Recent Topics

Ads

Title unlock requirements

Let's talk about... everything else
RadicalDreamer

Title unlock requirements

Post#1 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:21 am

Hi all,

So I have been looking at the kill count requirements for titles and have noticed that many require 10,000 kills on PvE mobs.

Thats around 40hours of focused teeeedious gameplay, for 1 title. A simple little title.

Does this not seem ridiculous??????

Ads
Vri

Re: Title unlock requirements

Post#2 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:09 am

If you want it, you will do it.

dalen
Developer

Post#3 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:33 pm

some of them are a bit ridiculous indeed. Mythic just applied the same 25->100->1000->10000 pattern on every type of NPC, no matter how frequent they are in the world.

Some of them are practically unachievable (and also have pretty boring titles, like "Master Bloodthirster Slayer" for killing 10k blood thirsters).

But doing something about that seems like very low priority stuff.
Source Developer

RadicalDreamer

Post#4 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:10 pm

Thanks Dalen for the measured response! I suppose you're right about the kill numbers being a low priority for the devs and its a shame Mythic were so shortsighted and lazy about it.

However, if these requirements were actually attainable there would be a little more incentive to go genociding in PvE and you'd also see a lot more diversity in people's titles, adding tons more flavor to the game.

Perhaps it would be more of a pain than I appreciate, but it would be dope if the devs looked at tweaking the numbers and nuking the 10,000 numbers to a tidy 1,000 or so. Completionism and title customization would be so much healthier for it and it would add real tangible value to the game.

Heres hoping!

Some titles are pretty dope - like 'The Worldbreaker'!!!! xD

Caduceus

Post#5 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:30 pm

If you think that is much, check out the "Grand Master Slayer" titles, like

'Grand Master Slayer of Monsters', requiring all the following:

- Master Slayer of Chaos Breeds: requiring Master Slayer achievement on centigor, chaos mutant, dragon ogre, flayerkin, harpy, and tuskgor.

- Master Slayer of Magical Beasts: requiring Master Slayer achievement on cockatrice, griffon, manticore, pegasus, and unicorn.

- Master Slayer of Dragonoid: requiring Master Slayer achievement on hydra, dragon, and wyvern.

- Master Slayer of Giants: requiring Master Slayer achievement on giant and chaos giant.

- Master Slayer of Trolls: requiring Master Slayer achievement on troll, chaos troll, river troll, and stone troll.

That's 20 individual Master Slayer titles, so 2,000,000 kills!

Check this for more info: https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... er_Slaying

I like the high kill requirements, to be honest. At least there's some things in the game that remain pretty exclusive that way.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Vri

Post#6 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:47 pm

Caduceus wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:30 pm If you think that is much, check out the "Grand Master Slayer" titles, like

'Grand Master Slayer of Monsters', requiring all the following:

- Master Slayer of Chaos Breeds: requiring Master Slayer achievement on centigor, chaos mutant, dragon ogre, flayerkin, harpy, and tuskgor.

- Master Slayer of Magical Beasts: requiring Master Slayer achievement on cockatrice, griffon, manticore, pegasus, and unicorn.

- Master Slayer of Dragonoid: requiring Master Slayer achievement on hydra, dragon, and wyvern.

- Master Slayer of Giants: requiring Master Slayer achievement on giant and chaos giant.

- Master Slayer of Trolls: requiring Master Slayer achievement on troll, chaos troll, river troll, and stone troll.

That's 20 individual Master Slayer titles, so 2,000,000 kills!

Check this for more info: https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... er_Slaying

I like the high kill requirements, to be honest. At least there's some things in the game that remain pretty exclusive that way.
Zog...What a list. Do you know if anyone has completed or is trying to complete ?

ravezaar

Post#7 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:22 pm

Recall doing the Pegasus and Dragon ones back in Live, for the backpieces
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Caduceus

Post#8 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:47 pm

Vri wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:47 pm Zog...What a list. Do you know if anyone has completed or is trying to complete ?
Nope, I know of no one. I would not be surprised if many of these titles have never been achieved before by anyone on RoR.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#9 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:28 pm

We once started the pgasi unlock. After an hour i felt so bad killing all the innocent pegasi and we stopped :'( what psychopath thought itsa good idea to kill 10000 horsies?