Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario suddenly ended

Let's talk about... everything else
bigbomba

Scenario suddenly ended

Post#1 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:54 pm

Hi!

Want to begin with a HUGE thank you to everyone working with RoR. Absolutely lovely game and you´ve brought it back better than before. Hugely impressed by your constant deliveries of events, bug corrections, balance changes etc. Thank you!

So I was in a scenario yesterday that ended in a VERY "timely" way..

We were losing serpents passage with a large margin. But we managed to pull it together and worked hard for a comeback. So we collected what was going to be the last salvage (flag) for a win. Our runner made it like third of the way back with our whole party with him after killing off destro. And suddenly the game ended. Just like that. No team with 500 points and the time elapsed at 8:10. My experience is that the game usually ends after 15 minutes or one of the teams reaches 500.

The VERY suspicious part is ofcourse twoway, one being our strong turnaround and the other it being the absolute last capture right after we finished off destro.

So is this a known bug or what gives?

Unable to attach anything to the message for some reason.. But I do have screenshot. Game ended about 23:52 CEST.

Ads
bigbomba

Re: Scenario suddenly ended

Post#2 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:58 pm

Got the screenshot:
https://ibb.co/njVqD7z

CyunUnderis

Post#3 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:42 pm

It is possible that the Order surrender.

Each side can surrender by typing the command .surrender during the scenario. A vote is made and if there is enough people voting for the surrender, then the scenario end with a victory of the enemy side.

bigbomba

Post#4 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:12 am

Im with order and a friend of mine was playing with me as well. We didnt vote for surrender.. Especially when we were turning it around. Did you read the post?

CyunUnderis

Post#5 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:04 am

I read your post and I try to find an explanation.

It can be a bug :
  • The scenario ended too early, without a team with 500 as score
  • The enemy team (Destruction) surrender but the scenario info is wrong (the Destruction team is the winner team because they have more points than the Order team)
In both case, you can submit an issue on the Bugtracker

bigbomba

Post#6 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:24 am

ok, thanks!

zumos2

Post#7 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:56 am

Time lapsed on scoreboard is always wrong. You're sure it didn't just end after 15 mins? If enemy surrendered you should have 500 points.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

GrandmaGary

Post#8 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:31 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:42 pm It is possible that the Order surrender.

Each side can surrender by typing the command .surrender during the scenario. A vote is made and if there is enough people voting for the surrender, then the scenario end with a victory of the enemy side.
A surrender vote would end with 500 points. I also believe the time elapsed is your time spent in the scenario as opposed to the scenario starting so starting the scenario midway would give a time like that.

Ads
Noiree

Post#9 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:52 am

The only thing that I can think of which might have caused this: spawn camping. It can end an SC abruptly.
Noiree - Archmage
Annnoying - Disciple of Wayne

gone with the wipe - RIP:
Annoying Lilpieceofsh - Disciple of Khaine, Bikinibabe Withoutbeach - Sorceress, Kekshirn Derkruemlige - Shaman