Let's talk about... everything else
Acidic

Re: Why is Destro the way that it is?

Post#41 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:04 pm

nat3s wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:59 am
p00ky wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:30 am
nat3s wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:41 pm

You want to fix RoR you need to:

1. Buff order melee aoe cleave, nerf order ranged dps.
Man i hope your trolling or you have never been up against organized wb with slayers.

Yeah my post didn't age well, went up against NGE and their 7 slayer chain and it was just ridiculous. Order have the better melee and ranged damage right now by a considerable margin.
But not a problem Destro have GTDC to give free immunities to order

Ads
baurogg
Suspended

Post#42 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:09 pm

madrocks wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:04 pm The city score is no reflection of class balance.
You can have the best composition but you might face a hard counter and get steamrolled.
You might end up with people afk or dc and never comming back.
Common sense btw.
It is a reflection of class balance in Scenarios (non-siege situation/open fields) and with best composition you normally dont lose at all if you dont face a best composition on other side. Also you dont want to know how often i got overrun by Destro Melee Death Balls. Many classes have no other option than to run away or die. Many classes just have no utility to counter it. Thats why Order (always lacking of melees) runs away a lot, bravery and stupidity are close neighbours.
Last edited by baurogg on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madrocks
Suspended

Post#43 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:18 pm

Ah and the Order melee death ball that steamrolls destro does not count?

As said, overall city score is no reflection of class balance.
Lutz

baurogg
Suspended

Post#44 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:20 pm

madrocks wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:18 pm Ah and the Order melee death ball that steamrolls destro does not count?

Its so rare that i would say it doesnt count, yes. And as i said its reflection of balance in a special situation.

Gurf

Post#45 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:46 pm

madrocks wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:18 pm Ah and the Order melee death ball that steamrolls destro does not count?

NGE rarely have enough for a full WB at peak time, so I'm yet to see this mythic Order melee Slayer ball in action, I think maybe happens once every 100 City instances where there happens to be enough Slayers online from various guilds at the same time.

Mordecaieth

Post#46 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:14 pm

AoE hitting through fort walls and not being fixed. To answer your fort question.

nat3s

Post#47 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:32 pm

baurogg wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:20 pm

Its so rare that i would say it doesnt count, yes. And as i said its reflection of balance in a special situation.

It's no reflection on balance whatsoever. Order only has a couple of decent guilds, destro has 7-8.

Some destro guilds are thinking of switching for a bit which would even it up a bit.

Pugging on either side will continue to feel punishing if you're put up against a guild/
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

Valarion

Post#48 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Berzar wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:34 pm Why does Destro lose so many forts?

Why does Destro lose so many cities?

Why does Destro lack co-ordination?

Also, please stop Rain of Fire stacking.

Thank you!

Does this mean we can buff my damn mSH now?
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Ads
sogeou

Post#49 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:17 pm

nat3s wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:32 pm
It's no reflection on balance whatsoever. Order only has a couple of decent guilds, destro has 7-8.

Some destro guilds are thinking of switching for a bit which would even it up a bit.

Pugging on either side will continue to feel punishing if you're put up against a guild/
Pugging on destro is much more comfortable than pugging on order. When those 80% city wins for destro = free gearing up much faster, but there is the problem of a 100+ destro not getting into the city because of city loggers and larger pop during city.

Not sure why TUP and 2 / 3 others guilds all want to move over at the same time. WoM moved as well and another one did. Like, TUP should go back to destro.

Lokiusus

Post#50 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:46 pm

Just to address the whole "its easier to gear on destro" thing. On the whole, it's generally false.

That "80% city winrate" is for destro guild 24 mans and the high rr fill-ins they take. Your average destro pug city group is just as likely to get run over by a slayer ball and/or bad group comp as an order pug by a choppa ball and/or bad group comp.

Furthermore destro probably has a 20% or less win rate in forts... meaning that they get less invaders/bag rolls (both reducing the ease of gearing to Invader and breaking medallions into vanq), meaning that
a significant gear gate appears for leveling destro ~rr50.
BG: 80+ | BLORK: 70+ | CH: 60+ | CHOP 70+ | MARA 70+ | DOK: 70+ | WE 70+
aSW: 70+ (RIP) | SL 80+ | BW 70+ | WH 70+ | SM 60+