Recent Topics

Ads

Defendhammer Online

Let's talk about... everything else
lifeson

Defendhammer Online

Post#1 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:23 pm

I get maybe what the intention was with the defence changes to maybe slow progress to city a bit.
But..in prime EU time its so slow, literally Zzzzzzz sometimes.
Huge bands sitting in keeps waiting for ticks, tactics leaning towards starring keeps ASAP to set up defense - its got much more cautious overall.
Maybe I'm in the minority but this feels too static.
Game got less fun.

Ads
diedrake

Re: Defendhammer Online

Post#2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:27 pm

I dont know but its pretty fun at times such as today in dragonwake. Order had something like 50 or 60 in zone while destro had 120+. Destro failed to hit our door because we killed 2 rams. While we were defending destro got to 4 stars lost interest due to us killing both rams, ran to empty zone to lock while we counter sieged and took thier 4 star and the zone... With 100 or so destro still in zone. Btw when we sieged bearly a defence on thier part.

We didnt get a defence tic but we didnt care because it was way more enjoyable to get destro mad they couldnt lock and they abandoned the zone.

Btw what in the world is up w destro wanting to 5 star all the time. What happened to the aggressive destro i knew a year or so ago? Hmm odd... I remember when 5 starring was looked as the cowards way to lock zones.
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

lifeson

Post#3 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:31 pm

I dunno, some good battles here and there its true.
But whatever side you play on the 'waiting for defense tick' gameplay mode encourages more defense and less attack.

Just felt more dynamic and fast moving in the lakes before the changes.
Last edited by lifeson on Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diedrake

Post#4 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:52 am

Destro rn thinks that killing a wb w a pack of 70 destro is an accomplishment... When that wb was killing them for almost 8 mins haha.

Destro pride... Ha only when destro outnumbers order 2 to 3x as much.

Anyhoo destro have been real soft tonight. Us order are having a blast rn.

But all honesty this waiting for keep to be attacked while waiting in wc is a dull move
Fenaal- SM 40/84
Fanaal- CH 40/7x

JarlBerzirk

Post#5 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:38 am

diedrake wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:52 am Destro rn thinks that killing a wb w a pack of 70 destro is an accomplishment... When that wb was killing them for almost 8 mins haha.

But all honesty this waiting for keep to be attacked while waiting in wc is a dull move
Order do the exact same thing. I find it amusing when order players complain about things that destro do...when 99% of the time they are guilty of that exact same thing as well...

Waaghaa

Post#6 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:46 am

Defended a bunch of keeps yesterday, just moved between the 3 pairings, at sometime we started loosing keeps like DW, simply because order was attacking so many places at once that a discussion erupted on where to go to get the best defence tick and whilst that argument was ongoing, we lost our 4* keep in DW, however after that it was decieded that Reik was defence only - it is considered a poison keep on destro side, we simply wont push there if we have another option, defend Cal and push TM.

Got close to 150k rr from defending keeps and aprox 20k rr for attacking and taking keep / zone

The incitament for attacking is rather low atm, we all know it is because the amount of RR you get from defending is unreasonable high.
Spoiler:

Amorphium

Post#7 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:51 am

JarlBerzirk wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:38 am
diedrake wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:52 am Destro rn thinks that killing a wb w a pack of 70 destro is an accomplishment... When that wb was killing them for almost 8 mins haha.

Order do the exact same thing. I find it amusing when order players complain about things that destro do...when 99% of the time they are guilty of that exact same thing as well...
just wait for the next "Order never wins city, destro bias from devs" thread

lifeson

Post#8 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:55 pm

Waaghaa wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:46 am Got close to 150k rr from defending keeps and aprox 20k rr for attacking and taking keep / zone
The incitament for attacking is rather low atm, we all know it is because the amount of RR you get from defending is unreasonable high.
I agree.
38k for defending a keep for 20 mins
18k for taking a zone
No wonder its become a game of waiting for the other side to siege.
Last edited by lifeson on Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
havartii

Post#9 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:16 pm

Of course Order loves these changes, they can just set up their turtle defences with 50 bw and 50 engi blowing up rams, is a real fun time for them I'm sure. Does it make Destro mad? Na not really, we just tire of your lame tactics. Sit in that keep for an hour for all we care. 100 order in zone, but no fights or any to be seen in lakes. Cowards.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

lifeson

Post#10 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:28 pm

havartii wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:16 pm Of course Order loves these changes, they can just set up their turtle defences with 50 bw and 50 engi blowing up rams, is a real fun time for them I'm sure. Does it make Destro mad? Na not really, we just tire of your lame tactics. Sit in that keep for an hour for all we care. 100 order in zone, but no fights or any to be seen in lakes. Cowards.
Both sides do it, because of the new potential rewards - obscenely high defense ticks and bags.
Defense is becoming more 'profitable' than attack

Many people are bored on order due to the more static and defensive gameplay.
I'd guess many on destro are too.
Starring keeps...yawn.
Dunno why threads need to become inter faction squabbles, we are all there to kill each other and have fun together and apart from cunning moves made by guilds sometimes most of the playerbase follows herd instincts whether destro or order.
Last edited by lifeson on Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.