Recent Topics

Ads

Oppressor Gear

Let's talk about... everything else
convexte

Re: Oppressor Gear

Post#11 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 am

Brickson wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:30 am I like playing scs in general and already got one lvl61 sc weapon on my engi and one on my wh. I'm currently working on a second one for the wh. But going for the whole oppressor set on any of my toons would be doing too much of the same stuff. And if I would just mix scs in from time to time to get it slowly over time without "burning out" on scs I would already have gotten better gear by then through some other way. Looking at people's gear is giving me the impression that a vast majority of players is feeling the same way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I like playing SC's and got 61rr weps for all my toons which i actively playing, even for BG which doesnt use it (just for looks).It's not a problem if you really like to play your class.Idk what's your problem, guys, it looks like "i dont want to play".

Also, there was enough dps ams/shammys in oppressor when it was their top dps set.
I can understand people whine about triumphant/victorios set prices, but not about dominator/oppressor.
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Ads
Jabba

Post#12 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:29 am

Vanq/Opp should fill the slot Conq/Domi does now. It's now a starter t4 set and should be really quite quick to get into. Getting into vanq/opp hardly shortens the time it takes to get proper endgame gear anyway, it would just make it a slightly less horrible experience.

I don't understand all the people talking about how it shouldn't just be handed out because they had to grind for it once upon a time. Maybe these people rely on the huge gear jump from conq to sov to be able to get any work done and feel better about themselves? The jump from vanq/opp isn't quite big enough for them to lord it over any newer players?

Vanq/Opp is basically the lowest gear you can be in to still be remotely competitive in this game. You still have an enormous advantage over someone in vanq/opp if you're mixing and matching sov sets etc and they're in vanq/opp. If that isn't enough of an advantage for you, and you want to win entirely on account of the gear you have, then what can I say? You're almost certainly terrible at the game and you should be looking at how you can improve yourself rather than trying to force/maintain a disadvantage on others so you can keep some sort of edge.

TL:DR Vanq/Opp should be far easier to get as it's a starter set and is needed for newer players to be remotely competitive, anyone who doesn't think the same is probably bad.
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge

TreefAM

Post#13 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:55 am

Stop leaching in keeps/forts and start roaming for once. Box running won't get you anywhere.

phononHYPE

Post#14 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:03 pm

convexte wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 am ... I can understand people whine about triumphant/victorios set prices, but not about dominator/oppressor.
I don't SC much, so it took your post to realize the difference in Triumphant/Vic vs Dom/Oppressor. Oppressor is where I am working on atm, and it is absolutely fine. Sorry OP has to work for something at this level, hope things improve for them.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Brickson

Post#15 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:51 pm

Spoiler:
convexte wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:01 am
Brickson wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:30 am I like playing scs in general and already got one lvl61 sc weapon on my engi and one on my wh. I'm currently working on a second one for the wh. But going for the whole oppressor set on any of my toons would be doing too much of the same stuff. And if I would just mix scs in from time to time to get it slowly over time without "burning out" on scs I would already have gotten better gear by then through some other way. Looking at people's gear is giving me the impression that a vast majority of players is feeling the same way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I like playing SC's and got 61rr weps for all my toons which i actively playing, even for BG which doesnt use it (just for looks).It's not a problem if you really like to play your class.Idk what's your problem, guys, it looks like "i dont want to play".

Also, there was enough dps ams/shammys in oppressor when it was their top dps set.
I can understand people whine about triumphant/victorios set prices, but not about dominator/oppressor.

Of course there were probably a lot of dps ams and shammys in oppressor when they had no other choice... But now that there are other and better options, do you still see a lot of them? And how about any other classes/specs besides these two niche specs?
That's the point that people want to make here. In the time you have to spend to get full oppressor you can get more rewards on other ways, which makes the set kind of superfluous for most players in it's current state. I've never heard anyone say "Oh my god, I'm doomed and can't enjoy playing because the oppressor set is so expensive!!". It's more like "Meh, too expensive, rather spend my time doing something else."

Btw: Just because people are expressing a different view than yours doesn't necessarily mean they are "whining". If you want to be taken more seriously in conversations you shouldn't throw this nonsense around ;)
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

convexte

Post#16 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:50 am

Brickson wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:51 pm It's more like "Meh, too expensive, rather spend my time doing something else."
If you want it, you farm it.If you don't - you are not gonna farm it.It's simple.
Right now im farming 3 oppressors pieces for my WP dps setup, 2/3 complete in a week.It's easy.
Spoiler:
Brickson wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:51 pm Btw: Just because people are expressing a different view than yours doesn't necessarily mean they are "whining". If you want to be taken more seriously in conversations you shouldn't throw this nonsense around ;)
I said nothing rude to you.And tbh i don't care, thank you.
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Luthyen

Post#17 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:34 am

In my opinion its for sure too expensive for the progression you get

Oglaf
Suspended

Post#18 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:39 pm

Given how slow scenarios are popping these days, the grind for SC weapons and armor is nigh-unbearable. The costs need to be lowered.

EDIT: Or here's an alternative idea: make the scenario quests upgrade from Dominator to Oppressor at RR 50+. It is not much, but it would definitely add up over time making the grind less unbearable.

Ads
Noslock

Post#19 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:51 pm

Only grinded sc weapon for aesthetics,in most cases a couple hour of pve dungeon farm of bs or bb / be can give way better weapons with less farm needed (if you already have gunbad done).Dominator is not even worth the grind nowadays with everyone and their mothers in full sov and same goes for oppressor unless u want some pieces to mix and match with sov or other sets.The only time i farm scs is when tv is on rotation cause at least its a fast win or lose with decent reward (event after the emblem nerf)

kmark101

Post#20 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:48 pm

You can buy the oppressor boots/gloves for gold, so the "grind" is only for 3 other pieces... is it really that much? Just play the game/SCs and you will have them in a couple days.
Gryyw - Ironbreaker