Recent Topics

Ads

Oppressor Gear

Let's talk about... everything else
opelacrali6

Oppressor Gear

Post#1 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:33 am

I’ve recently hit 40 and have been mapping out how I want to gear my character and I can’t see why anyone would want to proceed with the SC grind for the oppressor set. The volume of emblems needed is completely insane and you’d lose interest in the game far quicker than picking up the rewards. It would take months of grinding scenarios to get it all.

I’ve been cruising round in RvR, made it to RR53 and have already picked up 50 odd invader tokens. It is far quicker for me to obtain a higher quality set and skip the oppressor set all together.

The only thing is that there is only 1 set choice of invaders gear forcing me to choose 1 play style.

I really think the number of emblems needs to be reduced. Thoughts
10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254 happymod
Last edited by opelacrali6 on Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Martok

Re: Oppressor Gear

Post#2 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:42 am

opelacrali6 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:33 amThe only thing is that there is only 1 set choice of invaders gear forcing me to choose 1 play style.

When Invader Gear was first introduced I was a bit disappointed there was only one set but you can mix it with pieces from other sets, an option which certainly renders Invader worth having. And, of course, in those situations where full Invader would be desirable you can change back and forth.

What class are you playing?
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

TreefAM

Post#3 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:29 am

Oppressor sucks, but you need the oppressor weapons, so just keep on grinding.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:43 am

opelacrali6 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:33 am I’ve recently hit 40 and have been mapping out how I want to gear my character and I can’t see why anyone would want to proceed with the SC grind for the oppressor set. The volume of emblems needed is completely insane and you’d lose interest in the game far quicker than picking up the rewards. It would take months of grinding scenarios to get it all.

I’ve been cruising round in RvR, made it to RR53 and have already picked up 50 odd invader tokens. It is far quicker for me to obtain a higher quality set and skip the oppressor set all together.

The only thing is that there is only 1 set choice of invaders gear forcing me to choose 1 play style.

I really think the number of emblems needs to be reduced. Thoughts?
If you just hit 40 probably need to aim to Dominator set before think to go for oppresor, but you have more options:
-Beastlord: really easy to get and nice starter, also the combo pocket/cloack/ring is really helpfull for much classes.
-PvE dungeon Sets: redeye/sentinel/bloodlord => really good options
-PvE PQ Chp-22 sets: Onslaught set is really good for some classes.

TreefAM

Post#5 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:02 am

Dominator is often a waste of emblems as well, the first thing you want is always the weapons because they're the worst part of the grind but the most important one.
The gear you will quickly switch out with better stuff, VERY QUICKLY, but the weapons will remain some of the best you can get in this game.

wanna993

Post#6 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:35 am

Imo, the cost of all sets/weapons after conq are over inflated. And the main reason isn't actually about the cost but rather how, for the conq and below stuff, you can easily farm the emblems before you reach the req.

convexte

Post#7 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:03 am

opelacrali6 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:33 am I really think the number of emblems needs to be reduced. Thoughts?
No.

Maybe just give opressor set for free for every 50rr+ toon?
Then make RoR "warhammer royale"?It's 2020!
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#8 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:52 am

convexte wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:03 am
opelacrali6 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:33 am I really think the number of emblems needs to be reduced. Thoughts?
No.

Maybe just give opressor set for free for every 50rr+ toon?
Then make RoR "warhammer royale"?It's 2020!
A few months ago the price of some sets and weapons was reduced, iirc: dominator/conqueror/vanq/domi and also the sc weapons (not the higher ones?)

Ads
anarchypark

Post#9 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:10 am

farmers take break when there's nothing left to farm.
so why wanna break so soon? ;)
gear grind is fastest way to lose interest in game.
enjoy the war, gears will follow.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Brickson

Post#10 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:30 am

In my mind the "but the cost got reduced" argument to shut every discussion down is pretty narrow minded. If you just compare things to how they've been in the past instead of thinking about what a good state could look like for them you will most likely not make any progress.

I think oppressor and dominator gear is too expensive as well. Almost everyone will spend the emblems on the weapons first. Some people will even stick to subjugator, because the sc grind isn't fun for them.
How many people do you see running around with full oppressor gear? It's a very rare sight, because the amount of time you have to spend for getting it is just disproportionately high in comparison to other sets.

I like playing scs in general and already got one lvl61 sc weapon on my engi and one on my wh. I'm currently working on a second one for the wh. But going for the whole oppressor set on any of my toons would be doing too much of the same stuff. And if I would just mix scs in from time to time to get it slowly over time without "burning out" on scs I would already have gotten better gear by then through some other way. Looking at people's gear is giving me the impression that a vast majority of players is feeling the same way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW