Recent Topics

Ads

Brust potential of Mara comapred to order mdps

Let's talk about... everything else
M0rw47h

Re: Brust potential of Mara comapred to order mdps

Post#21 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:09 am

Mara just deserves stance rework into something like SW has (with static buffs), so savagery would grant proper +DPS and brutality would give proper burst.

Ads
wildwindblows

Post#22 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:24 am

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:09 am Mara just deserves stance rework into something like SW has (with static buffs), so savagery would grant proper +DPS and brutality would give proper burst.
Agree.

Pandastyle

Post#23 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:26 am

M0rw47h wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:09 am Mara just deserves stance rework into something like SW has (with static buffs), so savagery would grant proper +DPS and brutality would give proper burst.
But that would mean that they have to rework the 3pt tactics because afaik these are the "replacements" for the static buffs the SW gets but otherwise I agree.
Lately I have been going on solo/duo roaming in Sav/Brut and its fine imo (it has to be said that I am 98% BiS tho).
But overall Mara is in a fine spot I think.
TB needs some rework...when I go into the lakes I dont even specc it anymore, I rather use the point for the bar to boost the core abilities a bit more.
And Brut tree needs some love.
But I have to say at this point that Mara's all three trees are kinda fine and you can do many different speccs and still can be somewhat viable, although its sometimes more for the memes...but other classes have it way worse with basically only one specc/tree viable.
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

wildwindblows

Post#24 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:37 am

Pandastyle wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:26 am
But that would mean that they have to rework the 3pt tactics because afaik these are the "replacements" for the static buffs the SW gets but otherwise I agree.
Lately I have been going on solo/duo roaming in Sav/Brut and its fine imo (it has to be said that I am 98% BiS tho).
But overall Mara is in a fine spot I think.
TB needs some rework...when I go into the lakes I dont even specc it anymore, I rather use the point for the bar to boost the core abilities a bit more.
And Brut tree needs some love.
But I have to say at this point that Mara's all three trees are kinda fine and you can do many different speccs and still can be somewhat viable, although its sometimes more for the memes...but other classes have it way worse with basically only one specc/tree viable.
I can say that from my experience, mara can do nothing in ranked sc's but wl's and msw's can easily assassinate any class. This is unfair. If I cannot kill any one after stack x3 rend and all debuff (with bis gear) and these classes can kill easily there is something weird here.

Pandastyle

Post#25 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:01 am

You got a point there...I dont have much experience in ranked (only played 3 matches so far). My experience is from roaming in the lakes / ganking
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

anarchypark

Post#26 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:13 am

wildwindblows wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:23 am
anarchypark wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:03 am
wildwindblows wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:48 am Also I want to add this, Sav/brut mara has no utility (except aoe interrupt), and mara gain these utilities in monstro stance like aoe disorient, aoe kd. IDK WHY sav/brut mara cannot do damage like any other dps classes although drop all these utilities.

WL and mara both have same armor debuff.
same 50% hp finisher.
difference is burst vs heal debuff+wound debuff+tough debuff and buffs.
simply put pet vs buff/debuff.
kill the pet.
It is not so simple and there is huge damage difference

what's so complicate and how much huge difference ?

again, it's burst with pet vs buff/debuff.
if str, ws and mastery are same, armor debuff and finisher will deal same damage.
difference would be CS+PA and DoTs while CS on CD.
vs
mara have so many options.
dmg buff+channel or impale debuff
just pick any debuff according to target.

mara doesn't have WL lvl top burst, still have mdps dmg plus have almost all buffs/debuffs

and have option to be most durable mdps. now you want top burst option ?
try to maximize guillotine. that's closest burst build imo.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

wildwindblows

Post#27 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:25 am

anarchypark wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:13 am
wildwindblows wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:23 am
anarchypark wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:03 am

WL and mara both have same armor debuff.
same 50% hp finisher.
difference is burst vs heal debuff+wound debuff+tough debuff and buffs.
simply put pet vs buff/debuff.
kill the pet.
It is not so simple and there is huge damage difference

what's so complicate and how much huge difference ?

again, it's burst with pet vs buff/debuff.
if str, ws and mastery are same, armor debuff and finisher will deal same damage.
difference would be CS+PA and DoTs while CS on CD.
vs
mara have so many options.
dmg buff+channel or impale debuff
just pick any debuff according to target.

mara doesn't have WL lvl top burst, still have mdps dmg plus have almost all buffs/debuffs

and have option to be most durable mdps. now you want top burst option ?
try to maximize guillotine. that's closest burst build imo.
WL has same debuffs except toughness. Sav/brut mara don't have any utility, damage, kd, and burst. Got it ?

Sundowner

Post#28 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:39 am

Then up wl's utility from third tree at mara's level, equal st burst and utility for mara and wl, agree?

Ads
wildwindblows

Post#29 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:09 pm

Sundowner wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:39 am Then up wl's utility from third tree at mara's level, equal st burst and utility for mara and wl, agree?
Oh man, you didn't get the point. When i create topic about mara, it ruined by order fans. Never mind. It is all good.

Foofmonger

Post#30 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:24 pm

As a Marauder player, I don't like this post, because it's based on a series of false assumptions. I also don't like the response.

1. MARAS CAN BURST. Where is the nonsense coming from that they can't? A properly geared Brut Mara's burst isn't at a WL level, but its near what a Choppa can do in a short time-frame. Therefore, the entire premise of this thread is basically pointless and nonsensical. (The amount of Maras I see with wrong gear, bad rotations, and weird specs is astounding),
2. Mara debuffs all in all aren't very good and pretty much suck. They've all been heavily nerfed from their initial versions. Therefore, a lot of the responses to the OP are equally pointless and nonsensical. (To be fair, armor debuff is still good, the rest have issues).

The Marauder savagery path is actually the one that needs some love/tweaks, and it's not to increase Marauder's burst dps.

To recap: Mara burst is already fine, if you want some tips on how to do it I'm happy to help. I highly recommend the OP of this thread goes and plays a WL or ASW, cause they seem to have a grass is greener syndrome going on here.

The actual/real issue with the Marauder is that it's debuff path has been nerfed so hard over so many years that it's now just redundant with what other classes can do, and is just more or less "bad". It has exactly 1 ability that's actually good in the entire tree (armor debuff) and everything else is just medicore at best (if not straight up bad, like the wounds debuff). It went from being at one point "the best debuffer in the game" to "meh why even bring that", on this server.