msh or a dok, or a choppa with gtdc pulling you twice from a long range to the middle of their group.
Please note that gtdc has a 25ft pull range and does not pull with every attack. Also note that pulling enemies and killing them midair is a tactic common to both order and destro
Are you sure its 25ft ?
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Ads
Faef

Post#102 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:47 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:33 pm
Faef wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:31 pm
Foofmonger wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:49 am ...

The WL has better burst for a few reasons (assuming not Loner spec).

1. The pet damage is additional and helps the burst cycle (and some pet abilities don't trigger player GCD, like silence, so they can be frontloaded).
2. There are specific abilities that just do high levels of burst damage in the right situation (Coordinated Strike)
3. Pounce allows you to quickly and rapidly apply ones burst, and frontload it during the pounce animation.
4. Fetch being disjointed from the White Lion but being attached to the Lion itself allows the WL to use it as an additional CC tool in the burst cycle.
5. 2h autos are burstier than 1 autos (although somewhat mitigated by Brut proc).

Your fetch example is incorrect, theres a 5ft min range so you cant include it any burst rotation as an additional cc tool like you might have once upon a time.
You're correct about silence, but actually, that ability is currently broken https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/17350
I'm not incorrect. I play a WL and I do this. I did it yesterday.

You create 5ft of distance my friend and then you hit fetch. It's really not hard, and it involves the use of strafing/circle strafing to pull off. With server and personal lag and the way the netcode works, it's incredibly easy to do, just have to practice it a little.
Yes I know how to do it, sorry I misread your message and thought you were including it in the timestamping, no worries.

farng84

Post#103 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:53 pm

agemennon675 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:39 pm
farng84 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:35 pm
satanicomoderno wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:21 pm Marauders are not even a problem. They are the most similar dps what Order has. I believe they did it because they fear to touch on Choppas or Squigs and balance it and destro players ragequit the game.

But if you're crying about that, go play as a WL and face a shamman or a msh or a dok, or a choppa with gtdc pulling you twice from a long range to the middle of their group.
Please note that gtdc has a 25ft pull range and does not pull with every attack. Also note that pulling enemies and killing them midair is a tactic common to both order and destro
Are you sure its 25ft ?
Yup, it was 30ft before but was modified to 25ft to avoid choppa pulling ppl down from short walls (sounds fair btw), you can find more details somewhere in the forum (can't remember where exactly, sorry)

sjemen

Post#104 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:08 pm

only the vertical pull is 25ft now it's still 40ft normal
shmemsy 82 IB sjem 75 WP sjembem 70 ENG shmem WH 67 sjemo 68 WL sjemsy 64 BW fatsjem 59 SLAY shmoom 52 AM sjemsjem 53 RP smemz 43 KotBSsjemel 59 SW
shmemz 68 SH sjemz 64 SHM sjemppa 48 BOsjemmy 50 CHP ssjemm 43 MAR

Zaxxond

Post#105 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:23 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:55 pm
Tamarlan wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:05 pm Please mirror all classes to end those drama threads...
Effectively, that is exactly what these Mara nerfs are doing. They are giving the Mara abilities the same PSM scaling as the WL AoE abilities.

There is no issue. Those abilities were doing too much damage, now they do the correct damage.

Can we get a nerf the AoE BW? It’s time.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#106 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:26 pm

If you had been paying attention to several threads over the past week or so, the feedback from Marauders were that their AOE was overtuned for the amount of survivability they already have in Monstro spec. Considering they're still doing quite well on city scoreboards, it didn't have a ton of impact. They're probably still surviving just as much and have slightly less burst to tear through Order melee lines using AOE primarily.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Omegus

Post#107 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:41 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:26 pmIf you had been paying attention to several threads over the past week or so, the feedback from Marauders were that their AOE was overtuned for the amount of survivability they already have in Monstro spec. Considering they're still doing quite well on city scoreboards, it didn't have a ton of impact. They're probably still surviving just as much and have slightly less burst to tear through Order melee lines using AOE primarily.
The big part of their survivability in monstro proc was due to bugged absorb shields. With no armour penetration Maras got the full benefit of armour against physical damage and then the full absorb on top. You fixed absorb shields this patch which would bring Mara survivability closer to where it should be (there are still potentially some extra bugs with monstro shrugging off extra things too) but then nerfed the damage values on top as well. And the absorb change might not seem like much but due to buggy Zealot and Rune Priest rituals/runes those absorbs are also bring triggered far more often than they should be and this hasn't been fixed yet either.

I don't think anyone is against fixing the bugs that make Maras tougher to kill than they should be; it just seems premature to also nerf the damage without first seeing how the current damage values perform when survivability gets closer to its correct (lower) level.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

JucaMatador

Post#108 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:09 am

now.. lets see the Knight 2H .. .what going on ? the new path is killing all the tanks in a easy mode.
why that?

sorry .. lost one more player.

Ads
Dekata

Post#109 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:26 am

Problem not in mara indeed. Problem is in op melee sq and choppas.

Rumpel

Post#110 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:28 am

Seeing a Stream some days before of a white lion making aoe msg my first thought was "wow this guy is making no dmg" compared to my Mara.

So seems ok to me. Hitting people with 1k+ from behind, happens some times, it's fun, seeing kills popping, but a bit over the top when this happens to all in front of me.

God I wish they would do something to brute tree! I love the mutation but there is sadly no reason to main it.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler: