Recent Topics

Ads

Defendhammer Online

Let's talk about... everything else
Kragg

Re: Defendhammer Online

Post#41 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:16 am

Amorphium wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:51 am
Kragg wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:35 am I for one am glad we got rid of the sprint to city and people throwing zones. Now people do no longer respawn in keep the war has become more defensive, with some interesting results. I mean, the battle of the Quarry in Reikland were stunning and so much fun. A zone now has value and makes it worth to defend. That you ain't getting in means you have to get organised better, just like you always told Order to do ;)
glad you are having fun but this will only last until players get tired of being farmed and stop logging in.. player count has been slowly dropping but at least you can sit in your keeps and be smug about it
But players get farmed just as hard in the zones when the zerg is out. Like last night destro had 140 more people then Order in Eataine. There is no balance there and defending becomes the option to attempt to level out the playingfield again. Destro eventually got in, but it was an hard fought battle. Taking zone swith 5 stars are way more common now as well. Its a keep and should be hard to take, I would improve the RR rate of killing the lord as well tho.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
Waaghaa

Post#42 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:06 pm

anstalt wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:59 pm

1) Siege Ladders
Standing around waiting for the door to drop sucks. Lots of waiting around, quick zerg through the door, then more waiting on the second door. If we're lucky, we'll get some skirmishes by the posterns.

If we could actually scale the walls using siege ladders (or grappling hooks, whatever works), it could really improve the diversity of the combat. Defenders would still have the advantage, knocking you off the walls, plus 10s+ of climbing where the attackers can't do anything. But i think this would make the whole siege experience way more interesting, spreading us out a bit more and allowing melee to have more to do.
Bunch of classes can bypass postern, you don't see it so often as healers aren't among the classes who can.
Spoiler:

Disael

Post#43 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:42 pm

Waaghaa wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:06 pm Bunch of classes can bypass postern, you don't see it so often as healers aren't among the classes who can.
Right now bypassing as mdps is only reasonable if there are few to no defenders. if you die inside you'll either have to wait till the door falls and someone rezzes you, or run back from WC, which might be impossible.
And even if you are in, what can you accomplish? You can kill defenders that just get rezzed or respawn in keep, or do a little damage to the oil. Not worth it most of the time.

With the new precise zone system there would be a solution though:

If attacker dies between outer and inner, while outer is up, his corpse is ported to the outside, where he can be rezzed by healers.

With that everyone could participate in the siege:

Attacker:
  • Tanks guard Rps and operate ram
  • Healers heal and rez
  • rpds attacks oil and enemies on wall
  • mdps bypasses defenses and harasses inside
Defender:
  • Tanks go out attack ram, protect people inside
  • healers heal and rez
  • rdps blast from walls
  • mpds jump and attack ram, fight attacking mdps
Also allow attacking mdps to do (little) damage to the door from inside (Simulating people that climbed the walls just opening the door). That way it does not always come down focussing the ram as only siege vehicle.

Of course ladders and siege towers would be awesome additions. But i don't think that can be built with reasonable effort and is more wishful thinking

lyncher12

Post#44 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:35 pm

i dont know why you think that even if you were rezzable it would be a viable tactic. have you seen the outer wall when order is denying campaign progress? its not just engineers, its tanks and healers too. an unguarded melee dps is just going to get cc'd and die.

Lyability

Post#45 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:41 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:35 pm i dont know why you think that even if you were rezzable it would be a viable tactic. have you seen the outer wall when order is denying campaign progress? its not just engineers, its tanks and healers too. an unguarded melee dps is just going to get cc'd and die.
My engineer is completely useless on the outer wall. None of my abilities reach the ground or ground targets. On the inner wall, if I careful inch forward and I might be able to get a napalm off if my turret gives me full stacks and if I can survive long enough.

EDIt: I guess in a way I am agreeing with you as I will be guarding the backdoor *gigity*.
Last edited by Lyability on Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TreefAM

Post#46 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:42 pm

Group up for once

farng84

Post#47 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:12 pm

Lyability wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:41 pm
lyncher12 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:35 pm i dont know why you think that even if you were rezzable it would be a viable tactic. have you seen the outer wall when order is denying campaign progress? its not just engineers, its tanks and healers too. an unguarded melee dps is just going to get cc'd and die.
My engineer is completely useless on the outer wall. None of my abilities reach the ground or ground targets. On the inner wall, if I careful inch forward and I might be able to get a napalm off if my turret gives me full stacks and if I can survive long enough.

EDIt: I guess in a way I am agreeing with you as I will be guarding the backdoor *gigity*.
I have some doubt, eng has the same range potential as magus, both can easily hit from wall down of from down to wall with their basic skills (and maybe the long range turret if you ant to use mid range skills on far targets)

Lyability

Post#48 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:14 pm

farng84 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:12 pm

I have some doubt, eng has the same range potential as magus, both can easily hit from wall down of from down to wall with their basic skills (and maybe the long range turret if you ant to use mid range skills on far targets)
I use the long range turret just for the range buf. I can't even target my AoEs over the battlement in Eataine, I end up nuking my own level. I'm gren spec if that offers any insight.

EDIT: even with full stacks on long range turret, I can't use any abilities, not even my rifle shot. If its a bug please tell me because I feel absolutely useless and bored as heck on defense.

Ads
farng84

Post#49 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:36 pm

Lyability wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:14 pm
farng84 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:12 pm

I use the long range turret just for the range buf. I can't even target my AoEs over the battlement in Eataine, I end up nuking my own level. I'm gren spec if that offers any insight.

EDIT: even with full stacks on long range turret, I can't use any abilities, not even my rifle shot. If its a bug please tell me because I feel absolutely useless and bored as heck on defense.
Regarding the aoe I noticed that too, I can use skills with shorter range on defenders on top of the wall but if I try aoe which you aim using the white circle on the floor they do not hit on top of the wall (as if I aimed inside the wall at my same height instead of the top). I notice the issue using Magus
That might be a bug now that I think about it...
For the other skills it is not a bug, it depends on the line of sight (sometimes it feels weird as you can clearly see the target but not hit it), that part just takes a little practice and you will be able get which at targets you can actually hit (you get kind of used to the system).. sometimes you also fall down the wall trying to get in sight of whoever you want to hit btw (or at least I do)

kleinbuchstabe

Post#50 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:20 pm

anstalt wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:59 pm
What I'd love to see (if at all possible, no idea on feasibility):

1) Siege Ladders
Standing around waiting for the door to drop sucks. Lots of waiting around, quick zerg through the door, then more waiting on the second door. If we're lucky, we'll get some skirmishes by the posterns.

If we could actually scale the walls using siege ladders (or grappling hooks, whatever works), it could really improve the diversity of the combat. Defenders would still have the advantage, knocking you off the walls, plus 10s+ of climbing where the attackers can't do anything. But i think this would make the whole siege experience way more interesting, spreading us out a bit more and allowing melee to have more to do.

2) Allow attackers to unlock the doors from the inside
Whether it's the mdps slipping through the posterns to unlock, or the people scaling the walls with siege ladders, I think it would be great if there was a mechanic for unlocking the doors to let the hordes in, as well as a mechanic for re-locking the doors if the defenders can push us out again. This would again be a way to increase the diversity of the combat of sieges, giving more goals and more strategies, spread us out a bit more rather than relying on weight of numbers.
I love these ones!

There was a possibility allready on live: you could get thrown on the wall by a rat ogre, or jump down from a manticore.
I dont think that one of these should come back to the game in that form, but a possibility of reaching the walls would be an awesome gamechanger for keeps! especially for the melee classes and tanks. cause as long as the door is closed, melees and tanks can almost do nothing to siege or defend, no matter wich side of the wall you are, if you are melee you have to wait. Climbing up the walls, no matter how the mechanic is designed, shoud be part of keep sieges. The dynamic of the whole keep fight will explode and it will be a lot of action for both sides!