For the game developers team

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
nOobZz
Posts: 1

For the game developers team

Post#1 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:59 am

Hello developers, I am writing this message to you in order to understand the purpose of your various updates for some time between the decreases in the capacities of certain destruction classes and the increase of certain order classes. It is clear that our no longer gain anything capital, scenario etc.
Tell you that warhammer online is still being played now is that this game is free, it would pay in my personal opinion a lot of destruction players would have stopped the subscription.
So remember that there are two factions and that the game will continue to live only if the balance exists between these camps, otherwise all your work, all your time to put this game back into operation will have been for nothing.
I hope you will take the time to read and understand this post because I am a player who likes this game like many other destruction players but its not playable on the destruction side anymore.
My sincere greetings to the whole team.

Mr nOobZz.
Last edited by GamesBond on Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Suggestion & Feedback

Ads
Sundowner
Posts: 79

Re: For the game developers team

Post#2 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:04 am

>70% endgame winrate
>game can't be played

yeah, seems legit

User avatar
farng84
Posts: 72

Re: For the game developers team

Post#3 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:59 am

Lol,

Yes destro wins >70% of the cities... BUT the city is IC, 3 times a day.
Destro is on defence, in every RvR area and loses them all at a speed which is astonishing... forts defence is not even a thing, it's let's see if we can survive till the 10 min mark (unless order messes up, I saw them wiping on boss).
If prior Marauder fix we were winning due to marauder aoe (a mistake in tuning) it makes me wonder why destro could win ONLY due to a bug. Currently there is no balance in oRVR, only a quick massacre of poor orks, dark elves (which would enjoy it if it was slower and more painful), and chaos followers (poor white souls all of them).
The lack of balance is not due to population issue, even with close numbers order beats destro.
Yes, organization plays a part. No, that's not all, we have plenty of organised wb (although there is a lack of healers/tanks recently, but order claims the same...so that's balanced) and except group of leeches even pugs listen and try to move according to a plan.

All of the above, together with the shift of population to destro when city is going to start makes me think...and makes me wonder if the winning results are caused by unbalance or by the fact that groups of ppl which would win on whatever side they take switch on destro for cities... That might be a conspiracy theory, but the numbers (considering the bigger picture, not only city) make me wonder.
If you include scenarios to the picture you start finding the win rate in cities strange again btw, unless destro is mostly premades and order is mainly pugs...in that case it sounds about right

baurogg
Suspended
Posts: 51

Re: For the game developers team

Post#4 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:08 am

The game survived with many weeks/months/years of Order beeing in defence, which was very pleasing for Destro i assume. Also this can change again soon without any update because of x-realming.

Last updates kinda made your melee deathballs bit weaker at least in castles and fortress where ranged dps has some advantages while attacking and defending. Its more the Destruction-Focus on melees that bites them in their ass atm, imho. It still works perfectly in open field and scenarios but not in sieges.

PS.: In current city scenario we wasnt able to destro a single cannon. There is still no reason to worry about destro.
Last edited by baurogg on Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 903

Re: For the game developers team

Post#5 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:36 am

We aren't out to get any side, Destruction or Order.

It's ironic that as soon as one patch releases that even looks like we have a form of bias, the other side start piping up.

If we wanted to sabotage a side for our own personal gain, it would have been done within the past X amount of years the server was up.

I appreciate your concerns about us focusing on one side, and I'll pass it over. That being said, I'm just here to make sure you realise we aren't. We do use data, we do look at spreadsheets, and everything that gets done is for the longevity of the server.
Bugs are like Pokémon - Gotta catch em all.

Fancy helping me become the very best, like no BT Manager ever was? Submit your bugs to the tracker and follow the format. If you've found a shiny (exploit), PM's or Discord please.

iantheace
Posts: 10

Re: For the game developers team

Post#6 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:37 am

he is right though, the order buffing has gone too far. At the moment on order i can farm premades with PUG's so long as i briing loads of slayers and people to buff their procs. Shouldnt be a thing, and its why all the top guilds by 2 really hardcore destro ones have swapped to order. No coincidence.

User avatar
farng84
Posts: 72

Re: For the game developers team

Post#7 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:40 am

baurogg wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:08 am
The game survived with many weeks/months/years of Order beeing in defence, which was very pleasing for Destro i assume. Also this can change again soon without any update because of x-realming.

Last updates kinda made your melee deathballs bit weaker at least in castles and fortress where ranged dps has some advantages while attacking and defending. Its more the Destruction-Focus on melees that bites them in their ass atm, imho. It still works perfectly in open field and scenarios but not in sieges.
Sorry but I don't know about far away past of RoR.
I did play the first year of live so long ago, and I was one of the beta testers (lol it was so long ago, they gave a nice title as reward btw). At that time the balance was shifted towards order.
When I joined this January the balance was shifted towards order. I think I saw Alt a couple of times and IC at least 2-3 times a week.
After the patch which did not allow defenders to respawn in fortress if the door is damaged I saw a more balanced rvr, with order and destro pushing at different times, with cities happening on both sides on regular basis. Later I discovered it was due to mara aoe.
What I'm saying is that such a small correction should not justify the way destro is losing right now. And if before we were winning due to a tuning mistake there is something wrong with the balance. Personally I never saw order losing like that (except at times where the population is 70% destro, but that is not very relevant data for comparison).

Regarding your second part, let's say I would accept it...BUT would order stop complaining about balance in city? you have so many ranged, it's only natural that you lose up to 90% of it against a melee based faction.
Or should we keep trying to strengthen your ranged till they can beat destro in city? How would rvr outside city (aka most of the game) look like at that point? worth playing?

On another note, I'm not here saying nerf order, make us op, give destro some unbeatable bug. On the contrary, I want to see both sides struggling equally to reach city, failing forts due to well organised defence, failing keeps assault sometimes (and not because someone need ram driving license) and both sides having chance to win cities.
I'm making a consideration regarding the fact that we are as far as we can from this point as destro is winning most instances in each city and order is winning everything else most time

User avatar
farng84
Posts: 72

Re: For the game developers team

Post#8 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:47 am

Kaelang wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:36 am
We aren't out to get any side, Destruction or Order.

It's ironic that as soon as one patch releases that even looks like we have a form of bias, the other side start piping up.

If we wanted to sabotage a side for our own personal gain, it would have been done within the past X amount of years the server was up.

I appreciate your concerns about us focusing on one side, and I'll pass it over. That being said, I'm just here to make sure you realise we aren't. We do use data, we do look at spreadsheets, and everything that gets done is for the longevity of the server.
Lol mate if you refer to me I was not talking about devs... I was talking about big guilds, the sort of full sov premade on discord which works more precisely than a Swiss watch.

My question to you as a dev if I have to ask one would have been: "do we need some balancing since destro needed an op tuning to be able to win something?"
But that does not mean that you did it because you side with order. And even if you do like order better that does not necessarily influence your work (or at least I do not assume it does).

Ads
User avatar
Kaelang
Bugtracker Manager
Posts: 903

Re: For the game developers team

Post#9 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:49 am

farng84 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:47 am
Kaelang wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:36 am
We aren't out to get any side, Destruction or Order.

It's ironic that as soon as one patch releases that even looks like we have a form of bias, the other side start piping up.

If we wanted to sabotage a side for our own personal gain, it would have been done within the past X amount of years the server was up.

I appreciate your concerns about us focusing on one side, and I'll pass it over. That being said, I'm just here to make sure you realise we aren't. We do use data, we do look at spreadsheets, and everything that gets done is for the longevity of the server.
Lol mate if you refer to me I was not talking about devs... I was talking about big guilds, the sort of full sov premade on discord which works more precisely than a Swiss watch.

My question to you as a dev if I have to ask one would have been: "do we need some balancing since destro needed an op tuning to be able to win something?"
But that does not mean that you did it because you side with order. And even if you do like order better that does not necessarily influence your work (or at least I do not assume it does).
I was referring to the OP.

Keep your 'Order V Desto OP' threads to somewhere useful, like Suggestions & Feedback, or the Balance Proposals forum. I'm not here to start discussing balance choices made. And for the latter comment, my point explained pretty clearly that we don't care about the sides we play, and it doesn't come into consideration.
Bugs are like Pokémon - Gotta catch em all.

Fancy helping me become the very best, like no BT Manager ever was? Submit your bugs to the tracker and follow the format. If you've found a shiny (exploit), PM's or Discord please.

User avatar
Acidic
Posts: 1750
Contact:

Re: For the game developers team

Post#10 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:57 am

Just now with the dot bug buffing slayers beyond salinity it’s hard to tell but as a rule order has been buffed so even incompetent can play thier SW etc, problem being that bring the good players of classes like slayer to be ridiculously over tuned
Feels like they try to balance city win rate and ignore composition and effort level is put in
Last edited by Acidic on Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests