Recent Topics

Ads

Today's patch.

Let's talk about... everything else
skokubarak

Today's patch.

Post#1 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:09 am

I am a new player and have only been playing a couple of days and today's patch has made it very hard on new players. If you group up with a couple of friends in T1 RVR you only get 55 inf per supply. From what I have seen so far today is that at least in T1 RVR most players are not joining a warband now, they are running around in groups of 6 since nothing is shared outside the group. Also it now has groups trying to snag supplies from one another since it's so much harder to get influence now. If the reason this was done was because healers were receiving too much renown I would think maybe healing renown gain should have been changed instead of nerfing gain for everyone. All I know is I was really enjoying the game and today's patch really tore that up. Some friends and I all have been trying out different characters so we can find one we like and get used to all the mechanics and now it's been made a lot more time consuming. Playing RoR has been some of the most fun I have had gaming in a long while and today's patch really has taken a lot of that enjoyment away.

Ads
Nazdravanix

Re: Today's patch.

Post#2 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:48 am

I couldn't agree more. I have spent the last week playing a bunch of classes to 15 to see which ones I like but logged on tonight to find a bunch of people running around on their own trying to grab supplies before anyone else does.

Normally there is a T1 warband of at least 10 or so players, tonight nothing, pretty easy decision to log off really.

nuadarstark

Post#3 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:17 am

Contribution as healer seems to also completely borked, to the point that it was extremelly hard for us to get healers into fort defences yesterday afternoon, as there were very few of them in.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

normanis

Post#4 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:26 am

majority of ror players is anyway 80rr , and after 80 is only meme, first who will reach 100rr
byt if serious than recent patches reduces rr and medals in rvr win or loose.
as a healer i help with healing someone
1. i get rr for healing person x = more heals better chance for gold bag ( if i dont get rr and contribution for healing look variant 2)
2. i let person die and than res him so i atleast make contribution for gold bag. (most evil version of healer and u should burn in hell if u do it)
3. i whant help ppl and not let tham die.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

mryay

Post#5 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:42 am

I'd like to contribute here. The low contribution, in general, is problematic. You get a really small amount of RR and influence on zone lock.
I did like the increase of supply rate with the reduction of RR on supply which made the RVR zone mechanic more attractive spreading the fights on all BOs. But the return on time invested is discouraging.

Furthermore, it is a killer for solo, duo, trio.

I understand that you want to invite people to group up. However, IMHO, you definitely should allow these small scale skirmishes to happens because they give more depth to oRVR interactions (like delaying inc, chokepoint, bomb, FoTM 6p, WH/WE ambush, etc). They are as much interesting, fun, and rewarding; broader RVR is what makes this game great.

Another point: impact on game design: it makes it more difficult/much longer for new players to be effective in the T4 zones.

Finally, a side effect, Order (as realm) will likely continue to loose on a longer period due to the gear imbalance. Destro has more RR80/sovereign geared characters (implicitly, better skill trees too due to additional skill points).

Cheers, Swizz
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Tradwarden

Post#6 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:11 pm

I have been playing a couple of T1 order characters this week and it has been an absolute slog. I have no incentive to group up, as box rewards get absolutely slashed. If the other faction doesn't want to engage in fights, you get nothing, and it's a 2 hour box run through an empty field for little to no rewards.

Freakgod

Post#7 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:13 pm

Personally I haven’t played any T1 but I could imagine it’s horrible. RR gains are slowed across the board. My opinion the community as a whole should push for content rather than cry about class / faction balance..... yes I’m a filthy xrealmer!!!

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:19 pm

Strange that if the efficiency of boxes is significantly worse than engaging in PvP, that people would rather complain about running boxes than finding each other to fight. It's a PVP game first, not a box game.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Bulwyf

Post#9 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:33 pm

I agree with the OP. Giving people less of a reason to group together and form warbands is a horrible learning tool for later game when that is practically all you do.

Nazdravanix

Post#10 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:51 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:19 pm Strange that if the efficiency of boxes is significantly worse than engaging in PvP, that people would rather complain about running boxes than finding each other to fight. It's a PVP game first, not a box game.
Last time I checked running boxes is a core mechanic of T1 RvR. Are you saying we should ignore that mechanic and just hang out at war camps hoping the 4 Destro players might come out to fight? Last I checked player kills don't flip zones.

Im sure your point holds relevance for the higher tiers of RVR but down in T1 (you know the new player experience area and the subject of this thread) Influence is one of the few ways to reliably gear up without having to PvE, want to reduce box rewards, then reduce the reward per box, don't artificially reduce it by splitting the rewards. The current changes encourage uncooperative playstyles, cause competition where there shouldn't be any and certainly don't encourage PVP.

Also good luck finding a PVP fight in Chrace off peak on a weeknight.