Recent Topics

Ads

The current meta is making ROR boring

Let's talk about... everything else
M0rw47h

Re: The current meta is making ROR boring

Post#31 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:36 am

Foltestik wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:51 am if you nerf AOE dps then res will be winner and no single target WP cant kill another warband (if healers can press ress button)
...but you can also extend rez cast time to 5s, giving people more time to interrupt it, forcing people to play "weaker" healers like AMs/Shamies for insta rez.

Ads
Acidic

Post#32 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:18 am

M0rw47h wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:36 am
Foltestik wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:51 am if you nerf AOE dps then res will be winner and no single target WP cant kill another warband (if healers can press ress button)
...but you can also extend rez cast time to 5s, giving people more time to interrupt it, forcing people to play "weaker" healers like AMs/Shamies for insta rez.
Too manny defenders of the way things are with arguments of L2P as the only justification without realizing the thread is not about if you win/lose but that the current model is boring .
I think nerfing aoe (heal and damage) along with rezzing would bring more life to target selecting and a more interesting game.
Yes a few other things would need a tweak or three but the current direction of let’s swap AOE BW for AOE rampage slayer hardly feels new and interesting

wachlarz

Post#33 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:23 am

Make Rdps meta great again. No tanks needed. 2 healers in wb max. Will be epic xd

Or meaby just meaby 5 wb vs 5 wb in rvr its game of 10 ppl. Best see this in endles KV zone.

Sundowner

Post#34 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:33 am

Current meta is due to city level design, not class balance. you just can't win with rdps heavy wb in relatively close quarters

TreefAM

Post#35 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:42 am

Id rather have endless KV or BC be the endgame honestly, always feels good when you pop out of pve and fold the zerg with a nice flank, or just denying a siege by just catching the ram warband in the tunnel before the rest of the zerglings arrive.

p00ky

Post#36 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:57 pm

iantheace wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:49 am So, i've spoken to alot of people, and literally everybody agrees.
Best post ive read in a while :mrgreen:

Onigokko0101

Post#37 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:38 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:48 am The people who pretend this isnt an issue are wrong.

Clearly something is wrong when 1 ability, GTDC, changed the entire way fighting is done due to constant pull, stun, die. Throw Pounce on MDPS SH and it got even worse. The ability of Destro to CC Order is clearly out of proportion compared to Orders ability to do the same. Dest picks the engagements, then it is a race to see who has better Slayer/Choppa AoE Spam.

Slayer shoudnt be the only useful DPS on Order. But that's how Order is, Knight, Slayer, WP, repeat. SM, WL, RP are ok seconds but are an "off-meta" role at best. Everything else should be logged out or rerolled.
GTDC spam is only good against bad players. Any real organized WB will not have Choppa spamming that, because all it ends up doing is giving free immunities for when you actually need to CC people.
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

Vandoles

Post#38 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:13 pm

Most of the people left on the server do not think this game is for fun. They also don't actually consider it a video game. I think that's pretty obvious from the comments in this thread just as much. It's absolutely evident from when you mention something is "boring" or "not fun" and you get answers about whether you win or lose, which is not even the question, people here just can't comprehend the very idea of "fun".

Ads
SmackdownNinja

Post#39 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:37 pm

I like the 24 aoe cap, I mean how many years did we have the blob up and moral meta? Single target definitely has place a in cities due because of how often people spread. If the cap is lowered too 9 targets, the we will have the blob meta which we have had for years and years. Then Morals will have to reverted to be able to break though the blob which means stacking wounds Again for the only real defense against it.

If Aoe is just flat out nerfed then healers will also need to tuned which just keeps the cycle going. I think a better option would be see if there is any truly over performing abilites/ class with no counters And finely tune from there. Blanket nerfs or revering some but not all changes is not a good idea imo.
Voldro BG-85
Nuketown BW-82

Wam

Post#40 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:57 pm

Rekoom wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:10 am Wam I've tried asking the community about counters to the Slayer train in a topic that gets 0 replies to - you say there are many & I would really like to know about them and get better. Could you contribute there or here on that topic?

Yes even if you lose you get rewards indeed but it's always more fun to struggle and win than to get splattered :).
Mara's/Bork/Dok

AP drain - cc- tanky / waagh shatter / tanky detaunt

Windblock from zealots is something op that is not talked about, i wonder why :lol: that is also a counter 8-)

Even shaman puddle and just general CC from tanks (if your choppa's havent given out free immunities like candy that is)

There is a few good sl in NGE, TUP, 6 man's... and maybe some others, but majority of slayers are average and if your dying to average slayer stack then your warband has bigger issues for losing in my honest opinion.

Slayer has strength and weakness just like choppa, which can leave it exposed.

Also BW do more dmg than slayer, but again alot of bad BW's who stand still cast ROF with little movement and don't know how to bomb properly or lack proper support.

There is no fixed meta has there is no fixed city time and whats available varies from city to city... destro has alot more options though / variety too in the dps department, where order is more rigid again depending on whats available as its harder to accomodate more than one niche classes order side if any.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]