Recent Topics

Ads

New player here. I need some guidance.

Let's talk about... everything else
jaisanmeal4

New player here. I need some guidance.

Post#1 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:49 am

Optimal in game settings for advantage/clarity, binds, addons, etc.?

Tier list or meta from best to worst? dunno what class to play

How to git gud? guides? builds?

is this game worth the time and effort?

Solo player here; i play to win/fun; got burned out from playing the popular competitive games SC2, LoL, CSGO, etc...so i will try out the MMORPG games starting with this one 'cos i love PvP, heard good stuff and love warhammer; dunno if MMO PvP is good or balanced but i can have my fun by abusing OP/imba things to win

dunno what else to say; i read that u can't solo carry in this game and u need a team to win so better team wins and as solo u don't have much impact 'cos reasons.
usps tracking showbox speed test
Last edited by jaisanmeal4 on Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
RathBrand

Re: New player here. I need some guidance.

Post#2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:21 am

Is the game worth time and effort? In general, yes. For you specifically, it's hard to say. There are sort of 2 main forms of PvP in the game:
  • Open world Realm vs Realm (oRvR) - which is large scale PvP and seige between the game's 2 factions which takes place is certain sections of the zones. Here we are talkings 100+ vs 100+ types of battles over objectives, keeps, and forts.
  • Scenarios - these are instanced battlegrounds matching anywhere from 6v6 to 24v24 with traditional score limits. There are unranked and ranked Scenarios. This would be more similar to the kinds of matches you would see in LoL, CSGO, etc.
To get more info, checkout the Beginner Survival Kit section of the Forums and check out the following threads
There is an add-ons site listed in the Add-on section. There are all kinds of add-ons based on your preferences. State of the Realm (SoR) is very valuable if you play RvR because it provides status updates on the various RvR zones.

There is also a thread in the Add-ons section for a UI framework called "VinyUI" which packages and preconfigures a lot of popular add-ons into a UI overhaul. Note: if you go this route, be sure to download the latest version from the Forums rather than use the one that is packaged with the game download as that version may be quite outdated.