Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario gear question

Let's talk about... everything else
kenibark6

Scenario gear question

Post#1 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:17 pm

Hi all, new here and have some questions.

I plan on playing almost exclusively solo scenarios, with maybe the odd pve or rvr binge once a month or so. I know it sounds like the game is deliberately balanced against that (which sucks) but isn't the point of this post.

What I'm wondering, is that since scenario gear is offspec gear, what classes suffer the least by using it for their main role? (I'm not looking for different sources of gear, just a discussion of scenario gear)

For example, I looked at chosen gear, and you lose around 150 toughness if you use scenario gear instead of similar quality rvr gear. I think I can make that up if I focus tactics etc on getting tankier. And besides, tanks need some strength anyway.

When I look at some healers though, they get only int on their scenario gear, and from what I'm reading they dont even really want willpower, it is mostly about survival. So if I'm stuck with a bunch of int that doesn't help me heal, I think scenario dps gear isn't really an option for healing.

Does this sound right? Or am I deluded in thinking my chosen will be able to tank reasonably even in dps gear (with proper build).

And if it is right, which healer would be least impacted? My instincts say disciple would do okay as a dps/heal hybrid because they can user damage as healing, but maybe shaman would be better?

Thanks for responses
10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 happymod
Last edited by kenibark6 on Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
VindicoAtrum

Re: Scenario gear question

Post#2 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:23 pm

kenibark6 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:17 pm I plan on playing almost exclusively solo scenarios
Use the .pug command heavily else you're going to find yourself with 20% winrates.
kenibark6 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:17 pm What I'm wondering, is that since scenario gear is offspec gear, what classes suffer the least by using it for their main role? (I'm not looking for different sources of gear, just a discussion of scenario gear)
Shaman/Archmage, Disciple of Khaine/Warrior Priest.

All get a dps set from scenarios, and all are excellent scenario classes in general, since when there's no organisation the team with more healing/resses generally does better.
kenibark6 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:17 pm For example, I looked at chosen gear, and you lose around 150 toughness if you use scenario gear instead of similar quality rvr gear. I think I can make that up if I focus tactics etc on getting tankier. And besides, tanks need some strength anyway.

When I look at some healers though, they get only int on their scenario gear, and from what I'm reading they dont even really want willpower, it is mostly about survival. So if I'm stuck with a bunch of int that doesn't help me heal, I think scenario dps gear isn't really an option for healing.

Does this sound right? Or am I deluded in thinking my chosen will be able to tank reasonably even in dps gear (with proper build).

And if it is right, which healer would be least impacted? My instincts say disciple would do okay as a dps/heal hybrid because they can user damage as healing, but maybe shaman would be better?

Thanks for responses!
Chosen scenario set is pretty much a 2h dps set. You won't be tanking properly no matter what, you'll just be a marauder with less dps but more defense.

Both DoK/Shaman can excel with their scenario gear. "Better" is not what you should concern yourself with, it's far more important to play the class(es) you enjoy the most else you'll get bored and quit anyway.

diedrake

Post#3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:35 pm

As you know sc gear is designed for off specs mainly. I am currently leveling my SnB SM just by scs, slotting a couple tough tali's and wounds. Even though its not my tank gear, i am still tough to kill and still able to get a kill or two. I routinely top protection, along with objective score. Only lvl 32 or so but having a blast, what i am getting at is that its still doable.

Classes that have the least negative impact only doing scs imo up to this point are mdps, rdps (am/sham) and tanks to a certain degree. For dps scs as you know the gear has more survival type stats, healing classes more dps type stats, tanks also lean towards dps stats.

Idk how my tank will fair in t4 scs being a snb tank but for me i plan on having the highest non-ranked sc gear b4 i venture into the lakes full time. Rvr for me has become a bore zerg v zerg, i miss small fights from live and whatnot.

Up to you what spec you want to use, gear and spec that meshes well is a huge bonus but not always tge spec you wish to play.

Hope that helps a little.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Brickson

Post#4 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:44 pm

One thing to take into account is that people will often give you ****, if you run as a dmg healer in a sc. I've never seen anyone talking trash to a tank for going 2h or snb with dps gear though.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

diedrake

Post#5 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:39 pm

Well i know i keep telling folks that complain about that, dps heals not healing, or just plain s**t talking about no heals, peeps need to carry heal pots on them. Only thing as a tank i get annoyed at is when i am guarding a dps healer and cc'ing the enemy keeping said guard tgt alive and not getting any help in return... like the occasional hot or putting me as their def tgt to get some of that damage healing.

Real funny when tanks are doing thier jobs and still get a lot of complaints. Or my faverite, rdps or a back line player is demanding a guard when they refuse to stick on the flag where the tank is.

Anyhoo enough of my rant, lvl in scs it is more enjoyable for me even though i am currently 100% pug tank, so i can see why OP wants info on just scs.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

Lyability

Post#6 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:36 pm

diedrake wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:39 pm Well i know i keep telling folks that complain about that, dps heals not healing, or just plain s**t talking about no heals, peeps need to carry heal pots on them. Only thing as a tank i get annoyed at is when i am guarding a dps healer and cc'ing the enemy keeping said guard tgt alive and not getting any help in return... like the occasional hot or putting me as their def tgt to get some of that damage healing.

Sorry for stupid question, started playing a WP to change up from my IB. How do I set you as a defensive target? I was looking for a guard mechanism and couldn't find it, do I just keep you selected as I melee the filthy heretics?

wanna993

Post#7 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:46 pm

Lyability wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:36 pm
Sorry for stupid question, started playing a WP to change up from my IB. How do I set you as a defensive target? I was looking for a guard mechanism and couldn't find it, do I just keep you selected as I melee the filthy heretics?
Yes. Your defensive target is whichever friendly you have selected (if none it acts like you select yourself).
Your offensive target will be whichever enemy target you have selected.
Since dps healers still heal off dots/attacks, it helps to swap your defensive target so it doesn't overheal

Lyability

Post#8 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:11 pm

wanna993 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:46 pm
Lyability wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:36 pm
Yes. Your defensive target is whichever friendly you have selected (if none it acts like you select yourself).
Your offensive target will be whichever enemy target you have selected.
Since dps healers still heal off dots/attacks, it helps to swap your defensive target so it doesn't overheal
Thank you!

Ads