Recent Topics

Ads

Order - What to do after T1 (CR16+)

Let's talk about... everything else
Dury

Order - What to do after T1 (CR16+)

Post#1 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:03 am

HI all,

I started recently and am a brand new player to the game - loving the DAoC RvR feel very very much so far.

I have tried a Rune Priest, then a White Lion, and am now playing a Bright Wizard. They are all now in CR 16 to CR 21 (RR 20 to 26).

What I notice is that after T1 is capped (CR16), esp. on BW, I am stuck - BW can't seem to PvE, even easy Public Quests seem hard to do for me.

I kill level 17 to 20 mobs in PQs with my White Lion (Scavenging), send drops to RP (Salvaging), get mats back and do Talisman on WL.

I like the BW the most of the three (RP was too hectic for my old hands heh) - but am not sure what to do. How do I go about levelling up, esp. grouping - as I am kind of a compulsive grouper in MMORPGs (EverQuest, DAoC etc). I suspect that Healers, Tanks will get faster groups (scenario as well as sewers etc, thank DPS?? - not sure if I should check out KoTBS...as I am liking BW very much.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Valm (BW)
Ronninn (WL)
Dury (RP)

Ads
Artwork

Re: Order - What to do after T1 (CR16+)

Post#2 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:42 am

A couple of suggestions, Dury.
1) Don't bother with PvE much for the moment (especially with the BW.)
2) Scenarios are a great way to ensure that you have a group, and to level up both your RR and your CR. PuG scenarios are usually fine at your level (16-39), but if you find yourself struggling a lot with losses, then look for people advertising for specific classes/roles in /5 chat, and join a pre-made.
3) Join a T4 warband (there are usually spots available in Open Warbands, don't need an invite, just join.) It's a great way to learn the game without a ton of pressure, and to get a share in rewards when your warband has some success. On the RP especially, no one cares if you are lower level if you are still trying to do your job. You'll level quickly, your RR won't suffer, and you'll pick up medallions for gear purchases that you otherwise would struggle to get solo.
4) Try to keep your gear as close to your CR as possible. Use the best talismans you can afford, even if they are green, and try to pick up or make a few potions like armor and one for your main stat. With the bolster system in the game, you can make yourself very useful even at low levels in T4 if you follow those guidelines. Level 18 with level 12 gear, no potions, and no talismans, you will melt in seconds to anything. Level 18 with Keeper or Oblit set, decent talismans and some potions, and you can contribute to a warband, and even shine in a scenario if you play well.
Good luck, and welcome to the game :)

Diragi

Post#3 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:33 pm

I had a hard time with the sorc in PvE until I unlocked the Close Quarters tactic (50% build timed for spells when at close range). The big issue I had was mobs would respawn were I was standing. Less of an issue with melee that can move to a mob.

If you go AoE and get a tank + healer trio the XP is insane. (Though you'll be missing out on renown doing that).

Dury

Post#4 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:58 pm

thanks both! Did pickup (solo queue) Scenarios - and I am CR 29 now! Got the full set with the medallions also.

While Scenarios are a crapshoot (sometimes get steamrolled by a melee assist train before I can swish my skirts , so to speak!, other times evenly matched etc), I am loving them so far.

Am I missing anything by doing scenarios mostly? Should I go to oRvR (even with bolster, and I have INT talisman in all my armor, keep the accessory/belt close to my CR - vendor bought), not sure if I am missing some great armor set / accessories by being only in Scenarios.

Thanks a lot again!

Valm
Bright Wizard

P.S: Thanks Diragi, I had missed the Close Quarters tactic!

It is great in scenario also when a melee is spanking me silly :)

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:30 pm

Bright Wizard is hard to solo as. Also dont PvE generally but especially not as BW.

Personally I would focus on scenarios to train/get rr. ORvR can be tough due to your extreme squishiness without a guard/heal or regular grp/guild to play with.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Grock

Post#6 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:37 pm

Dury wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:03 amHow do I go about levelling up, esp. grouping
You can just join open warbands in T2-T3-T4 RvR and follow the blob, its not always very fun, but its something.

Another option is to queue scenarios, you'll get matched with players of 16-39 lvl only, its pretty alright. Even at 16 lvl if equipped with good gear yu can be very strong compared to higher levels

For grouping there's always Looking For Group chat channel /5
Additionally you can join discord servers and look for people there, joining an active guild is always good decision too, just ask around in /5 or /ad or /3

For scenarios i recommend doing it at least duo with a healer, especially on BW

The only two things you are losing by focusing on SCs are currency for RvR sets and RvR chapter influence, but its not that important if you can get SC sets and weapons.
Sometimes its worth using exp reduction scrolls (Instructor's Boon, bought at Quartermasters in WC) to slow down your career leveling, particulrly at cr28-29 and - if you focus on SCs - at 35+
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

HammerGuy

Post#7 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:10 pm

Dury wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:03 am I like the BW the most of the three (RP was too hectic for my old hands heh) - but am not sure what to do. How do I go about levelling up, esp. grouping - as I am kind of a compulsive grouper in MMORPGs (EverQuest, DAoC etc). I suspect that Healers, Tanks will get faster groups (scenario as well as sewers etc, thank DPS?? - not sure if I should check out KoTBS...as I am liking BW very much.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
PvE is not well-developed in Warhammer Online. Most people level through scenarios or open RvR.

I ignore most of the PvE quests, except for the talk-to-this-guy quests. Those are the quests that are in the war camps and also given by the rally masters in the PvE chapters. They give decent experience (level 16 is around 8,000 experience per quest) and it is the minimal amount of work. All you do is pick up the quest, fly to the region, then ride your mount to the person you need to talk to. That is usually good enough to get a few levels.