Recent Topics

Ads

Why was ability to train anywhere changed?

Let's talk about... everything else
sadistic

Why was ability to train anywhere changed?

Post#1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:54 am

Anywhere trainer has worked for a long time. Why was the functionality removed in latest update? It never allowed respeccing anywhere in the world. Simply putting mastery points into a tree. This is rather upsetting

Ads
xruptor

Re: Why was ability to train anywhere changed?

Post#2 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:40 am

I noticed that as well. It never allowed for respec, just to put points into something and train. To respec you still had to visit a career trainer. Oh well I guess you'll see more people visiting a Career Trainer now. I kind of liked being able to put points as I was leveling up.

Still I'm sure they had their reasons as this was not something found on the live servers and is technically a bug.

Toshutkidup

Post#3 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:07 am

sadistic wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:54 am Anywhere trainer has worked for a long time. Why was the functionality removed in latest update? It never allowed respeccing anywhere in the world. Simply putting mastery points into a tree. This is rather upsetting
Some people were exploiting it in SC’s for one thing.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Fey

Post#4 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:27 am

Yea once the gold cost was set to zero it was especially open to abuse to respec anywhere on the fly.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

sadistic

Post#5 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:06 pm

Fey wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:27 am Yea once the gold cost was set to zero it was especially open to abuse to respec anywhere on the fly.
It didn't allow for respeccing on the fly, only to put points into the mastery trees. Respeccing still required being at a career trainer. As someone that levels many toons. This is just an un-necessary effort to have to travel to a career trainer when it wasn't needed

CountTalabecland

Post#6 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:15 pm

I believe the intention was to increase the time/effort cost of respeccing and making it a more weightful decision, especially for ppl trying to off spec in scens.

Idk how I feel about it being money free. I change my rr spec constantly so I am biased against having to pay for resetting my renown point talents, but hey its gotta cost somewhere as they say.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:24 pm

It was never intended to work that way in the first place, and the resulting abuse led to a great many bans that were whinged about for months afterwards.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Zymer

Post#8 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:53 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:24 pm It was never intended to work that way in the first place, and the resulting abuse led to a great many bans that were whinged about for months afterwards.
Maybe it wasn’t intended, but it was a great thing to have in the game while leveling. How was spending points you earn (not respec) game breaking?

Ads
xruptor

Post#9 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:14 pm

Zymer wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:53 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:24 pm It was never intended to work that way in the first place, and the resulting abuse led to a great many bans that were whinged about for months afterwards.
Maybe it wasn’t intended, but it was a great thing to have in the game while leveling. How was spending points you earn (not respec) game breaking?
Sure i'll miss being able to distribute points on my characters as I level. But I'd rather they fix it (if it was being abused) than the small inconvenience of having to go to a career trainer.

Zymer

Post#10 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:23 pm

xruptor wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:14 pm
Zymer wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:53 pm
Sure i'll miss being able to distribute points on my characters as I level. But I'd rather they fix it (if it was being abused) than the small inconvenience of having to go to a career trainer.
I guess I must be missing something. How was this being abused? If it was being abused, I can understand... but how can spending points (not respeccing) be abusive or cheating?