Recent Topics

Ads

why order tanks are worst than destro?

Let's talk about... everything else
puzzolamistica
Suspended

why order tanks are worst than destro?

Post#1 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:59 pm

i have a rr60 sm and a rr70+ kotbs and i also play chosen and black orck.
Can i ask you why chosen can be a dps, whit can also offer utility when kotbs dosent? why chosen have wounds debuff whitout requiring 2h? why chosen has spiritual damage? why chosen has 25% free parry? why they removed runefang form kotbs and give it to chosen? as a snb they are really similar kotbs offer 15%more healing and 5% crit but those classes are really close while chosen is tankier and has wounds debuff, but chosen offer more versatility.
Speaking about bo and sm, well sm is just a worst version of bo.
Bo has evritying good form sm plus way way way more utility like aoe buff and debuff that sm dosent have.
i dont really want to talk about ib and bg because i never touch those classes but is not the gurdge a worst version of bg mechanics while he need to recive damage instead of doing it so it makes harder to build groudges?
Peoples keep saying that order dosent have enough tank but as i can see is just normal when they are worst, they offer less fun and versatility.
Also the mdps situations is not balace beacuse msh and marauder has the same damage of wl but they also offer more utility and order have only 2mdps when they have 3.
Last edited by puzzolamistica on Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
junkxjunk

Re: why order tanks are worst than destro?

Post#2 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:18 pm

kotbs is so much better as a group Tank, both as 2h and 1h its not even funny. As solo id give the upper hand to chosen, but why play a tank if you wanna solo pewpew.
SM can deal pretty good dmg and has an amazing and unique m1.
but i guess you are running ungrouped in t3 Scenarios and wonder why people dont fall over when you hit them with your big stick.

puzzolamistica
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:22 pm

junkxjunk wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:18 pm kotbs is so much better as a group Tank, both as 2h and 1h its not even funny. As solo id give the upper hand to chosen, but why play a tank if you wanna solo pewpew.
SM can deal pretty good dmg and has an amazing and unique m1.
but i guess you are running ungrouped in t3 Scenarios and wonder why people dont fall over when you hit them with your big stick.
i m playig whit my guild but as i can see destro tanks offer more versatility cuz even if they go 2h they still have a lot of utility to offer, and for me this is a huge handicap.
sm is all about damage, kotbs is all about utility, bo and chosen can do both.
For example 2h sm does less damage than 2h chosen and offer way less utility, and if u go snb u offer less utility than bo and chosen.
Last edited by puzzolamistica on Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rekoom

Post#4 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:27 pm

SM is the better mirror as well, provides more utility in SnB (better punt, tankier, +25% parry buff, shields, aoe interrupt, morale drain, damage debuff) and more damage and survivability in 2 handed spec (spirit damage with spirit debuff, wall of darting steel, parry buff).

The only things BO do better are Waagh not needing a target, the M3 and the very niche AoE stat steal spec.

You should play Destro if you believe the tanks are superior there. I guarantee you you will go back to SM/KotBS.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

junkxjunk

Post#5 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:32 pm

What utility exactly? besides auras, all my chosen does is the dmg itself, punts etc. Yeah the wounds debuff is okay, but BGs is better. Kotbs offers strikethrough for the whole grp, his 13pt reduces dmg by 50% instead of 15, he buffs its groups crit and healing, and yes, you can only buff your parry by 15%, but what you are not saying is that you can buff your block, which the chosen cant. Even your m3 is wayyy better.
And parry is **** now anyways after the guard changes.

Ekundu01

Post#6 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:34 pm

Order tanks are far better at doing the actual job of tanking compared to destro tanks.

Destro tanks may do a bit more damage but when it comes to tanking order has much better tools/tactics for it.

If you are so concerned about your damage roll a mdps and not a wanna be dps tank.
Trismack

TreefAM

Post#7 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:40 pm

Alright, so the only USEFUL 2h tanks in a warband and city setting are a BG and a KOTBS.
The rest of them are literally just LOL dps with not a single thing that their snb builds don't have.
I know it's pretty cool to wave that big wep around and see the numbers, and honestly against pugs you can bring whatever nonsense and still stomp them. But if you are facing anything that is half capable of applying pressure, your 2h tanks will fold, they can't ball up and push, they need to play as dps on the edge of the aoe bomb if they want to survive.
But I imagine this is one of those tank solo roamer problems where BIG DEEPS is cried over.

Acidic

Post#8 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:57 pm

puzzolamistica wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:59 pm Also the mdps situations is not balace beacuse rsh and marauder has the same damage of wl but they also offer more utility and order have only 2mdps when they have 3.
You should stop smoking that wakky bakky
rSH in a discution on mele , think you meant mSH ( can u guess what the m and r stand for)

Order two mele , guess aSW only counts when it’s convenient
Msh same damage as WL don’t think so

Summary tank discution was silly, this is just drug induced weirdness
Last edited by Acidic on Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
lifeson

Post#9 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:06 pm

Its pretty balanced overall for tanks.
Only real difference is in mass oRVR there are more of them on dest (and more mdps) so when you play them (even in pugs) you often reach the critical mass needed of tank/melee to make an impression. In contrast, on order, you are the patsy left there alone while 30 engies, BWs and SWs run for the hills.

puzzolamistica
Suspended

Post#10 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:11 pm

Acidic wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:57 pm
puzzolamistica wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:59 pm Also the mdps situations is not balace beacuse rsh and marauder has the same damage of wl but they also offer more utility and order have only 2mdps when they have 3.
You should stop smoking that wakky bakky
rSH in a discution on mele , think you meant mSH ( can u guess what the m and r stand for)

Order two mele , guess aSW only counts when it’s convenient
Msh same damage as WL don’t think so

Summary tank discution was silly, this is just drug induced weirdness
now i have written msh are you happy? msh have the same aoe damage of wl, heal dbf and cd incrased, wl dosent have it so keep smoking your amazing weed :D