Recent Topics

Ads

Best of RoR -- October 2020

Let's talk about... everything else
Uchoo

Best of RoR -- October 2020

Post#1 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:12 pm

Hey guys,

To preface this, anyone who perused forums on lives know how these threads typically go, but I just wanted to take a bit of time on this beautiful Tuesday to shoutout at some people who I think are beacons of the community right now as far as how the game is being played. To those I mention, don't let your hubris swallow you. This won't be a long list, just a few people who I think deserve a shoutout right now. Finally, this is an opinion-piece! I play mostly during NA times and the subject matter is only from my personal experience. It doesn't mean I'm right or wrong.

Krubs, Billbrasky & crew: It's refreshing to see people using WH's in the way you guys are. The tools and strategies you are using in open rvr have always been there, just never utilized. Punting people off of keeps with 8pc Sov, baiting with one person and having 5 WH's and god knows who else open on them.. great stuff! Keep pushing the limits, be aggressive. Also, you guys work to understand the math and how to really min-max the class, keep that up, it's important.

Orderpatriot: You're a memer but you're also a really good Shadow Warrior. I would enjoy seeing you working with others to create a devastating team. Shadow Warrior is an absolutely busted class right now and you are one of the few showing it done right.

Dachosen: Great leader, fun guy, never gives up, works well with others, analyzes losses to better understand the game and create new strategies rather than complain about it. That's the right attitude to succeed in any game or anywhere in life.

Artek: Piper Lord. I can't say enough about this guy. A lot of metagame stuff in Warhammer Online is about strong group synergies.. Guard, Detaunt, soft targets, not-soft targets, morales, yada-yada. Artek is a master of exploiting these weaknesses quickly in almost any setting, as well as creating and communicating these weaknesses. What makes him really unique is that he also creates strengths where we have weaknesses. Standing in front of healers to body-block so melee can't auto-attack, stuff like that. He sees and analyzes this stuff very quickly, and communicates it. Guys like this are diamonds in the rough.

Edgod, Khrylashe, Iskrul: You guys are some of the very few that I see who work that hard at being a healer. You guys play with near perfect efficiency but most importantly your positioning is at least A tier. Very, very few understand the intricacies of healer positioning and how to utilize it to waste enemy resources or do any number of things while being very, very difficult to connect a kill on.

Rolgrom: Great leader with very interesting strats. You are by far the tankiest warband I've had to face in cities. Your tanks rotate bellows extremely well. I don't tend to agree with a lot of his negative views on the game. He often doesn't give up easily, utilizes very unique strats that force his opponents into a mental chess match. I haven't worked with you or your warbands so I can't say much more. If you were open to criticism, I would say that you could benefit from learning from some other slayers and collusion with some other leaders that approach rvr and city fights different. You and Sybella working together would be devastating.

Sybella: One of the best Order city team leaders in my opinion. You work hard to understand the game. You communicate well. Most importantly, you do damage and get others to do damage. It's brutal to play against your WB's, one small mistake and we die. If you and Rolgrom worked together and compared notes, I think it would create a nearly unbeatable warband that could really only lose to the absolute top-tier sweaty's like LoB on destro.

Nokh/Gobbo: You guys are great players with a very strong understanding of the game. You analyze your fights, learn from them and improve. A new guild can be tough but keep at it, the community needs more like you guys.

Gravord: You deserve a thank you from almost everyone on this server. City Solo Queue is almost never a good experience, and even more uncommonly does it represent what this game is like when played correctly. Gravord allows a lot of people into his warband who otherwise would probably not have found a group and leads city for them. Especially Order recently, as Order has very few city warbands leaders. And please guys, just assist him!

Myrms: A little nudge to my old friends coming back to the game. You guys still retain the knowledge and skill to play this game well, and it's so, so refreshing to have you back! Especially on Order, the side which I feel is lacking the most in those 2 traits currently.

That's it for my little list, thanks!

Uchoo
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Ads
Mortorin

Re: Best of RoR -- October 2020

Post#2 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:01 pm

Great post, nice to see some positivity!

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:32 pm

Oohlgrind for dealing dmg in my cities. Every tank that guards me. Schnipsel for carrying me whenever i meet him in ranked. Zarbix, secrets and toshutkidup who invite me to roaming parties.

Onigokko0101

Post#4 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:52 am

You are going to make me blush.

For real though, good post. This community needs a bit more love and a bit less anger. We all play this game to have fun.

We have some seriously good players, on both sides, lets recognize that and have fun trying to beat each other!
Khrylashe - Zealot
Devarien - Blackguard
Bigdisc- Magus
Aendael - Warrior Priest
Nusku- Bright Wizard

zulnam

Post#5 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:41 am

Onigokko0101 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:52 am For real though, good post. This community needs a bit more love and a bit less anger. We all play this game to have fun.
I agree. Less WAAAAGH, more bowchickaWaaaghWaaagh. 8-)

Great initiative!
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Kungfumantis

Post#6 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:24 pm

Thanks for the shout out Uchoo!

I would like to add some other names to this list of other great healers that I've drawn from or respect greatly. This list is not in any way comprehensive!

Zealots: Opeteh, Hotspec, Sunglass, Zomega, Tamta. I've either had discussions with you guys or have seen your play first hand extensively. Your experience and insight have been invaluable for my development into a better Zealot. In my experience I rarely see people utilizing the entirety of their class, and all of you(plus Edgod and Khry) exemplify this for Zealots.

DoKs: Iyvan, Zinetta, Covu, Bella, Akaathi, Binadas, Natalee just to name a few. When I see you guys in my group I know I can adopt an entirely different and more aggressive play style which transforms the experience playing as a Zealot entirely and really helps to apply constant pressure to the enemy warband.

RP: Broodling and Django you guys are the plug and play healers that any young RP should strive to be. Tanky and always consistent in your performance, your presence alone can elevate a warband to perform at a level they wouldn't otherwise be expected to.

WP: Uanaka, Tyrrex, Masa you guys act as anchors for a warband. When I see your names I know we're in for a tough fight.

AM & Sham: Galaxyshine, Lilpea, you both are the X factors that can really bring it all together. Without you the fights on either side would be much faster and to me there's no higher praise for a healer!

Sorry if I missed any!
Iskrul 80x Zealot

Kaarnyx 68 DoK

too many other alts worth mentioning!

Sarnai

Post#7 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:19 pm

The Krubs Full Sov Warband cannot be stopped.
WH looking for gunbad left

Boursk

Post#8 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:43 pm

Shoutout to Echo - He dunks you the same way he dunks his blocks of cheese :3
[3 years on Live = Volkmar > Ironrock > Gorfang > Badlands]

My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HannesMW2

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#9 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:37 pm

Like the attitude here, even though I don't know more than half of the names mentioned. Maybe it's a TZ thing.

I just want to mention Aillune here. You make the game more enjoyable than anyone I know outside of my own guild brother. EU prime time AAO Sparta squad forever! Ahhu!
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

Fey

Post#10 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:39 pm

Sorry, but I'm going to have to report this post. It is clearly in violation of forum rules. Every post that begins a thread must contain at least %10 toxicity and/or general asshat-ary. You aren't even close to that.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan