Recent Topics

Ads

Whats up with the population ratio between destruction and order?

Let's talk about... everything else
Draugris

Re: Whats up with the population ratio between destruction and order?

Post#21 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:28 am

A few weeks ago Order was heavily outnumbered regularly. So @OP i feel you, unfortunately this plagues this game constantly. There is not much you can do about it besides staying on your realm and not making it worse. It will change sooner or later, but because things are like they are here on this server, you will not have a more or less even playing field for any foreseeable time.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

Ads
Detangler

Post#22 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:12 am

Vandoles wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:00 am By now everyone who has a destro char has geared him fully so what else is there to do but reroll order?
Not everyone! I still need 50+ royals to complete my first set cause I miss too many cities cause RL is too busy :lol:
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

TreefAM

Post#23 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:24 am

Enjoy the time while we're back to normal with order zerging.
The problem is that the "big guilds" only really play during their event days. Same goes for order, they have 0 presence in the lakes unless it's on guild events.

M0rw47h

Post#24 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:30 am

AAO is good and juicy on Destro.
Meanwhile any smallscale on Order is ruined by influx of blobbers.

loranbg

Post#25 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:45 am

M0rw47h wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:30 am AAO is good and juicy on Destro.
Meanwhile any smallscale on Order is ruined by influx of blobbers.
I'm gonna try avoiding the big blob fights and getting into smaller scale group engagements/ganking. Hopefully this is the solution of making the best out of a bad situation and finding enjoyment out of this game.

Thank you all for clearing up the current situation as to why destruction seems to be so outnumbered at the moment.

In my opinion however something definitely needs to be done in order to address future population imbalances. From what I've been reading and hearing this has been an ongoing problem with this game for years. Locking players out of playing their desired faction could make some people upset of course, but perhaps some other solution can be found to fix this problem. Something along the lines of the city rvr's population cap where there is a limit to how many players can enter an RVR and need to enter into a queue. Would this work?

saupreusse
Developer

Post#26 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:49 am

Im really trying not to come around like an asshole here, but statistically winning or loosing 6 scenarios in a row or having your ass handed to you by imbalanced realm numbers over a period of a few days is insignificant and cant be used to make any meaningful statement about the population or overall state of one realm. In my experience i'd say i probably lost a few more sc on order than destro, but i was also pugging a lot more on order. Rvr wise its like a pendulum. One aide might dominate for weeks or even months until the other side gets their way again.

loranbg

Post#27 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:56 am

I completely agree. I personally do not have longterm personal experience or data to have a strong statistical arguement based on my own experience. However, I have found posts dating back to 2018 and further from a simple googlesearch on people complaining about faction population imbalances.

Having a pendulum where months on end one faction dominates the other and then switches over is a big problem. This means you will never have equal/balanced fights. It will always be one faction zerging the other. Being on the zerging side isn't fun either, I don't like having things handed to me on a silver plate. Sure, I can wait until my faction starts outnumbering the other 3:1, but that doesn't mean I'll stick around playing this game either, because that isn't fun.

Sure, i can play ranked where I would have a competitive setting. But I started playing this game for the big orvr/open world pvp fights, which is what this game was intended for. If i want to play a competitive ranked setting I can simply go back to wow's rated battlegrounds or arenas for example.

Again, I am offering solutions to a population imbalance problem.

M0rw47h

Post#28 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:07 am

You should remember, that majority of "good" players play both realms. In previous months, Destruction was heavily dominating both lakes and cities, now switch happens when many of those on Des got their characters geared already.

Ads
nat3s

Post#29 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:14 am

Bunch of Destro guilds re-rolled Order as we were tired of the incorrect forum narrative that Destro are OP which has driven changes such as the Mara aoe nerf, which was not warranted.

Order has for quite some time had both the best melee and ranged damage and significantly overpowered mirror match ups, you just didn't have as many hardcore guilds running pure meta setups. I suspect in maybe 2 months you'll have a massive Order overpop and big Order city stomps in addition to their SC, Keep and Fort stomps.

Maybe then we can revisit the conversation about the state of Mara vs WL, Choppa vs Slayer and BW vs Sorc once the point has been made.
Last edited by nat3s on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

ravezaar

Post#30 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:55 am

nat3s wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:14 am Bunch of Destro guilds re-rolled Order as we were tired of the incorrect forum narrative that Destro are OP which has driven changes such as the Mara aoe nerf, which was not warranted.

Order has for quite some time had both the best melee and ranged damage and significantly overpowered mirror match ups, you just didn't have as many hardcore guilds running pure meta setups. Well you will now, and I suspect in maybe 2 months you'll have a massive Order overpop and big Order city stomps in addition to their SC, Keep and Fort stomps.

Maybe then we can revisit the conversation about the state of Mara vs WL, Choppa vs Slayer and BW vs Sorc once we've made our point... You don't achieve balance by listening to puggers wondering why they're losing to guilds.
Order has always had better rdps NEVER had better and still dont have better mdps, its another cry & whine both sides do them but dosent help the discussion with complete lies. And the Mara reset on aoe dmg in Monst(nerf u say, reset I say) was ofc warranted. They had Utility,Sustain and dmg output all in one stance get over yourself even high geared Maras agreed with this.

This is all comes down to boredom and gear completion has f-a to do with class/faction balance. Play whatever side you want ppl but dont make up reasons
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ