Recent Topics

Ads

Destro is a bunch of uncoordinated wussies, change me mind!

Let's talk about... everything else
oneangryflamer

Post#1 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:20 am

Hi folks,

sry for the provocative title but im kinda pissed about the current situation and i have to live up to my name!

So what has happened to destro? As is started to play some month ago destro was a force to be reckon with. We had coordinated wb's, forts were kinda even, keep battles were fun. Now most of that is gone, all i see is a headless zerg running around like frightnend chicken which is getting nothing done (except some city wins).

Whats your impression of the current situation and do you think its gonna change in some time?

Ads
Przepraszam

Re: Destro is a bunch of uncoordinated wussies, change me mind!

Post#2 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:58 am

Well i just being muted for 24h for calling Order F..... useless so...:D
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

TreefAM

Post#3 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:31 am

Keep sieges and forts were always the most boring part of the game. So unless it's event night for the big destro guilds you won't be seeing any organized warbands pushing the zones.
When I lead my groups we just roam and look for order warbands to fight, if destro starts sieging we will support it only if the other two zones are completely dead since that means the only fighting to be had is around the keep.
Also it seems that destro really lacks some real pug leaders these days, by real I don't just mean random open warbands but people who know what they're doing, know when to engage, what to flank, what position to hold. Not saying that the order puggies are better, but at least they're trying, even though lots of them are just box running warbands.

p00ky

Post#4 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:57 am

oneangryflamer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:20 am Hi folks,

sry for the provocative title but im kinda pissed about the current situation and i have to live up to my name!

So what has happened to destro? As is started to play some month ago destro was a force to be reckon with. We had coordinated wb's, forts were kinda even, keep battles were fun. Now most of that is gone, all i see is a headless zerg running around like frightnend chicken which is getting nothing done (except some city wins).

Whats your impression of the current situation and do you think its gonna change in some time?
Game has changed a lot for both sides since patch last with keeps and forts. I am actively playing both sides and can agree with a previous comment on this topic about a current lack of pug leaders on destro side during the weekdays, there are more in weekends. There are at least 3 constant order pug leaders running warbands on a nearly daily basis (which is great). There are also more guild organized order premades running latetly, and destro pugs can not fight them head on so are forced to wait in keep.

In terms of pug warbands, both sides are playing much more defensivelydue to the keep defence tick and bag roll. We were running our guild warband destro side last night and all order warbands were constantly sitting in the keeps, waiting for them to be sieged and to defend. When on order side, I seem to encounter the same issue.

Maybe we just need to wait for this new gamestyle to settle in and evolve and for new destro pug leaders to emerge. There seems to be a large destro player base rotation going on at the moment.

xruptor

Post#5 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:00 pm

oneangryflamer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:20 am Hi folks,

Really? Huh, and here I thought Order were also a bunch of uncoordinated wussies. I've seen it for both sides. My sister who plays Order has complained about it. (Which I chuckle sometimes) I'm not saying Destruction is any better, but it does apply to both sides. There have been scenarios and warbands on Order that have had me facepalm just watching it. It depends on the time of day and also the faction population. Obviously 20 Destro are not going to attack a group of 200 people and survive. (Unless they pull some sparta 300 stuff). So they are going to run away. Like I said I've seen it for both sides.

If I were to give a reasoning, the only thing I can think of is this mass exodus of players I was told about from players in game that moved from Destro to Order at some point. Apparently a number of guilds and veteran players switched over to Order some months ago. From what I'm told this is a fairly common occurrence and folks switch between the two factions often over the course of months.

Justicedelivers

Post#6 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:23 pm

"(Unless they pull some sparta 300 stuff)" Did you say Sparta? AOU AOU :D
Aillune

wonan

Post#7 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:34 pm

Been back for a few months now and it seems in the lakes order have realm leaders on 24 hours a day and all the warband scale guilds are allied together... same in forts order take and hold these more often than destro. In a city the stats show order struggle vrs the melee ball and destro out perform order. Of course this is only generally there are daily exceptions!

Kylashandra

Post#8 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:16 pm

That's what happens when a faction has so overwhelmingly better solo roaming classes... You have dozens of them running around and not contributing to the rvr effort.
Also, when attacking a keep, it's good to block reinforcement, but destro seems to prefer doing this instead of having decent numbers currently hitting door.

Ads
puzzolamistica
Suspended

Post#9 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:51 pm

well if i can see a lot of destro complaining about sw (2d worst order class) been too op while they have the most broken classes on entire game, this situation doent surprise me at all.

Waaghaa

Post#10 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:59 pm

My guess is that it has something to do with the 16/9 patch which gave us Defence ticks, successfully defending a keep will give up to 32k RR and usually these battles last for 5-10 min afore, the defenders successfully have destroyed the ram and pushed out the attackers.

Meanwhile, if the attackers succeed in taking the keep, to get 32k RR for the effort, you must have been in the zone for hours at end, taking BO's like there was no tomorrow and running supplies etc.

So at the moment WBs from both sides are goading each other to attack, as defence yields so much more.
Spoiler: