Recent Topics

Ads

Gaurd and parry

Let's talk about... everything else
Esperflame

Re: Gaurd and parry

Post#41 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:45 am

Ysaran wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:47 am
Esperflame wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:02 am I hope they fix this soon. I only play tanks and I can't play it like this.
fix what? the bug or the change? because the guard change is up since three years, so i guess it is not a problem if it was noticed only now. and the bug... actually no one has proved that there is a bug so there is nothing that need to be fixed.
prove that guard isn't working as intended* and make a ticket on the bugtracker

*i mean as intended after the 2017 change
Clearly something was broken. Anyone who plays a tank seriously knows something has been broken and needs fix. When You go from parrying the majority of guard damage to almost none of it, something has been changed and broken to how parrying guard dmg used to work before the patch. If this change was on purpose and purposely left out of the patch notes, then clearly we're just being lied to when told, "working as intended" or "nothing needs fixed." If this is just a random bug that's popped up then maybe listen to your community. It's broken and needs fixing.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

Ads
Ysaran

Post#42 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:02 am

Esperflame wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:45 am
Ysaran wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:47 am
Esperflame wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:02 am I hope they fix this soon. I only play tanks and I can't play it like this.
fix what? the bug or the change? because the guard change is up since three years, so i guess it is not a problem if it was noticed only now. and the bug... actually no one has proved that there is a bug so there is nothing that need to be fixed.
prove that guard isn't working as intended* and make a ticket on the bugtracker

*i mean as intended after the 2017 change
Clearly something was broken. Anyone who plays a tank seriously knows something has been broken and needs fix. When You go from parrying the majority of guard damage to almost none of it, something has been changed and broken to how parrying guard dmg used to work before the patch. If this change was on purpose and purposely left out of the patch notes, then clearly we're just being lied to when told, "working as intended" or "nothing needs fixed." If this is just a random bug that's popped up then maybe listen to your community. It's broken and needs fixing.
i'm sorry but english isn't my native language so maybe i didn't explayn myself well. i agree that there is something wrong with guard and i also want this thing fixed. what i was pointing out is the fact that until now no one was able to understand what's wrong with guard, what part of guard isn't working. you cant fix somethig before knowing what's broken. so maybe before asking for a fix we should focus on discovering what's wrong, and then ask for a fix.
Zputadenti

Fenris78

Post#43 » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:45 am

If, as mentioned Wargrimnir, dodge and disrupt are used for guard damage, one thing is certain : all hits are currently reported "parried/blocked"or not in the combat log.
There are no "You disrupted/dodged your guard" lines, so we assumed only Parry (and block) are involved so far.

If really dodge and disrupt are used, this brings issues like we already mentioned in latest posts here :

- Huge discrepancies between tank classes who are - or not - able to increase their disrupt/dodge (and vastly varying requirements).

- Bad itemization for tanks in general, where sets only provide Parry and Block in useful amounts, unlike Dodge/Disrupt (2% on belt is not very useful tbh).

- Further unbalance between Shield/2H tankiness ; Shield already have another layer of protection for all damages, including guard, and can vastly increase dodge and disrupt.

2H tanks don't need to be impaired further (they already lose the shield and all its advantages), at least regarding guard avoidances.
(Especially when considering guard damage ignore all mitigation from the tank, wich is another issue)

Thing is, SnB Tanks and 2H Tanks are already not equals regarding avoidances, a gap wich is further aggravated by classes toolkits.
The most shared ability between all tanks is (one or more) parry increaser(s), through skills/tactics or stuff, wich goes in par with the ability to guard someone : Guarding should only be related to parry alone (and block on top for shield bearers of course).

Esperflame

Post#44 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:57 pm

So this is still a problem on my Ironbreaker. I went SnB and I still fail constantly to defend any guard dmg. It seemed to work fine on my Knight, but my IB seems to only defend 1 out of 20 guard damage sources. Is this just an Ironbreaker bug? Am I the only one still noticing this?
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

Rydiak

Post#45 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:11 pm

What is your block percentage?
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

Esperflame

Post#46 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:23 pm

About the same as any tanks. My point is I only notice this crazy difference on my IB. My Knight seems to do quite well vs guard dmg but on my IB, my guard damage avoidance is just not working. I'm taking it all the face and my renown is capping all the avoidance stats.

Paxsanarion

Post#47 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:26 pm

Interesting.....I have a newbie Ironbreaker and I will keep an eye on how he is performing when guarding :-)

TreefAM

Post#48 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:27 pm

I have no trouble guarding as an IB in either warbands, smallscale or fort pushes and I'm still in ruin.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#49 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:17 pm

Have noticed my IB has been squishier recently, just chalked it up to more Sov gear bonuses being on DPS.

I’ll have to play my knight and SM this weekend and see if its different.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Vaul

Post#50 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:08 am

Did anything further happen here?
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)