Recent Topics

Ads

Any ETA on the SH re-work

Let's talk about... everything else
havartii

Re: Any ETA on the SH re-work

Post#11 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:15 am

I remember seeing plenty of posts comparing each skill to the other class and what would be fair, I also remember devs saying they would not mirror the changes and would be specific to the class. If you want I can surf through all the pages of rage and find the jems that actually explained what needed to happen. This may take some time.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
Wuhh

Post#12 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:40 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:57 pm Feedback from ranged squig herder players has been considerably different than feedback from ranged shadow warrior players. There were dozens of feedback proposals related to rsw, not so much for rsh. We've been reaching out to players, but there doesn't seem to be much appetite for significant changes.

If you have a detailed proposal, post it to the balance forum. There's lots of good examples in there if you need to get started.
I think any of us who cared were relying on the patch notes when the rsw changes started out, iirc it stated that rsw would happen first and then rsh would follow. There was also a timeframe set out loosely if I'm not mistaken.

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:49 am

I think mSH is far too popular to initiate change rSH im the sure the flipside of change would have to be mirrored on mSH build. This would be very unpopular. Unlike SW it was in a poor state as a range class and aSW was onlyviable at high rr so you endure a lot of pain to get a viable class. Ranged did need changes more than Squig Herder. If like me you did like the old rSH which a terror in scenarios you wont be pleased that major changes are unlikely as you are in the minority at the moment mSH is the meta class.

havartii

Post#14 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:34 am

SW is still very strong melee as well, why would msh be touched? Nothing on msw was nerfed, it was actually reworked a bit also.. but not nerfed.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

XsorrowerX

Post#15 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:31 am

My only real gripe with rSH is that everyone has such high armor amounts, your attacks do piddly squat, unless you are super maxed out on gear just to break even. That, and an improvement to AoE damage would go a long way, since it seems integral to the game's design.

Ysaran

Post#16 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:13 am

wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:57 pm Feedback from ranged squig herder players has been considerably different than feedback from ranged shadow warrior players. There were dozens of feedback proposals related to rsw, not so much for rsh. We've been reaching out to players, but there doesn't seem to be much appetite for significant changes.

If you have a detailed proposal, post it to the balance forum. There's lots of good examples in there if you need to get started.
I'm sorry to derail the post, but after last patch I feel compelled to ask: there were lots of proposal about choppa, some of those will be implemented? Or we have to make more proposal in order to have some attention?
Zputadenti

wiscel

Post#17 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 11:30 am

Wuhh wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:40 am

I think any of us who cared were relying on the patch notes when the rsw changes started out, iirc it stated that rsw would happen first and then rsh would follow. There was also a timeframe set out loosely if I'm not mistaken.
That's also what I understood when first changes to SW were made.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

xruptor

Post#18 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:13 pm

I'm quite surprised at this. I don't play this class myself, but i'm a bit shocked that folks didn't give proposals or feedback for ranged squig herder. Especially how often I hear folks say that ranged Squig Herder needs a rework or buff. That it's only viable in melee in squig armor or that you need be be RR 70+ or higher for ranged squig herder to be effective. Usually it gets spammed in Advice quite often or in general. I've even seen people gripe about rSH in RVR stuff. Oddly enough I recall coming across several threads that usually say the same thing. I suppose it's a vocal minority that is asking for a squig herder rework. I can't say I've heard anyone actually say that ranged squig herder is fine, then again it could be just herd mentality of people carrying over the "SH is only good melee" idea.

Ads
wiscel

Post#19 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:32 pm

Wuhh wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 2:40 am

From patch notes 10/6/20: "Shadow Warrior changes have arrived. These changes are aimed (haha) at giving ranged Shadow Warrior specs a bit more love, something long overdue. Naturally we will be keeping a close eye on how these changes perform.

Squig Herders are coming up next, but we're going to give it at least a week before we get started on their changes."
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

xruptor

Post#20 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:53 pm

wiscel wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:32 pm From patch notes 10/6/20: "Shadow Warrior changes have arrived. These changes are aimed (haha) at giving ranged Shadow Warrior specs a bit more love, something long overdue. Naturally we will be keeping a close eye on how these changes perform.

Squig Herders are coming up next, but we're going to give it at least a week before we get started on their changes."

Ah interesting I didn't realize that was even in the patch notes. So they did say they were going to look into squig herders. The link to the patch notes is here.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=39021