Recent Topics

Ads

Percieved Bias and Game Balancing

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

User avatar
mytreds
Posts: 137

Re: Percieved Bias and Game Balancing

Post#61 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:26 am

You know why people don’t play order tanks?

It’s because they realize their mirrors are that much better.

Ads
User avatar
Wam
Legacy RR80
Posts: 686

Re: Percieved Bias and Game Balancing

Post#62 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:51 am

mytreds wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:26 am
You know why people don’t play order tanks?

It’s because they realize their mirrors are that much better.
Kotbs are better than chosen... but chosen look cooler

Bork is slightly better than SM... but SM is still pretty good just looks ugly AF

Ironbreaker as now been buffed and more useful and BG is also useful ... but IB skins could be alot better

Visually Destro tanks are superior... mechanically its pretty balanced

Destro melee dps also look better than order mdps, and also the models are bigger so its more imposing than midgets and skinny dudes. That is the main difference really.

People don't play tanks, because they don't appreciate what they bring and want the "glory" of dps and kills... there is no "damage taken, damage mitigated, guard dmg stats on sc's" just damage dealt/healed ... maybe if there was a option to track that and give tanks their due.

Tanks are one of the better balanced archtypes... compared to dps.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

User avatar
Martok
Posts: 1107
Contact:

Re: Percieved Bias and Game Balancing

Post#63 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:11 am

Wam wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:51 am
Bork is slightly better than SM... but SM is still pretty good just looks ugly AF

I agree the helmets are hideous, but overall it isn't that bad. I just hide the helmet and cloak, which helps off-set the poor gear designs. Nothing to be done about the dress...

Nosun
Posts: 70

Re: Percieved Bias and Game Balancing

Post#64 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:00 am

I read most of your post and a bit of the replys. I have played ror for almost a year mostly on order and a bit of destro. Order is like 75% at least pug players just having fun. Yes order seriously lacks tanks and healers. Order is outnumbered most of the time and it has been that way the whole entire almost year I have played. Order sometimes has the zerg when enough destro get bored of running us over at the same time. Order isn't even really a side anymore as a lot of times half our wbs are full of like lvl 25s that are tired of zerging on destro. Nobody cares at all about city or trying to defend or anything else.
Kotbs rr80+
Magus rr70+
AM rr80+
DoK rr50+
Wl rr50+
Mara rr40+

User avatar
Valkeera
Posts: 5

Re: Percieved Bias and Game Balancing

Post#65 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:20 am

I'm really curious where does this "Order tanks don't look good" perception bias come from... in my opinion they look really great, are patterned according to WFB miniatures and conform to the lore... are these outlook grievances only because the gear outlook, or the models?

dether
Posts: 31

Re: Percieved Bias and Game Balancing

Post#66 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:48 am

I guess we found those 2-3 destro warbands that lose on every city while their faction dominates.
If destros issue is WL's on city then sorry to say that but you lose and you dont even know why . its not only that order are making bad warbands and getting rekt or been organised at all the same happens to destro to a lesser extend but i guess you are the unlucky that got the OP 6 WL order premade and rolled over you.

Mara and WL should had identical aoe now since they revert the buff so if WL can top the meter then Mara can do the same.

Also how about to post some screenshots of WL topping meters on organised vs organised WB and then lets see far ahead a mara is

gandresch
Posts: 119

Re: Percieved Bias and Game Balancing

Post#67 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:54 am

The Look is an important factor and Destro wins by far.
Since most of the tanks want to do dps you have to add the damage in comparison too and with that Chosen is better than Kotbs. Kotbs damage is just awful.

If you want to play a 2h tank than Destro tanks are generally better in my opinion. SM is good though

User avatar
Wam
Legacy RR80
Posts: 686

Re: Percieved Bias and Game Balancing

Post#68 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:16 am

Martok wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:11 am
Wam wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:51 am
Bork is slightly better than SM... but SM is still pretty good just looks ugly AF

I agree the helmets are hideous, but overall it isn't that bad. I just hide the helmet and cloak, which helps off-set the poor gear designs. Nothing to be done about the dress...
I think if IB looked more like bardin from Vermintide 2... or have nice hammerer skins

if elves had more mithril / chain mail esq armour instead of a dress on tank... the fact you hide as much skins as you can says alot about their appeal :lol:

Even kotbs armour could be a bit more impressive and bulky/heavy plate

This would help a little to improve the appeal of order tanks which is a long standing problem. Mechanically they are sound.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Ads
User avatar
Darks63
Posts: 548

Re: Percieved Bias and Game Balancing

Post#69 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:22 am

Wam wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:16 am
Martok wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:11 am
Wam wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:51 am
Bork is slightly better than SM... but SM is still pretty good just looks ugly AF

I agree the helmets are hideous, but overall it isn't that bad. I just hide the helmet and cloak, which helps off-set the poor gear designs. Nothing to be done about the dress...
I think if IB looked more like bardin from Vermintide 2... or have nice hammerer skins

if elves had more mithril / chain mail esq armour instead of a dress on tank... the fact you hide as much skins as you can says alot about their appeal :lol:

Even kotbs armour could be a bit more impressive and bulky/heavy plate

This would help a little to improve the appeal of order tanks which is a long standing problem. Mechanically they are sound.
Knights Panther or Black Knights of Morr armor skins would help give knights more Gothic looking plate rather than the renaissance plate that the KotBS have.
Tourist SW 40/50+<Zaxxed> Discotec 40/40+<IRONIC>

Former Pragg/Badlands Destro Iron Rock/Badlands Order player.

User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1747
Contact:

Re: Percieved Bias and Game Balancing

Post#70 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:28 am

gandresch wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:54 am
The Look is an important factor and Destro wins by far.
Since most of the tanks want to do dps you have to add the damage in comparison too and with that Chosen is better than Kotbs. Kotbs damage is just awful.

If you want to play a 2h tank than Destro tanks are generally better in my opinion. SM is good though
This is probably the bigger issue, tanks looking for dps. That’s not the tanks things to do. Tanks dps is just a bonus everything else matters. Damage reduction, guard ... reducing damage is not only a snb thing.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], GamesBond, orfeask and 45 guests