Recent Topics

Ads

Any ETA on the SH re-work

Let's talk about... everything else
franzjaeger

Re: Any ETA on the SH re-work

Post#41 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:19 am

Mordd wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:50 pm
rrrutsss wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:21 am The thing about SH pet is lame that when it dies you lose its buffs(it dies quickly and often just dissapears). But wl pet can die and you still have the buffs , should do same for SH
Sure and require that several of your best tactics require a live pet while your at it and remove your ranged pets so it is required to go melee into all of the AOE to do anything.

You really dont want to get into this comparison.
At least WL have some abilities to heal pet and only a 15s cooldown. Sure SH can rotate pets but the best buff for your build will always come from one pet which means 30s cooldown + twice the cast time. You also have tactics that buff you when pet dies, all SH get when a pet dies is less damage due to losing out on buffs. Correct me if I'm wrong but War Lion is way tankier than squigs too.

Also our ranged pets are bugged and will often go almost into melee range to attack, plus if you want to do anything in a keep siege other than sitting at the backline watching the action, you will have to go into AoE and even with pet on passive it melts instantly.

But hey if WL's would be open to make the pet just a visual asset that can't attack or be killed and the same is done for SH I'd be all for that. Pets are worthless in ORvR anyway for anything other than solo or small group roaming.

Ads
Alcan
Suspended

Post#42 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:23 pm

well atm SW raged recks all they even do dot dmg 600+ pr tic and noone can do nada about it

sogeou

Post#43 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:59 pm

franzjaeger wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:19 am
rrrutsss wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:21 am The thing about SH pet is lame that when it dies you lose its buffs(it dies quickly and often just dissapears). But wl pet can die and you still have the buffs , should do same for SH
Sure and require that several of your best tactics require a live pet while your at it and remove your ranged pets so it is required to go melee into all of the AOE to do anything.

At least WL have some abilities to heal pet and only a 15s cooldown. Sure SH can rotate pets but the best buff for your build will always come from one pet which means 30s cooldown + twice the cast time. You also have tactics that buff you when pet dies, all SH get when a pet dies is less damage due to losing out on buffs. Correct me if I'm wrong but War Lion is way tankier than squigs too.

Also our ranged pets are bugged and will often go almost into melee range to attack, plus if you want to do anything in a keep siege other than sitting at the backline watching the action, you will have to go into AoE and even with pet on passive it melts instantly.

But hey if WL's would be open to make the pet just a visual asset that can't attack or be killed and the same is done for SH I'd be all for that. Pets are worthless in ORvR anyway for anything other than solo or small group roaming.

SH have tactics which give QoL to having pets. People don't want to use them because it equals less DPS. While WL's can only use 3 tactics because they have to use one for their pet.

Jastojan

Post#44 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:36 pm

xruptor wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:13 pm
wargrimnir wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:57 pm Feedback from ranged squig herder players has been considerably different than feedback from ranged shadow warrior players. There were dozens of feedback proposals related to rsw, not so much for rsh. We've been reaching out to players, but there doesn't seem to be much appetite for significant changes.

If you have a detailed proposal, post it to the balance forum. There's lots of good examples in there if you need to get started.

I'm quite surprised at this. I don't play this class myself, but i'm a bit shocked that folks didn't give proposals or feedback for ranged squig herder. Especially how often I hear folks say that ranged Squig Herder needs a rework or buff. That it's only viable in melee in squig armor or that you need be be RR 70+ or higher for ranged squig herder to be effective. Usually it gets spammed in Advice quite often or in general. I've even seen people gripe about rSH in RVR stuff. Oddly enough I recall coming across several threads that usually say the same thing. I suppose it's a vocal minority that is asking for a squig herder rework. I can't say I've heard anyone actually say that ranged squig herder is fine, then again it could be just herd mentality of people carrying over the "SH is only good melee" idea.
I am quite surprised too. To be more specific the answer from Wargrimnir surprised me. As I remember after first bigger SW rework patch there was a note in the patch notes that devs are going to rework rSH too! They planned it. AND - do not remember the nick of the player (If it was Ysaran or Adapter or who) but there were multiple threads with suggestions about rSH in that week. Maybe they were not in the right section of the forum, idk. But there were suggestions/proposals from players. SO: a) As you wrote it was quite obvious (notorious) that rSH was (and still is) poorer dmg dealer (you have to get 70+ and be good geared to be so so compared to others with equal eq and RR); + b) with combination the patch notes I mentioned ("devs were about to rework rSH too"); = ME (and maybe the others too) expected that rSH will be reworked very soon. It looked like devs had an idea and the process of rework was in the progress. Maybe THIS cause that players made no proposals anymore. It makes sense.

Now I see that no rSH rework was in progress (even if it was planned). At least we know that players should make proposals about rSH...

Nah these misunderstandings...

Mordd

Post#45 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:09 pm

rrrutsss wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:06 am
Like what tactics? Id go as far as remove pet and make it like sw if you like that? Pet is anyway most of the time dead or wandering somewhere.
Bonus from pet is lame, it should be stance based . While SW has stance bonus up all the time and so does wl whit or whit out a pet
Like the main pet tactic pack synergy for one. Again you have ranged pets that dont even have to go into the fight. WL dont have that option, which is why you dont see pets in city much even though its more damage to use a pet.

jacobeann

Post#46 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:28 pm

need yer bleedin to stack 3 times increase the crit Damage % a ranged knockdown would be nice

Mordd

Post#47 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:29 pm

franzjaeger wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:19 am

I would love to remove all of the reliance on the pet. But thats not going to happen so why even bring it up?
The heal is such a tiny hot its a waste of bar space. You are welcome to it.
You really want to give up a tactic slot to a short damage buff only when the pet dies, which you cant even control the time of.
The WL pet just took a health nerf making it even more useless in heavy aoe situations. Squig pets can be tanky depending on the pet type. Make them all melee range only and you can buff them some.

rrrutsss

Post#48 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:34 am

Mordd wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:09 pm
rrrutsss wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:06 am
Like what tactics? Id go as far as remove pet and make it like sw if you like that? Pet is anyway most of the time dead or wandering somewhere.
Bonus from pet is lame, it should be stance based . While SW has stance bonus up all the time and so does wl whit or whit out a pet
Like the main pet tactic pack synergy for one. Again you have ranged pets that dont even have to go into the fight. WL dont have that option, which is why you dont see pets in city much even though its more damage to use a pet.
Remove bonuses from stance on wl when pet is dead and make it that u cant call pet on the move just like on SH

Ads
Dephyant

Post#49 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:08 am

For the most part I like where single target is at, I enjoy the play style and the way the rotations are. Some tweak like a proc or pet debuff(from spiked squig) to help with the high armor on players would be nice.

Maybe the AOE damage needs a boost or some utility to make us useful in cities without having to gimp single target by losing a tactic.

Id take almost anything to get us a slot in city WB, pugging it is painful as it's usually other ranged squigs and a bunch of afk people lol.

Neverever

Post#50 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:06 pm

Actuall, that comparison can fairly be done. Some of the critical abilities of SH are also bind to pet and if you think being ranged really saves them from dying like flies you are terribebly mistaken. SH's ranged pet's attack range has been reduced to 65ft quite a while ago and guess what ? pet just stays at the same point doesn't really watch on keeping that 65ft as it attacks. So yes it dies even faster than WL melee pet because WL melee pet is much more touger than our ranged ones.