Recent Topics

Ads

Was enjoying myself until T2

Let's talk about... everything else
RathBrand

Re: Was enjoying myself until T2

Post#21 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:51 am

grimmers wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:23 am I have the mount already but I can't outrun or keep up with 60% mounts on a 50% and you literally quoted me saying that I'm on a 50%???
The 50% mount is a bit slower but I didn't have too much trouble keeping up with the 60% mounts. The only time I really remember lagging behind and getting picked off was trying to cross Chaos Wastes to get to the Fort. Luckily, I was in a guild warband and they came back for me. But overall, the 50% mount can generally keep up and hopefully any good WB leader with lower level players will be aware of the tail and pause periodically to let people catchup. That's another huge benefit of being in a guild and/or being in voice chat so you can call things like that out.

By way of comparison, I just recently started playing Elder Scrolls Online where you can upgrade your mount speed 1% per day up to 60%. I've only been playing a few weeks so my mount is only +15% compared to everyone else fully upgraded mounts with +60% max speed plus max stamina. The speed difference is massive and I still have 45 more days of upgrades to go before I can even be equal.

Ads
billyk

Post#22 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:04 am

1. Ever notice all those people afking in front of the war camp? Yeah, they're leechers and they do it because they don't want to be ganked ad nauseum.
2. Destro has a lot more players than Order so them having enough people to defend keep and lock all routes to the keep is normal. AAO be damned.

Two tips for newbies:
- NEVER do anything alone unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing. ALWAYS go with the zerg or you will get ganked. If you can't, you have to leech or sneak around and try to gank lone stragglers yourself. Just accept that there is no way to get to your WB if you lost them. Sure, there are PvE routes but they're often extremely long (Cale) or may also be patroulled by gankers (Praag). In any case, Destro will usually be waiting for you at the end of the PvE route.
- If you see someone in need of help, ignore him. Destro ganking him means they aren't ganking you. Since Destro always tries to fight 6 on 1, the few seconds he occupies the melee train are seconds where destro will usually ignore you, so get as much distance between them and you as possible. Don't feel bad, the poor guy who ran into the zerg wouldn't help you, either.

TreefAM

Post#23 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:59 am

These are some pro tips LMAO
"Don't fight" can't make this **** up

billyk

Post#24 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:14 pm

If you want a frustration-free experience, play Destro.

TreefAM

Post#25 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:27 pm

Idk I had some pretty frustration-free fights leading an order 12man yesterday. Kept fighting destro till they logged off and order zerg was back on the menu.
Discord won't bite you, join an organized group and you'll have fun, play the game as it's meant to be played, not just mindless zerging in 2healer warbands that are spread across several maps.

grimmers

Post#26 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:29 pm

Yesterday my luck turned around. I joined a WB in Cale and had no problems because I think we heavily outnumbered destro at the time so not only did we destroy their ram when they came to siege but we turned it around and established complete zone control of all the BOs. After the siege a tonne of people left since we were just stood around, the dude ending up as leader wasn't even aware of it, there were no other open WBs with spots and everyone was asking where to go so I just said "**** it I'm you're leader now and we're going to Reik".

Eventually the dude left, someone passed lead to me and we joined the siege at Willhelm's. This wasn't going very well since our (mixed level, mixed gear) WB was one of the main ones attempting to push and it was a combination of a bunch of people semi AFK outside the inner gate (that was now down) and probably just not enough tanks for the job. After doors went up a lot of people wanted to stay and try again but I thought it was stupid and told everyone to run supplies. I split up the parties of the WB and we levelled the keep to 5 stars and won like that while several WBs were still trying to siege. Honestly, those WBs attempting the siege were helping a lot too by keeping destro stuck inside their fort. Afterwards we took Praag at 2 stars with a single WB since only 3 destro were in the zone. Some were asking to go Fell/Butcher's but having a bad experience running all the way there just to be put in a queue unable to enter I didn't see the point in doing that so I said let's go Chaos Wastes. For some reason the wastes were locked (despite Order locking Praag, someone explain maybe?) and people were getting bored, city popped too so 40s needed to go do that and we called it a night.

Didn't think anyone would want some level 23 noob bossing them about but I think we were pretty successful and people had a good time.

Naelar

Post#27 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:38 pm

That's the spirit!