Recent Topics

Ads

new lvl 40... what now (gear-wise)?

Let's talk about... everything else
DR4296

new lvl 40... what now (gear-wise)?

Post#1 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:13 am

Greetings All!

My Engi just hit 40 a few days ago. RR = 55. I have my full Conqueror set.

(Despite having played on the original live... and this being my SECOND major time-frame playing here, I've never actually gotten a toon to 40. I contracted some friends' Alt-itis, which prevented me from doing so.)

Other than RvRing and waiting patiently for my number of Vanquisher Coins to rise high enough for me to afford the Vanquisher Armor set, I'm not sure what else I could be doing / getting in order to build up my stats ?

(My jewelry seems a tad low. Blue and Purple items having levels 34, 34, 38, and 45.)

I should mention that it's usually just me and two of my friends playing together, so we don't do any dungeons.

Thanks!

Ads
Toggle

Re: new lvl 40... what now (gear-wise)?

Post#2 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:46 pm

I don’t play an engineer, but the items below are/have been upgrades for all of the classes I’ve played.

Beastlord Set - You’re going to probably want to wear the backpiece, ring, and pocket item. Backpiece and ring should give you ballistic skill and the pocket item is good group AP regen on use. All the information for them is on the wiki. They’re PvE boss mobs that you need to do in a 6 man group.

Genesis Set - These are jewelry and a backpiece . Classes I’ve played utilize the jewelry but usually used a different backpiece. They drop from blue (or higher) RvR bags.

Subjugator Weapons - They drop from purple (or higher) RvR bags.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Post#3 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:40 pm

Check out zarbix videos on yt. He has a great progression video

Sorry I'm lazy or I'd put a link

DR4296

Post#4 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:13 pm

816384138 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:40 pm Check out zarbix videos on yt. He has a great progression video

Sorry I'm lazy or I'd put a link
Thanks very much!

For those who may follow: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqVtOW ... XG5k8lF9dQ

DR4296

Post#5 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:17 pm

Toggle wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:46 pm I don’t play an engineer, but the items below are/have been upgrades for all of the classes I’ve played.

Beastlord Set - You’re going to probably want to wear the backpiece, ring, and pocket item. Backpiece and ring should give you ballistic skill and the pocket item is good group AP regen on use. All the information for them is on the wiki. They’re PvE boss mobs that you need to do in a 6 man group.

Genesis Set - These are jewelry and a backpiece . Classes I’ve played utilize the jewelry but usually used a different backpiece. They drop from blue (or higher) RvR bags.

Thanks for the info! Looks like I somehow managed to get a Subjugator cape and gun already!
I thought I saw that you could trade Subjugator weapons in for some other set... at a bar over by the docks. Can't find the stupid link on that now. Guess I'll need to run over there and take a look. But maybe I got the name of the set wrong.

Dueil

Post#6 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:10 pm

DR4296 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:17 pm
Toggle wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:46 pm I don’t play an engineer, but the items below are/have been upgrades for all of the classes I’ve played.

Thanks for the info! Looks like I somehow managed to get a Subjugator cape and gun already!
I thought I saw that you could trade Subjugator weapons in for some other set... at a bar over by the docks. Can't find the stupid link on that now. Guess I'll need to run over there and take a look. But maybe I got the name of the set wrong.
You can trade in unwanted Subjugator pieces for Smuggler pieces. They're almost the same, but with lower dps on the weapons. It's useful if you're unlucky with getting the item you want to drop and keep getting cloaks for example.. You can just trade a cloak in
Dueil - 82 Shield DoK
Pesten - 74 2h BG
Illvilja - 58 Heal Shaman
Saga - 65 Shield WP
Saqa - 58 Heal AM

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:55 pm

Dueil wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:10 pm
DR4296 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:17 pm

You can trade in unwanted Subjugator pieces for Smuggler pieces. They're almost the same, but with lower dps on the weapons. It's useful if you're unlucky with getting the item you want to drop and keep getting cloaks for example.. You can just trade a cloak in
You may want to consider that you can't trade Smuggler weapons in when you need to upgrade to Invader weapons. It's nice if you have extras, but don't trade out a weapon you'll need to upgrade with later.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog