Recent Topics

Ads

city AFKers

Let's talk about... everything else
grease

city AFKers

Post#1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:35 am

I REALLY REALLY dont get why others are working hard in city runs and people who are afk the whole city run are getting bags??????????
this some ol BULLSHIT.

Ads
xxstealthxx

Re: city AFKers

Post#2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:01 am

I don't know how this would work, or even if it would be possible without somehow exploiting, but how about a vote system, like for surrender in SCs? 20 anonymous votes kicks someone from the city, and it can only be done once per side per city. Unless the person is AFK or an insufferable douche, there would be little incentive to do this, because there's no replacement.

It would, however, keep that player from ninja'ing a bag.

kok

Post#3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:00 am

Kicking wont work
Kicking a person reduce the total amount of bags
And roll aside. Akers often have lower contribution than others.
Unless there are some way to get New blood, no one will vote kick.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings

RuffRyder

Post#4 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:03 am

kok wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:00 am Kicking wont work
Kicking a person reduce the total amount of bags
And roll aside. Akers often have lower contribution than others.
Unless there are some way to get New blood, no one will vote kick.
I'd rather like to see a confirmation if there is some kind of contribution in City at all, because I have seen people sitting in spawn getting top 3 roll boni a bunch of times, so no, they don't seem to get lower contribution.

After yesterday's changes to RvR/fort contribution I hope to see similar for City, this would solve some problems at least. Why not just take the amount of time spent far from any fights as a base determination for not getting bags, similar to special loot bags in RvR for contributing too less.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Spellbound

Post#5 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:55 am

DVR your gameplay, upload to YouTube unlisted and give a link to a GM so they can take action later on the City AFKs.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:00 am

Devs have implemented improved rewards in SCs for top heal/absorb/dps/etc => so there are the tools to bring more/less rewards to the ones who doing their best or dont...

Bowldancer

Post#7 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:26 am

That is something the patch from yesterday was aiming at : increasing the impact of actual contribution and reducing the rng-factor. I am pretty sure they will continue looking at that and adjust it further in the future if they deem it necessary.
Grimmsch Grimnirsson (2H Giantslayer, 40/85)
Spoiler:
40+: 2H-CHOPPA, AM, RP, WP, SM, IB, KotBS, WL, WH, BW, ENG, SW
Alts in T4: SHA, SH, BO, BG, CHO, MAR, WE

phononHYPE

Post#8 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Last nights city, in which we won all stages in ~19 v 18 > 16 as two order dropped before first stage ended, I wandered around the city looking for fires to put out. I was 17th in contribution and 17th roll. Sounds good to me as I wasn't interested in camping their spawn. New system seems to be working, though previously when I'd do stuff like this I have good rolls and ended up with ~12th/24. Rare though.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Ads
lyncher12

Post#9 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:20 pm

did city contribution even get changed in the patch though? i queued as 12, got a useless 3 man that did the least in every category and they got gold bags.

kok

Post#10 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:05 am

lyncher12 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:20 pm did city contribution even get changed in the patch though? i queued as 12, got a useless 3 man that did the least in every category and they got gold bags.
Did the "least" doesn't mean they are afking.
Also while they may did the "least" on the scorechart, they could do way more than you on thing that matter like staying in combat, assist kill, healing ppl that do the most kill or protection.
Northside-KOTBS ,Southside-SW Westsides-WP Eastside-WH,Rightside-WL
Good Soldier win fight, Good Calvary win field, Good Cannon win Battle, Good logistic win Wars
--Book of Five Rings