Recent Topics

Ads

City and Fort scoreboard

Let's talk about... everything else
Peeod

City and Fort scoreboard

Post#1 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 pm

Since people like to use city as measure for "balance" in endgame i'm curious why that doesn't apply to Forts as well. Destro sucks at forts unless gifted them, seems fair to "balance" a few order classes (BW/Engi) based off fort performance too :)

Ads
Manatikik

Re: City and Fort scoreboard

Post#2 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:56 pm

Peeod wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 pm Since people like to use city as measure for "balance" in endgame i'm curious why that doesn't apply to Forts as well. Destro sucks at forts unless gifted them, seems fair to "balance" a few order classes (BW/Engi) based off fort performance too :)

Well, fort doesn’t have end game gear and 400 people in a single choke point doesn’t at all reflect balance in the slightest compared to. 6v6, 12v12, 24v24 can.
<Montague><Capulet>

TreefAM

Post#3 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:10 am

Even though it's a stretch to call cities competitive (since you will never have your best team online at the same time due to their odd timings) forts are so far removed from any skillbased play in this game that zerging in nordland takes more game knowledge than this.
I find that destro just has too many unorganized pugs in the forts, look at the Maw defense just a couple of hours ago, the only warband on main was my own + a 5man. Not that order doesn't suffer from the same problem, but being rdps heavy really helps when you're facing unguarded choppas.

farng84

Post#4 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:09 pm

Peeod wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:20 pm Well, fort doesn’t have end game gear and 400 people in a single choke point doesn’t at all reflect balance in the slightest compared to. 6v6, 12v12, 24v24 can.
True, but a few points are worth mentioning:
1) forts are the way to the city, no fort, no city
2) it should be possible to take the choke point, otherwise it would mean forts are designed to never fall unless throw (again no fort, no city and throwing is a bannable offence)
3) a game should be balanced in all of its aspects. If for example stacking only chosen and dps shamans would make for an unbreakable defence (hardly the case, but just to make an example) something would have to be changed

I agree with Treef, recently a lot of pugs in forts and many low levels (this is fairly recent development btw, you could rarely see non lvl 40 players in fort till a couple of weeks ago). But isn't the lack of organisation what destro claim being the cause for city losses? Careful to throw it there because all arguments should be valid both way. Although I would agree it is not the only reason, what I would say is fort favours rdps while city favours more mdps (much easier to close distance) which would easily explain both trends